An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pro-life Racist

catholicinsd

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='CatholicCid' post='1131647' date='Nov 30 2006, 12:31 AM']
Then that's a different matter entirely.

In my own mind right now, and it is late, I would have to favor the safety of human life over that of human dignity.
I don't know which canidate that would be, but I would use that as a guiding factor if I must vote.
[/quote]
But human life has value because of the inherent dignity of the person.

In fact, it just seems totally inconsistent to on one hand espouse the inequity of various races, while on the other hand to say all human life is valuable. "we're all valuable, but some more so than others"? I'd question whether he was truly pro-life.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Sojourner' post='1131761' date='Nov 30 2006, 08:43 AM']I'd question whether he was truly pro-life.
[/quote]
Yeah, me too. Especially considering Planned Parenthood's genocidic history.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='RandomProddy' post='1131780' date='Nov 30 2006, 09:14 AM']
I'd not vote or stand myself.
[/quote]
I'd probably vote for you over the alternatives.... :rolleyes:

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1131614' date='Nov 30 2006, 12:54 AM']

PS The other canidate is a African American, who is pro-choice.
[/quote]

What the heck is an African-American, pray tell? No such thing. If they are an American citizen, which I must assume, since they are running for office, then they are an American. Period. Regardless of race. This hyphenated carp needs to stop - all it does is serve to divide us.

Groo
Anglo-Scot-Franco-Chicano-American...whatever

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1131788' date='Nov 30 2006, 09:30 AM']
What the heck is an African-American, pray tell? No such thing. If they are an American citizen, which I must assume, since they are running for office, then they are an American. Period. Regardless of race. This hyphenated carp needs to stop - all it does is serve to divide us.

[/quote]

A black person, then.

rollingcatholic

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1131788' date='Nov 30 2006, 09:30 AM']
What the heck is an African-American, pray tell?
[/quote]

A white guy whose parents immigrated from South Africa.

First, the person who is "pro-life" and "pro-segregation" will most likely not be sincere in one or both of their beliefs. The dignity of the human person is at the core of both issues.

Secondly, your positioning of the alternative choice is an "African-American" who is "pro-choice", which suggests that "African-Americans" are not capable of being racist (yeah right).

However, I will not speculate that "African-Americans" wish to be segregated, so I will assume that the "African-American" candidate is not in favor of segregation, but whether the "African-American" candidate is racist is a separate issue.

I somehow think that any legislation that would return us to the old South of the 60's and before would be struck down quickly by the courts, so I'd be a little more at ease in voting for the pro-life guy seeing that there is a judicial safety net on the segregation issue.

However, do you honestly think that such a man would win a primary election? I don't think that David Duke in Louisiana a decade or so ago advocated returning to pre-60's segregation laws. And Strom Thurmond changed his views on segregation to the point that he routinely picked up 20%+ of the African-American vote.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1131632' date='Nov 30 2006, 02:22 AM']
Well, depending on how extreme the racist canidate was, he would probably be the greater evil, (that if he supported race-murder and the like.) Now he he simply wanted to seperate the whites and the minorities, the pro-abort would be the greater evil.
[/quote]

Who are they why are "we" bound by "they", who are they, they are nobody.

I would not vote for the racist "pro-life" person, because one can not be pro-life and racist. One that is racist believes a certain group of people are lower live forms than another group of people, as do the Pro-death groups. Pro-death are racism are one in the same, hate.

So if the other candidate is pro-death, I would not vote for either.

[size=1]I would vote for him but ONLY because he would help us in the fight for pro-life which could save lives.
Segregation does not take lives away to begin with, but it is bad.
[/size]

Why is the race of the opposing candidate posted? What's the race of the racist pro-lifer?

One can be "pro-life" (as in against abortion) and racist. Racism, like all othere faulty human philosophies, has degrees. One could believe in segregation and not be racist, although it would make one practically racist if the segregation were based on racial criteria.

Neither candidate is worth voting "for." If the pro-life candidate wasn't a eugenicist, then one would have to put the unborn ahead of the other concerns. The killing of an unborn child is a greater evil than the violation of the rights of those alive. Those alive could revolt and depose an unjust ruler, but the unborn can't typically fight off an abortionist.

Humans are quite capable of holding opposing philosophies within them. Probably the better act would be to eliminate both candidates and start over with new ones.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Winchester' post='1131961' date='Nov 30 2006, 02:43 PM']
One can be "pro-life" (as in against abortion) and racist. Racism, like all othere faulty human philosophies, has degrees. One could believe in segregation and not be racist, although it would make one practically racist if the segregation were based on racial criteria.
[/quote]

I disagree, I base my point on the poll question "So, if there were a person running for political office and he was in favor of returning to Segregation, ([u]the US South prior to the 60's[/u]) but he was pro-life, would you vote for him?"

Prior to the 60's the lynching of Black people in the Southern and border states was an institutionalized sometimes legal method used by whites to terrorize Blacks and maintain white supremacy. Lynching was used for most anything, including enforcing segregation. Lynching was a very big part of the segregated south, if a white racist candidate ran on returning the south to segregation he would not be pro-life. In the segregated south black men and women where conisder sub-human, just as pro-death people consider the unborn.

Are people REALLY voting YES on this?!?!?!

Heck I'm pro choice and I would NEVER vote for a racist biggot just to advance that cause. Some of you people are incredible.

Edited by zeyeon