An Old School Catholic Message Board

Metalheads..

frozencell

Guest amanda

[quote name='DemonSlayer' post='1239993' date='Apr 12 2007, 12:08 PM']Illuminandi is a Catholic gothic/symphonic metal band with violin/cello, Eterna is a Catholic power metal band that has used some symphonic/neo-classical elements.

Virgin Black is a a fairly well known gothic/symphonic metal band that probably have Christian members.[/quote]

Thank you! I liked them, especially Illuminandi.

• 3 weeks later...
Jesus_lol

and ive posted it before, but check out candlemass, for some good christian doom style metal.

I'm really likin the sound. I can already tell it'll be that album I wanna listen to when I'm having trouble getting ideas for guitar licks and tracks.

I had been waiting for Walmart downloads to get it, cuz i had detonation and entrance of the conflagration, but I finally just got it off itunes and burned it to cd.

Anyone heard of Riot? 70's metal. originally from New York

I'm listening to "On Wings of Eagles" off of [i]Thunder Steel[/i]

• 2 weeks later...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfMhOPTeHVQ&mode=related&search="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfMhOPTeHVQ...ted&search=[/url]

pretty funny

• 3 months later...

hey you guys i just got Machine Heads new album, "the blackening" and i have to say its an instant classic! alongside master of puppets and number of the beast.
it also won a few album of the year awards, so check them out!

me and didymus have tried to keep this going in the past, and i dont want it to go too dormant, so if you like your music to have a harder edge than most (metal) then post away. fav bands, recommendations, comments on the genre, even if you dont like it all, as long as you have an open mind about it anything goes

Hey, I'm a metalhead (I don't frequent this board that often though). I was listening to a prog metal/rock station on iTunes at work yesterday, and when Dream Theater came up, I had the biggest grin ever! I like all sorts of stuff, prog, NWBHM, power, symphonic. I don't care much for black metal or death though.

Lets start it off, who is your favorite metal vocalist? I an a huge fan of Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson; both his stuff with Maiden and his solo stuff.

eh, i've been movin away from the bruce dickinson voice lately. i like the phil anselmo voice better.

i'd love to have a deep grizzled voice myself, kinda like that guy from Godsmack. whats his name, sully?

[quote name='Didymus' post='1380501' date='Sep 7 2007, 03:50 PM']eh, i've been movin away from the bruce dickinson voice lately. i like the phil anselmo voice better.

i'd love to have a deep grizzled voice myself, kinda like that guy from Godsmack. whats his name, sully?[/quote]

Oh yeah, Sully does have a good voice. I've also read that he's Wiccan, but even more rare for famous people, a conservative republican. Godsmack's been around for quite a while, even though its hard to shake the feeling that they're a new band; compared to a lot of the other stuff I listen to.

Can we all agree that screechy black metal Cradle of Filth style vocals smell of elderberries? (yes, I know the whole debate about Cradle of Filth not being black metal...)

yup, as well as everything else about that band. the frontman dani filth is just really pathetic, imo.
these days i have been getting really into some of the lesser known(unjustly so) early thrash bands like Exodus, Kreator, and especially Testament. if you havent heard of testament, check them out right away. alex skolnicks work as lead guitarist on their earlier albums is just genius!