DemonSlayer Posted April 16, 2009 Posted April 16, 2009 [quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1835579' date='Apr 15 2009, 09:00 AM']yur postin in the wrong thread Nihil! extreme unction is also the name of a crazy song by Necrophagist. well, i got my concert with Kreator, Exodus and Warbringer in ten days! then Testament with Unearth next month. WOOOT i have really been liking Exodus's second newest album, the Atrocity Exhibition, some seriously good modern heavy thrashing going on there![/quote] The only ones of those those bands I've listened to are Testament and Unearth, I've seen Unearth twice and I like Testament's heavier material, but I haven't listened to that much thrash.
DemonSlayer Posted April 16, 2009 Posted April 16, 2009 (edited) Music video written and I think performed by Unearth guitarist Ken Susi featuring vocals from a little girl. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4F1i_JCq_o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4F1i_JCq_o[/url] Edited April 16, 2009 by DemonSlayer
Christie_M Posted April 17, 2009 Posted April 17, 2009 [quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1836059' date='Apr 15 2009, 07:43 AM']for you to listne to? probably not. maybe testament though. their earlier albums were very much on the same lines as metallica's.[/quote] This the right one? [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09rHDabBQfA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09rHDabBQfA[/url]
eustace scrubb Posted July 28, 2010 Posted July 28, 2010 bumping this because it has stuff in it i need to dig through and i don't know if you can "favorite" a thread here...
Jesus_lol Posted July 29, 2010 Posted July 29, 2010 [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC-MkKuO7O8[/media] gotta watch who your role models are
eustace scrubb Posted July 30, 2010 Posted July 30, 2010 Twisted Sister was, is, and will always be lame.
Nihil Obstat Posted July 30, 2010 Posted July 30, 2010 [quote name='eustace scrubb' date='30 July 2010 - 09:36 AM' timestamp='1280500613' post='2149847'] Twisted Sister was, is, and will always be lame. [/quote] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwz2AKsm3FY[/media]
eustace scrubb Posted July 30, 2010 Posted July 30, 2010 You prooooooooobly shoulda marked that as NSFW... Not that I find it objectionable, but her top might be a bit much at some people's jobs. Anyhow, that was a good cover. I like it a lot and the video is funny. I used to watch WCW a lot during that era and was a huge fan of Sting and Goldberg.
Nihil Obstat Posted July 30, 2010 Posted July 30, 2010 [quote name='eustace scrubb' date='30 July 2010 - 10:01 AM' timestamp='1280502073' post='2149856'] You prooooooooobly shoulda marked that as NSFW... Not that I find it objectionable, but her top might be a bit much at some people's jobs. Anyhow, that was a good cover. I like it a lot and the video is funny. I used to watch WCW a lot during that era and was a huge fan of Sting and Goldberg. [/quote] Hm...... yea, I guess you might have a point there.
MithLuin Posted October 25, 2010 Posted October 25, 2010 Found this vid this weekend, and can't stop watching it! I love Blind Guardian as a Tolkien fan, and Hansi has a great voice, but the idea of watching a concert inside a video game is just...too, too amusing. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_EZ-u1V68g&feature=related[/media] What do you think?
Jesus_lol Posted October 25, 2010 Posted October 25, 2010 oh sweet playing a song from their new album? i love that album!!
Micah Posted October 25, 2010 Posted October 25, 2010 Glad this thread popped up. This post is for Nick because to be perfectly honest the language and subject material in this song are just completely inappropriate. 3:32 onwards is brutal.. BRUTAL I SAY \m/__(>_____O)__\m/ [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ6ABstVm-I[/media] This song is a bit emo, but still seriously legit. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC2louCeH_g&feature=related[/media]
Jesus_lol Posted October 25, 2010 Posted October 25, 2010 [quote name='Micah' timestamp='1287986028' post='2182270'] Glad this thread popped up. This post is for Nick because to be perfectly honest the language and subject material in this song are just completely inappropriate. 3:32 onwards is brutal.. BRUTAL I SAY \m/__(>_____O)__\m/ [/quote] That first one is making me go "acquire" one of their CD's, thats a good song. lets see, heavy stuff for micah... again, language warning on the lyrics for the newbs, but you should have a good idea what you are walking into after 8 pages of metal reccomendations I love listening to these guys while i am working, i have bands that are a lot heavier, darker, faster, tighter, etc but these guys are the most pump up aggressive. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69_JfjapUw[/media] And Hypocrisy for mastery in melody and crushing weight. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWCLKbqqzrU[/media]
Micah Posted October 26, 2010 Posted October 26, 2010 (edited) Awesome, Chimaira was definitely more to my tastes. may have to [s]download [/s] buy their album. Edited October 26, 2010 by Micah
eustace scrubb Posted November 19, 2010 Posted November 19, 2010 Ugh, so much bad metal in this thread... I feel old. Go here for all sorts of information on Christian metal, hardcore, punk, and rock bands... http://firestreamvault.com/main/index.php?go=front Btw whatever you do, DON'T GO ON THEIR MESSAGE BOARD!!!!!!! It's the pits...
Micah Posted November 20, 2010 Posted November 20, 2010 ^ Perused the home page. Most of the bands weren't to my taste, but some were good! And it's not very metalhead of you to diss other people's taste in metal. That's not what rock is about.. Everybody rocks in their own way. [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/cans.gif[/img] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdxdBB_63IY&feature=channel[/media] Love this song^
Hinter dem Horizont Posted November 20, 2010 Posted November 20, 2010 [quote name='frozencell' timestamp='1165880930' post='1139995'] I'm not sure how many metalheads might actually be out ther, but I like it so I thought I would throw it out there. Recently, I was doing some combination surfing on ITunes and the internet and came up with some pretty good bands that have a Christian message. At The Throne of Judgment The Devil Wears Prada Destroy the Runner Bloodlined Calligraphy They're all pretty stinkin' great bands -- so check 'em out! the first two are from mine and the wife's hometowns!!! How cool is that? Go Ohio!!!! [/quote] I'm all about: August Burns Red Oceano We Came As Romans Blood Red Throne Destroy The Runner aren't around any more unfortunately
Micah Posted November 20, 2010 Posted November 20, 2010 (edited) [quote name='Hinter dem Horizont' timestamp='1290219614' post='2188116'] I'm all about: August Burns Red Oceano We Came As Romans Blood Red Throne Destroy The Runner aren't around any more unfortunately [/quote] I approve heartily of all these bands (edit: except we came as Romans has a spotty live reputation) Edited November 20, 2010 by Micah
eustace scrubb Posted November 20, 2010 Posted November 20, 2010 [quote name='Micah' timestamp='1290222001' post='2188124'] I approve heartily of all these bands (edit: except we came as Romans has a spotty live reputation) [/quote] Oceano's lyrics are horrifying. Good live show, tho. I don't know what "not very metalhead" of me is supposed to mean, but (unfortunately) I'm a music snob when it comes to heavy stuff. And I'm old, so I have my own set ways of how I think things should be, so yeah...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now