fearundercontrol Posted November 20, 2006 Author Posted November 20, 2006 Is it normal for me to be scared/nervous? Or am I just being a pathetic worrywart?
cmotherofpirl Posted November 20, 2006 Posted November 20, 2006 [quote name='fearundercontrol' post='1123920' date='Nov 19 2006, 10:35 PM'] Is it normal for me to be scared/nervous? Or am I just being a pathetic worrywart? [/quote] you sleep - we pray, go to bed
fearundercontrol Posted November 20, 2006 Author Posted November 20, 2006 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1123925' date='Nov 20 2006, 12:46 AM'] you sleep - we pray, go to bed [/quote] Well now I'm awake again so now what?
Piamaria Posted November 20, 2006 Posted November 20, 2006 [quote name='fearundercontrol' post='1124216' date='Nov 20 2006, 06:38 AM'] Well now I'm awake again so now what? [/quote] We still pray.
fearundercontrol Posted November 20, 2006 Author Posted November 20, 2006 (edited) Big problemo. My mother just found out this morning, and my dad will probably find out tonight. AndI am running into all sorts of problems. First off, I am not being taken seriously. Not in the sense that they (my parents and therapist) don't think I have a problem but that they don't think it's actually an eating disorder, nor do they think I need partial hospitalization. I, however, know that this is an eating disorder--I am having all the problems/symptoms that go with it--and after much thought and much prayer, am certain that I need the partial hospitalization. But I am up against strong opposition. Even worse, it is most likely that the insurance is not going to pay for it. And that is a HUGE problem--Centre Syracuse costs $500 a day, five days a week. My parents certainly can't afford it, and I certainly can't afford it. If I stay the typical length, it will amount to $20,000. And I know that if I am not able to go for the partial hospitalization, I know I will not get the proper help that I need. I don't know what to do! Edited November 20, 2006 by fearundercontrol
cmotherofpirl Posted November 20, 2006 Posted November 20, 2006 There are always alternatives such as out patient therapy. You are not doomed.
fearundercontrol Posted November 20, 2006 Author Posted November 20, 2006 Yes but you see the therapy I am getting now is not working. I have been getting it for years and years and it has not worked. My own therapist doesn't understand what is going on, even when I tell her! I have prayed and prayed about this, and I have gotten a definite yes as to whether or not partial hospitalization is what I need. And that's what my gut tells me too. And it also hurts to have my parents and my therapist be so against me like this and to tell me I don't have problems that I do have.
Groo the Wanderer Posted November 20, 2006 Posted November 20, 2006 Perhaps it would help if you showed your parents this thread and let them read all about it and the responses from the phamily?
fearundercontrol Posted November 20, 2006 Author Posted November 20, 2006 No, I would get in big trouble for blabbing about it to "the whole world."
Balthazor Posted November 20, 2006 Posted November 20, 2006 we are a pretty small galaxy and you are anonymous
fearundercontrol Posted November 20, 2006 Author Posted November 20, 2006 [quote name='Balthazor' post='1124415' date='Nov 20 2006, 05:21 PM'] we are a pretty small galaxy and you are anonymous [/quote] That doesn't mean anything to my dad. Just the fact that I blabbled it to anyone and everyone is enough, and "who knows who is on there" and blah blah blah. It would never end. Trust me.
Balthazor Posted November 20, 2006 Posted November 20, 2006 Yeah I understand. But don't worry. As for you parents being against you... I highly doubt that they are against you. Maybe against what you think you should do, but they want you to be well just as much as you want to be well. They are only trying to help you in that healing and they have a different idea than you do. I know it is frustrating, but don't be hurt, they are really trying to look out for your best interest. Before you close off to other options find out what they have in mind and see if you could work together on it. Maybe there is more than one road to wellness.
fearundercontrol Posted November 20, 2006 Author Posted November 20, 2006 (edited) [quote name='Balthazor' post='1124438' date='Nov 20 2006, 05:35 PM'] Before you close off to other options find out what they have in mind and see if you could work together on it. Maybe there is more than one road to wellness. [/quote] I know what it is. My therapist has already told me. And one problem I have is that she's always all talk. She never actually gets to doing anything she talks about doing. Or she starts and never finishes. So as much as she insists that DBT will help, it may be months, or maybe never, before we actually do it. And clearly she doesn't understand at all what I'm having problems with, even though I know I have shared these things with here. She says I'm not having problems with the very things I'm having problems with! I really don't want to continue going through this, especially when I know there's something out there that could very possibly actually help me. I feel like the past four years I have spent going to Joan have been a total waste. Edited November 20, 2006 by fearundercontrol
fearundercontrol Posted November 21, 2006 Author Posted November 21, 2006 Holy carp. MY DAD ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD ME. HE ACTUALLY LISTENED AND UNDERSTOOD ME!!!! He came up to my room and asked to talk to me and we talked for like maybe five minutes. No yelling, no lecture, nothing. He asked some questions and he totally listened to what I said AND HE ACTUALLY GOT IT!
cmotherofpirl Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 Hurray!!!!!!! the first hurdfle is crossed!
JesusIPray Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 Its a good start! Putting one foot in front of the other.
Groo the Wanderer Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 JMJ! w00tiness! Luv ya sis - you are on yer way!!!!
Jaime Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 [quote name='fearundercontrol' post='1124722' date='Nov 20 2006, 08:18 PM'] Holy carp. MY DAD ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD ME. HE ACTUALLY LISTENED AND UNDERSTOOD ME!!!! He came up to my room and asked to talk to me and we talked for like maybe five minutes. No yelling, no lecture, nothing. He asked some questions and he totally listened to what I said AND HE ACTUALLY GOT IT! [/quote] Excellent. I'm glad he listened. almost as important I'm glad I was right
fearundercontrol Posted November 21, 2006 Author Posted November 21, 2006 (edited) [quote name='JesusIPray' post='1124780' date='Nov 21 2006, 12:53 AM'] Its a good start! Putting one foot in front of the other. [/quote] Isn't there some Sesame Street song about that? Edited November 21, 2006 by fearundercontrol
Recommended Posts