An Old School Catholic Message Board

Febuary Retreat

AlterDominicus

AlterDominicus

By now you should all know that I do this topic; :P:

WHO Is going to the Feb retreat to the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist?

Come on.........you know you want to.....come on, yeah.....there ya go thats a good child!

Divine_Mercy504

Hi!

I am seriously discerning to the SMME and so I'm considering going to the February retreat. I really wish I had someone to go with though as I would really hate to go alone...but ya never know!

Anyone else going?!

Rachel

I have a friend who is: a student here in Ottawa working on her Master in Linguistic. she is from Poland and a Lay Dominican.

She believes she may have a call to religious life. I gave her some info on SMME, she wrote SJA and now she is going to the retreat. So since I will be at the monastery at this time, I will be praying for all you for this weekend.

AlterDominicus

Thats super cool. :lol: I know Sister Joseph Andrew will like that - also in the addition of being Polish. [Yeah I had those ties to] :cool: :cool:

HeavenlyCalling

I was thinking about it, but I live in NH, suddenly I had an image of me sitting in the airport for ten million years because the flights had been grounded due to weather, so I am going in May, and if I really enjoy it then I hope to go again in November 08 ( some SMME discerners, do they have a retreat in October for discerners only, or am I confusing them with someone else?)

Edited by HeavenlyCalling

AlterDominicus

They are originally Feb, May, and October, something happened in October that the Sisters had to change it to Nov.

HeavenlyCalling

Of, okay, that makes sence. I am technically too young to go to the retreat ( since they moved the age up), but I got grandfather claused in, and by Nov, I will be in the right grade, so I just luck out!

passionheart

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1155595' date='Jan 3 2007, 09:37 PM']
I was thinking about it, but I live in NH, suddenly I had an image of me sitting in the airport for ten million years because the flights had been grounded due to weather, so I am going in May, and if I really enjoy it then I hope to go again in November 08 ( some SMME discerners, do they have a retreat in October for discerners only, or am I confusing them with someone else?)
[/quote]

You sound like a Canadian!! :lol_pound:

I try to avoid flying in the winter as well. I have been snowed in once at O'hara airport in January. It took three days for my luggage to find me. There was a possiblilty that they wouldn't put my baggage through because we weren't on the same flight!!

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1155590' date='Jan 3 2007, 09:31 PM']
Okie, I decided I cant hold it in any longer, I [b]AM[/b] going to the Feb retreat. :sweat: :lol:
[/quote]

Say Amanda, take care of Ewelina (coming from Ottawa). She is looking forward to the reteat.