Balthazor Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 There is a song on "santa clause is coming to town' that the winter warlock sings. You put one foot in front of the other, and soon you'll be walkin cross the floor. You put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walkin out the door.
fearundercontrol Posted November 21, 2006 Author Posted November 21, 2006 I don't think that's the one I'm thinking of. Maybe it is. I dunno I'd have to hear it. I've been thinking today about this whole situation. And it just seems so strange to me. I feel like I'm not the kind of person who should have to get this kind of help or have this kind of problem. It's like, this isn't really happening to me, right? I feel like I'm someone else or something. I don't know how to explain it. I called the person Sherie told me to call about whether or not Centre Syracuse is approved by my insurance and about getting an evaluation, but I had to leave a message. I also called and left a message for Sherie to call my dad, because he said he would like to talk to her. And when I talked to Sherie, she said she is going to try to get ahold of Joan and talk to her. So that is where everything is at.
Balthazor Posted November 21, 2006 Posted November 21, 2006 Well sounds like you are doing a good job of taking care of things. I am glad to hear that your Dad listened.
fearundercontrol Posted November 22, 2006 Author Posted November 22, 2006 The person from Centre Syracuse called me back this evening and said they do accept my insurance (or, rather, my parents' insurance). My dad said that that isn't an automatic green light, however. In order for our insurance to approve of this, they are going to have to review my whole history--and that is where I will probably run into problems. He also said he isn't going to support me on this without a second opinion. Which pretty much means Sherie is going to have to be able to convince Joan that this is the right thing for me, which seems next to impossible. I don't want to have to wait for all this to sort out, or have to deal with the "what if" thoughts of it not working out. I just want it to happen now, even if it meant not finishing the semester. I mean I want help with this finally, for the first time, and now I'm having to wait and wait and wait, with the possibility lingering that it might not happen. This is so frustrating; I JUST WANT HELP!
Mary EJ Posted November 22, 2006 Posted November 22, 2006 I will pray for you! I hope you will be able to get the treatment you need!
Christie_M Posted November 22, 2006 Posted November 22, 2006 [quote name='fearundercontrol' post='1125483' date='Nov 21 2006, 05:59 PM'] The person from Centre Syracuse called me back this evening and said they do accept my insurance (or, rather, my parents' insurance). My dad said that that isn't an automatic green light, however. In order for our insurance to approve of this, they are going to have to review my whole history--and that is where I will probably run into problems. He also said he isn't going to support me on this without a second opinion. Which pretty much means Sherie is going to have to be able to convince Joan that this is the right thing for me, which seems next to impossible. I don't want to have to wait for all this to sort out, or have to deal with the "what if" thoughts of it not working out. I just want it to happen now, even if it meant not finishing the semester. I mean I want help with this finally, for the first time, and now I'm having to wait and wait and wait, with the possibility lingering that it might not happen. This is so frustrating; I JUST WANT HELP! [/quote] Just hang in there.
Balthazor Posted November 22, 2006 Posted November 22, 2006 I know it is frustrating. Just take things one day at a time, trying to digest anything longer than a day and you will stress yourself out. Just one day, one hour at a time if you have to.
Piamaria Posted November 22, 2006 Posted November 22, 2006 [quote name='fearundercontrol' post='1125483' date='Nov 21 2006, 05:59 PM'] The person from Centre Syracuse called me back this evening and said they do accept my insurance (or, rather, my parents' insurance). My dad said that that isn't an automatic green light, however. In order for our insurance to approve of this, they are going to have to review my whole history--and that is where I will probably run into problems. He also said he isn't going to support me on this without a second opinion. Which pretty much means Sherie is going to have to be able to convince Joan that this is the right thing for me, which seems next to impossible. I don't want to have to wait for all this to sort out, or have to deal with the "what if" thoughts of it not working out. I just want it to happen now, even if it meant not finishing the semester. I mean I want help with this finally, for the first time, and now I'm having to wait and wait and wait, with the possibility lingering that it might not happen. This is so frustrating; I JUST WANT HELP! [/quote] You sound so much better to me. You are (with God's help) speaking up for yourself and doing what is necessary to get help. Keep it up; we are all praying for you this Thanksgiving. love in Jesus, Piamaria
fearundercontrol Posted November 22, 2006 Author Posted November 22, 2006 Wow this is frustrating. Someone from Centre Syracuse just called. Something about how I had called and expressed interest in the program (something like that), and they needed more information first. Something like that. (The lady I talked to last night said I should call back this morning, and I didn't b/c of what my dad said about wanting a second opinion first. So I'm assuming they were calling because I hadn't called.) And so I was like well my parents want a second opinion first to make sure it's the right thing; I'm ready to just go for it but they're kinda hesitant and want the second opinion first. So she said I should call back once I was ready to actually go ahead w/ stuff. I wish my dad would just say okay and let me get on with this! I mean I understand that he doesn't want to make the wrong decision and end up with me being worse off than before, but I want help NOW and I really don't want to wait anymore, and I know that this is the right thing. I am going to go crazy if I have to wait too much longer to get started on the process. I really would be willing to just say screw this semester and start now if I could. And part of me is afraid that I'm going to lose the desire for help after a while if I don't get it--or get to act on getting it--soon. I hate wanting the help and not being able to have it. This is taking too long.
