An Old School Catholic Message Board

Febuary Retreat

AlterDominicus

Does anyone know the dates for the May retreat? I think it's a little late to plan for February but, I'd love to go! :) May God bless all of you planning to attend!!

HeavenlyCalling

Its the 26-27th, I believe, I was told to fly out on the 25th because it was a long trip, and my confirmation is on the 24, it's going to be busy!

FaithfulRoseofMary

Heavenly Calling,
Hello! Do you want to go on the February SMME retreat...?
Is it a timing issue or a funding issue...?
If it's a funding issue, perhaps I could be of assistance...?
(If I missed your reason for not being able to go on the Feb retreat... so sorry... I get a little lost in some of these threads!
Let me know...
God bless and prayers for you,
FaithfulRose :)
P.S. Ah, yes the SMMEs are growing... it is beautiful! Praise God!

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1160848' date='Jan 10 2007, 06:36 PM']
I wish I was going so soon!! I was e-mailing SJAB yesterday and she said for like the tenth time :
" Your coming in Feb, right hon?" :weep: :lol_roll: and I had to tell her again that I had to wait until May. Of course, if I had known that there was going to be no snow here then I would have been the first one reserved for the Feb. retreat.

By the way, how many sisters DONT teach at school. I was looking at a picture of them having lunch and there seemed to be six or seven sisters with black veils sitting there. I know Sr. Joseph Andrew doesn't, because she does all the e-mail and stuff, but who else and what do they do all day?
[/quote]

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='TrueImage' post='1172527' date='Jan 22 2007, 01:41 AM']
I heard that LTU is having some massive sales- if you can clear your schedule you can get from New York to Dusseldorf, Germany and back for under $200. Apparently they have this sale every winter. It's still expensive and you would have to figure out how to get to Michigan and Germany, but I can't imagine it ever getting any cheaper.
[/quote]

Thank you for mentioning this, it's really kind! However, apart from the time issue, I'll never get a visa before that date... but thanks :)

HeavenlyCalling

faithfulrose,
Thank you very much for offering your help, but it was mostly a timing issue. I live in NH, and I didn't want to have to worry about the weather grounding my plane or something like that. Also, both my 16th birthday and my Confirmation are also in May, so it'll be nice to go away, if only for the weekend!

I just realized that there is no school on the Monday after the retreat, would it be possible for me to stay a day longer? Is that alllowed?

AlterDominicus

Yes you can stay a day longer, I am staying for four days, they only accomodate up until Monday afternoon, I leave Friday and then return to MN Monday

Guest hieveryone123

Hi!
My name is Mandy, and I am new to the site...yay this is my first post! :)
I am attending the February retreat, and I am sooooooooooooooooooooo excited! I can hardly wait!
I have been discerning the religious life for the past few years, and I think that the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist are so incredible! Even though I have never met them face to face, their joy seems contagious! :)
Thanks, and I hope to meet you all there (weather willing...we've been getting quite a bit of snow in Colorado!)
:)
In Christ's Love,
Mandy

[quote name='hieveryone123' post='1177339' date='Jan 26 2007, 11:54 PM']
Hi!
My name is Mandy, and I am new to the site...yay this is my first post! :)
I am attending the February retreat, and I am sooooooooooooooooooooo excited! I can hardly wait!
I have been discerning the religious life for the past few years, and I think that the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist are so incredible! Even though I have never met them face to face, their joy seems contagious! :)
Thanks, and I hope to meet you all there (weather willing...we've been getting quite a bit of snow in Colorado!)
:)
In Christ's Love,
Mandy
[/quote]

Welcome Mandy :D: You are going to have a FANTASTIC time at the retreat! Even if you are not being called to this order their retreats are so incredible...something you cant really put into words! I have been to two of the retreats and was recently accepted and will enter in August...woohoo! I would love to go but have to save up for all the things I need lol so I would love to hear all about it :topsy: Have a great time!!

Allison

Guest hieveryone123

Thank you! :)
I am sooooo excited, but a little nervous I guess too.
Only 24 more days!!!!
I hope that you are having a great day! :)
In Christ's love,
Mandy

Hi!!

I just officially joined PhatMass, but I've been lurking for a while. I figured a post of initiation would be to say that Yes, I am going on the February Retreat and I am SOO Excited, if not a tad bit nervous :)

Hope to talk to y'all more.

~Peace and Prayers