[quote name='Budge' post='1115285' date='Nov 8 2006, 03:26 PM']
You dont act like anyone I know,
[/quote]

Me either...
[quote name='notardillacid' post='1115297' date='Nov 8 2006, 03:31 PM']

You have no idea how often I get that :lol_roll:
[/quote]
:lol_roll:

I dont belive in any violence against people for what they believe.

I dont care if Calvin or other people in history did it, it was WRONG and any Prot who put people to the stake and never repented is now in hell.

so why do you defend it when your side does it?

I noticed there was the thread where Goethie...{cant remember spelling} asked Raphael if he would get out the matches again, in different words, I notice that thread has suddenly gone poof.

As for Pope John Paul II washing the disciples feet, that is FAUX PIETY...

ACTION LIGHTS< ACT HUMBLE...

USING A [b]GOLD [/b] PITCHER to pour water over a foot in a [b]GOLD[/b] BASIN...

come on...

Edited by Budge

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1115350' date='Nov 8 2006, 05:15 PM']
I noticed there was the thread where Goethie...{cant remember spelling} asked Raphael if he would get out the matches again, in different words, I notice that thread has suddenly gone poof.

As for Pope John Paul II washing the disciples feet, that is FAUX PIETY...

ACTION LIGHTS< ACT HUMBLE...

USING A [b]GOLD [/b] PITCHER to pour water over a foot in a [b]GOLD[/b] BASIN...

come on...
[/quote]
I don't know what thread in particular you are talking about, but if you want to ciriticize moderating protocol, you need to do it privately. You can email me if you wish.

You have no idea what the pope's intentions were. Further, the fact that the vessels were made of gold is irrelevant.

[quote name='Budge' post='1115350' date='Nov 8 2006, 05:15 PM']
I dont belive in any violence against people for what they believe.

I dont care if Calvin or other people in history did it, it was WRONG and any Prot who put people to the stake and never repented is now in hell.

[/quote]

Why do you defend the reformation. Anyone who defends the reformation has not love in them. They are a source of darkness.

I think the fact the pitchers were gold is very relevant...

I bet one of us could melt down one of those pitchers and live for several months off the proceeds, itd probably feed a poor African family for acouple of years....

Act 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.[/b]

Edited by Budge

[quote name='Budge' post='1115355' date='Nov 8 2006, 05:26 PM']

I bet one of us could melt down one of those pitchers and live two years off the proceeds, itd probably feed a poor African family for ten years...
[b]
Act 3:6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.[/b]
[/quote]

Budge-

Do you have "nice things" in your house?

Anything unessesary? Does your dinner service have a pattern? Do you have plain white curtains, or something fancy?

Edited by RC_

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Budge' post='1115355' date='Nov 8 2006, 04:26 PM']

I bet one of us could melt down one of those pitchers and live for several months off the proceeds, itd probably feed a poor African family for acouple of years....

[/quote]

Mark 14:3-9
3While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head.

4Some of those present were saying indignantly to one another, "Why this waste of perfume? 5It could have been sold for more than a year's wages[a] and the money given to the poor." And they rebuked her harshly.

6"Leave her alone," said Jesus. "Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 7The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want. But you will not always have me. 8She did what she could. She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial. 9I tell you the truth, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1115355' date='Nov 8 2006, 05:26 PM']

[/quote]
Now when Jesus was in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, a woman came up to him with an alabaster jar of costly perfumed oil, and poured it on his head while he was reclining at table. When the disciples saw this, they were indignant and said, "Why this waste? It could have been sold for much, and the money given to the poor." Since Jesus knew this, he said to them, "Why do you make trouble for the woman? She has done a good thing for me. The poor you will always have with you; but you will not always have me. In pouring this perfumed oil upon my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. Amen, I say to you, wherever this gospel is proclaimed in the whole world, what she has done will be spoken of, in memory of her." Then one of the Twelve, who was called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests and said, "What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?" They paid him thirty pieces of silver, and from that time on he looked for an opportunity to hand him over.
[right]-Matthew 26:6-16[/right]

The Church has fed and clothed more than you have. St. Charles Borromeo, a cardinal and a relative of the pope, gave his bed to the poor and slept on the floor.

John 12

5: "Why was this ointment not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?"
6: This he said, not that he cared for the poor :blink:

I of course know that scripture, Jesus is right, it is ok to enjoy beautiful things in this life from time to time...

However the Pope doesnt need to be playing humble...with a solid gold pitcher...

How many gold items are there in the Vatican? Probably beyond us being able to count.

I live a very frugal lifestyle, no gold bars, pitchers, basins, for me...;)

and thats fine, if I had a gold pitcher, thered be a few friends Id be helping out right now.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Budge' post='1115367' date='Nov 8 2006, 04:36 PM']
I of course know that scripture, Jesus is right, it is ok to enjoy beautiful things in this life from time to time...

However the Pope doesnt need to be playing humble...with a solid gold pitcher...

How many gold items are there in the Vatican? Probably beyond us being able to count.

I live a very frugal lifestyle, no gold bars, pitchers, basins, for me...;)

and thats fine, if I had a gold pitcher, thered be a few friends Id be helping out right now.
[/quote]
The Vatican houses the great works of art of the western world. They can be enjoyed by anyone. If they go into private collection, they can't.