fearundercontrol Posted November 23, 2006 Author Posted November 23, 2006 I feel like things are getting worse. I really can't get myself to eat. And I've started to look up ways to lose weight, what kinds of activities burn how many calories, etc. I wish I could stop doing this but I can't! Why can't I have the help I need NOW?!
cmotherofpirl Posted November 23, 2006 Posted November 23, 2006 [quote name='fearundercontrol' post='1126759' date='Nov 23 2006, 04:21 PM'] I feel like things are getting worse. I really can't get myself to eat. And I've started to look up ways to lose weight, what kinds of activities burn how many calories, etc. I wish I could stop doing this but I can't! Why can't I have the help I need NOW?! [/quote] You need to tell THEM this part.
fearundercontrol Posted November 23, 2006 Author Posted November 23, 2006 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1126819' date='Nov 23 2006, 08:25 PM'] You need to tell THEM this part. [/quote] "Them" who? And it's not gonna make a difference. It's not. I seriously think I'd have to lose like 20 pounds before Joan takes me seriously enough to agree with me.
Balthazor Posted November 23, 2006 Posted November 23, 2006 It wont make a differece????How do you know unless you try???? You are dooming yourself to failure through inaction. Telling us does nothing but get you prayers and a little advice. Telling them (parents, couselors, doctors) gets you the help you need. I am all for prayer but you gotta meet God halfway, even if it is through an instrument that you do not like.
Fr. Antony Maria OSB Posted November 24, 2006 Posted November 24, 2006 Didn't you say that telling your Dad wouldn't make a difference and that he wouldn't listen to you? And look, he listened to you and wants to help out! Try telling your parents, counselors, and doctors about this, and see what happens. You would be surprised how much God works through others if we just look. May God bless and protect you always in all of your endeavors! Your Brother in Christ, Joe
cmotherofpirl Posted November 24, 2006 Posted November 24, 2006 [quote name='fearundercontrol' post='1126821' date='Nov 23 2006, 06:36 PM'] "Them" who? And it's not gonna make a difference. It's not. I seriously think I'd have to lose like 20 pounds before Joan takes me seriously enough to agree with me. [/quote] "them" is your dad and sherie. Point out to "them" you are looking for ways online to barf. Tell your dad and sherie your response to food is 200 crunches. Keep telling [color="#CC0000"]them [/color] until they listen.
fearundercontrol Posted November 25, 2006 Author Posted November 25, 2006 Okay so I totally read the thing wrong. It didn't say 6-8 weeks for the typical stay, it said 8-12 weeks for the typical stay. That's a max of [b]$30,000[/b], not $20,000. If my dad finally okays this, even if the insurance does come through, we are going to need a miracle to pay for this thing. And I really need it, because this is still getting worse....
XIX Posted November 25, 2006 Posted November 25, 2006 [quote name='fearundercontrol' post='1125263' date='Nov 21 2006, 04:51 PM'] I don't think that's the one I'm thinking of. Maybe it is. I dunno I'd have to hear it. [/quote] A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step?
fearundercontrol Posted November 28, 2006 Author Posted November 28, 2006 (edited) I am in biiiiiiiiiiiig trouble. So I'm supposed to make my appointments with Joan for the next month at the beginning of the current month month (i.e., I'm supposed to call to make December's appointments in the beginning of November). Well guess who didn't make them until just now. And guess who wasn't able to get an appointment for this Saturday. Yeahhhh. I was only able to get an appointment for Dec 9th and Dec 30th. The parental units are not going to be happy. And this also is going to mess things up. I really needed an appointment this Saturday. I am just going to have to call her to let her know so she can call me if she has any cancellations. I need to not make these kind of mistakes. On a different note, I have an appointment with Sherie tomorrow afternoon. So keep that in prayer tomorrow. Edited November 28, 2006 by fearundercontrol
fearundercontrol Posted November 29, 2006 Author Posted November 29, 2006 It seems that I am going further and further downhill. I am starting to get kind of scared. It seems like it is going to take forever before I'll be able to get the appropriate help. And I'm getting nervous about what will happen if I'm not able to get the help I need soon. I've been losing weight steadily since Thursday, and my mentality is horrible. I wish I could have the help I need now. I'm afraid of how bad this might get before I'm able to get the help I need.
Recommended Posts