An Old School Catholic Message Board

What's Your Favourite Color Habit?

Veritas

What's Your Favourite Color Habit?  

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Veritas' post='1303839' date='Jun 27 2007, 10:52 PM']Ah, yes, the Nashville Dominicans... woot woot. I love seeing them at Mass. I hope we have habited Dominicans teaching at UST soon.[/quote]
I know the Nashvilles have a school in MN... is there talk of them teaching at UST?

[quote name='missionarybelle' post='1309535' date='Jul 2 2007, 03:28 PM']I voted for pink as a joke. i didn't know they had pink habits!!!!! that's so amazing.

I'm going look for that.

but in all seriousness, I like black and white or just white.[/quote]

+

The Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters. They are pics of them in the "Nuns Pics" thread. :)

[quote name='shortnun' post='1309854' date='Jul 2 2007, 07:20 PM']I know the Nashvilles have a school in MN... is there talk of them teaching at UST?[/quote]

+

Only in my dreams ;) Not that I know.

• 5 months later...

[quote name='In His Light' post='1112442' date='Nov 5 2006, 11:30 PM']Other....

Black and White.......Tyburn wears two different habits, one black, one white :P:

JMMB,
Belinda

Edited by Stacey

Black and White.......Tyburn wears two different habits, one black, one white :P:

JMMB,
Belinda

Edited by Stacey

JMMB,
Belinda

Edited by Stacey

JMMB,
Belinda Tyburn only have two habits to adapt to climate otherwise they wouldn't have. They wear the traditional Benedictine black in most places ( and don't change it) but the white is worn in Peru, Columbia, Equador and in real heat in Rome. They do wear a white cloak/cowl though as a remnant of their first habit before they were Benedictines - this habit was blue with a red cord and white cloak/cowl.[/quote]

[quote name='Matty_boy' post='1113605' date='Nov 7 2006, 07:37 AM']I am partial to the Benedictines in black, but color really doesn't matter to me as long as they're wearing one![/quote]

AMEN to THAT!

Thomist-in-Training

I chose blue because the prettiest habits I ever saw were dark sky-blue with cream veils (and a rosary and Franciscan rope, called something like Slaves or Servants of the Immaculate but I'm not sure exactly what :'( ) and the next prettiest color-wise are probably the FSI (Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate). But Dominicans are also hard to beat. Sr. Mary Angelica OP from Nashville explained to me that she used to paint and wear all kinds of bright colors and people asked her how she'd cope with a white and black habit and she explained that white light is the presence of all color, and the same for black pigment! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

+
[img]http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/SoxBlog/archives/nuns.JPG[/img]

Little Sisters (of the Poor) are so cute!

[quote name='Mari Therese' post='1432993' date='Dec 11 2007, 07:22 PM']I like blue, very Marian. However, the Daughters of St. Paul wear a blue habit and they aren't...[/quote]

aren't what?