An Old School Catholic Message Board

Febuary Retreat

AlterDominicus

I'll be keeping all of you in my prayers, the SMME are a wonderful community and growing So fast, I saw them not long ago on EWTN, and I"ll be sure to keep them in my prayers too!

God Bless You!

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1158820' date='Jan 8 2007, 07:45 AM']
I'm set and ready to go! 46 days!
[/quote]

you're going again? That's great. I went on two of the retreats and enjoyed them very much. they area grat community and I love the Dominican's very much. I will keep all of you who are going in my prayers and I pray that the Holy Spirit would go before you and that the Lord will prepare your hearts

at the beginning of December I was at a Philosophy conference at Notre Dame and 4 of the novices and one professed sister from SMME were there and two from Nashville. It was great seeing them and having there presence at the conference. They send some sisters to the conference every year, that's where I met Sister Joseph Andrew for the first time in 2005

AlterDominicus

Yup I'm going again.

I met Sister Joseph Andrew at NET for the 1st time in 2005. OO....but that conference would be neato to go to. I told sister when I went to the Nov retreat, that it was our one year anniversary since we've seen one another, haha.

HeavenlyCalling

I wish I was going so soon!! I was e-mailing SJAB yesterday and she said for like the tenth time :
" Your coming in Feb, right hon?" :weep: :lol_roll: and I had to tell her again that I had to wait until May. Of course, if I had known that there was going to be no snow here then I would have been the first one reserved for the Feb. retreat.

By the way, how many sisters DONT teach at school. I was looking at a picture of them having lunch and there seemed to be six or seven sisters with black veils sitting there. I know Sr. Joseph Andrew doesn't, because she does all the e-mail and stuff, but who else and what do they do all day?

Edited by HeavenlyCalling

AlterDominicus

I havent been at the school, school during actual school days, but I know the majority of the sisters since they are in formation do not teach, there is actually alot more lay teaching at SSA then actual sisters, I think Sister Mary Joseph said about four sisters teach and SSA, not sure which one, but really the only difference is that the SMME administrate the school(s).

As for what they do all day do you mean the school docket or just the average day to day life docket of the sisters?

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1160848' date='Jan 10 2007, 06:36 PM']

By the way, how many sisters DONT teach at school. I was looking at a picture of them having lunch and there seemed to be six or seven sisters with black veils sitting there. I know Sr. Joseph Andrew doesn't, because she does all the e-mail and stuff, but who else and what do they do all day?
[/quote]

Where did you see this pic? Is it on the website? Sounds interesting....I think one of the sisters told me that four are teaching at the moment but I could be wrong. As far as I know the rest are pursuing their teachers certificate or other education and doing the usual jobs that keep things up and running at the convent :D: I know one Sr I met works with the "Pledge of Future Glory" campaign but I am not sure what all that entails?? I am soon to attempt the sewing of my postulant outfit...yikes!

HeavenlyCalling

[quote name='Piobaire' post='1160897' date='Jan 10 2007, 07:46 PM']
Where did you see this pic? Is it on the website? Sounds interesting....I think one of the sisters told me that four are teaching at the moment but I could be wrong. As far as I know the rest are pursuing their teachers certificate or other education and doing the usual jobs that keep things up and running at the convent :D: I know one Sr I met works with the "Pledge of Future Glory" campaign but I am not sure what all that entails?? I am soon to attempt the sewing of my postulant outfit...yikes!
[/quote]

It was in an article about them, and they had a link on their new website. Only four are teaching in Ann Arbor?

AlterDominicus

At ONE of the schools, and I heard it from Sister Mary Joseph one of the now mission sisters, this was quite recent as of last year when they were on EWTN Live

[quote name='AlterDominicus' post='1160977' date='Jan 10 2007, 07:43 PM']
At ONE of the schools, and I heard it from Sister Mary Joseph one of the now mission sisters, this was quite recent as of last year when they were on EWTN Live
[/quote]
Well for a while there were a some in DC studying at Catholic U... and then there were some (the same?) doing a show on EWTN... so that might account for the ministriy of a few more of the professed....

VeniteAdoremus

I'm insanely, er, not [i]jealous[/i], of course, but... :)

I was looking at the price of plane tickets to America the other day (mainly because I'm also planning a trip for my student choir and a complete symphony orchestra), and... it's over two months rent. So I [i]could[/i] go maybe once this or next year... but then I wouldn't be able to go to the WYD... :(

So you'll have to give me and the rest of VS a full report, understand? :)

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1171525' date='Jan 20 2007, 06:39 PM']
I'm insanely, er, not [i]jealous[/i], of course, but... :)

I was looking at the price of plane tickets to America the other day (mainly because I'm also planning a trip for my student choir and a complete symphony orchestra), and... it's over two months rent. So I [i]could[/i] go maybe once this or next year... but then I wouldn't be able to go to the WYD... :(

So you'll have to give me and the rest of VS a full report, understand? :)
[/quote]

I heard that LTU is having some massive sales- if you can clear your schedule you can get from New York to Dusseldorf, Germany and back for under $200. Apparently they have this sale every winter. It's still expensive and you would have to figure out how to get to Michigan and Germany, but I can't imagine it ever getting any cheaper.