CatholicCid Posted December 25, 2006 Posted December 25, 2006 [quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1148935' date='Dec 24 2006, 08:35 PM'] That happened to me last year and when I started to sing the hymns, everybody turned and looked at me like I was crazy. [/quote] I'd look at you too if you were whispering, talking, chewing gum, slumping, singing and leaving all at once
Mary-Kathryn Posted December 25, 2006 Posted December 25, 2006 [quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1148935' date='Dec 24 2006, 08:35 PM'] That happened to me last year and when I started to sing the hymns, everybody turned and looked at me like I was crazy. [/quote] At Mass, having to endure the frustrated opera singer in the pew behind you.
XIX Posted December 25, 2006 Posted December 25, 2006 When the most memorable thing about the homily is that it's "cute." If I want cute, I'll send somebody an IM or an e-mail and ask how their miniature Catholic children are doing.
MIKolbe Posted December 26, 2006 Posted December 26, 2006 airing of grievences? INVENTORY!! I hate counting inventory.. i mean... you buy 10,000 and sell 2000... you should have 8000 in the building..what is so hard about that... and why can;t they stack the boxes correctly?? huh? 8 on this row, 6 on that row, with 7 on the top row.. ok.. thanks.
Piamaria Posted December 26, 2006 Posted December 26, 2006 People who splash pedestrians while driving too fast in the rain.
XIX Posted December 26, 2006 Posted December 26, 2006 [quote name='MIkolbe' post='1149957' date='Dec 26 2006, 04:29 PM'] airing of grievences? INVENTORY!! I hate counting inventory.. i mean... you buy 10,000 and sell 2000... you should have 8000 in the building..what is so hard about that... and why can;t they stack the boxes correctly?? huh? 8 on this row, 6 on that row, with 7 on the top row.. ok.. thanks. [/quote] It's called internal controls. I.E. preventing fraud.
MIKolbe Posted December 26, 2006 Posted December 26, 2006 [quote name='XIX' post='1150023' date='Dec 26 2006, 04:02 PM'] It's called internal controls. I.E. preventing fraud. [/quote] yeah yeah yeah...
God the Father Posted December 27, 2006 Posted December 27, 2006 [quote name='XIX' post='1148950' date='Dec 24 2006, 09:26 PM'] When the most memorable thing about the homily is that it's "cute." If I want cute, I'll send somebody an IM or an e-mail and ask how their miniature Catholic children are doing. [/quote] Tell me about it. I hate when church makes me smile. For me, it's all about the gloom and doomsday. REPENT SINNERS FOR THE END IS NIGH MWAHAHAHAHAHA
XIX Posted December 27, 2006 Posted December 27, 2006 It's called "happy medium." Absurdly happy-happy is roughly as bad as absurdly fire-brimstone. Although in this case i was citing a direct ligurgical abuse. (bringing all of the kids out of their seats and onto the alter.) Otherwise the homily was actually not that bad. [quote name='MissScripture' post='1149088' date='Dec 25 2006, 12:38 AM'] What are miniature children? [/quote] "miniature Catholics" i should have said...miniature Catholics are about as heartmelting as anything I can think of.
MissScripture Posted December 27, 2006 Posted December 27, 2006 Well, you said miniature Catholic children, but that would mean that the children were miniature, as well as Catholic.
homeschoolmom Posted December 24, 2008 Author Posted December 24, 2008 Meant to bump this yesterday...
Lilllabettt Posted December 24, 2008 Posted December 24, 2008 If this is the Airing of Grievances, I assume the Feats of Strength will soon follow?
Hassan Posted December 24, 2008 Posted December 24, 2008 [quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1148414' date='Dec 23 2006, 10:50 PM']People who don't like pumkin pie. Grrr. Actually I've never met anyone who didn't like pumpkin pie, so nevermind.[/quote] I find Pumpkin pie disgusting It's true
Hassan Posted December 24, 2008 Posted December 24, 2008 I'm sick of all the secret Muslims around here, I don't enjoy Christmass shopping, and my briliance as a kitty doodler is STILL not accecpted by the larger art community
rachael Posted December 24, 2008 Posted December 24, 2008 people who think ham shouldn't have any fat.
Lounge Daddy Posted December 25, 2008 Posted December 25, 2008 I don't like it when guys have a pic of a gal as an avatar. And I don't like it when gals have a picture of a guy. It's confusing.
missionseeker Posted December 25, 2008 Posted December 25, 2008 PMS Christmases... :/ seriously... there are five of us. We are at everyone's throats...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now