An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's Your Favourite Color Habit?

Veritas

What's Your Favourite Color Habit?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

+

The colors of the habit are significant :love: , e.g., blue is the color of Mary and often symbolizes devotion to her, pink signifies the Holy Spirit, maroon signifies the blending of blue for Our Lady and red for Our Lord's Passion.

Blessings,
V

cathoholic_anonymous

I was torn between brown (because of Carmel), maroon (because of the beautiful combination), blue (for Our Lady) and pink (for the Holy Spirit). Ultimately I chose pink, because I feel that the Holy Spirit encompasses all those other things, and it is the passion behind a religious sister's life.

VeniteAdoremus

I've picked grey because I love the dark grey habits of the Order of St. John, aestetically. But for myself, white, I think :)

franciscanheart

I chose grey but if I could have chosen two, I would have chosen brown as it is the traditional Franciscan color. However, grey is the color of the habit for the order I am currently discerning. :) They too are Capuchins but do not wear brown.

philosophette

I visited some Dominicans and the told me that their habits are designed to be completely reversible. I guess that is why they always appear without stains! :disguise:

[quote name='philosobrat' post='1113210' date='Nov 6 2006, 07:48 PM']
I visited some Dominicans and the told me that their habits are designed to be completely reversible. I guess that is why they always appear without stains! :disguise:
[/quote]
Woah... that's cool (regardless of if it's true or not).

[quote]These that are clothed in white robes, who are they? and whence came they? And I said to him: My Lord, thou knowest. And he said to me: These are they who are come out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and have made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore they are before the throne of God, and they serve him day and night in his temple: and he, that sitteth on the throne, shall dwell over them.[/quote]- Apocalypse/Revelation, Chapter 7

White-- Dominican.