An Old School Catholic Message Board

Febuary Retreat

AlterDominicus

Well the feb retreat at SMME is this weekend. SO I thought I might just post and ask people to remember in your prayers those on the retreat. There were a few from Phatmass going. I think reatreat ends sunday at 3pm

VeniteAdoremus

There must be people back from the retreat by now, mustn't there? :)

STORIES! PICTURES!

Not that I'm curious or anything...

be_thou_my_vision

The retreat was very good. I found that God is not calling me there, and that I feel called elsewhere, and she said GOOOOOD!! It surprized me, but she was very happy that I am still listening to God and that I am willing to follow. It was a very peaceful retreat. An aquantence from my church back home that I didn't know was coming was there, and found she was called there this weekend and got papers! She's only been discerning for a couple of months, and she hadn't told her mom that she was looking into religious communities. She also had to break up with her boyfriend... ahhh! Keep her in your prayers! She feels really good about it, and I'm really happy for her!

AlterDominicus

Um....hahaha, I dont know where to really start my little summary up. It was a FANTASTIC, BEAUTIFUL, EMOTIONAL retreat, better then the first one I attended in November. I found particularly in Eucharistic Adoration mostly after it that God was calling me even more strongly to the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist then He did like 4 days ago - I still have a couple complications - I was really stubborn with Sister Joseph Andrew, hahaha, I was determined and still am in a more calm way I guess to kinda get the "message through", I had an interesting conference with Sister at the Motherhouse which ended in her ordering me to go to bed, hahaha, God love Sister, and I guess in a way I knew Feb was a little to early to ask, but it didnt hurt to try! And I think Sister agrees, we've sent like 9 emails back and forth since I've been back. And one of them was really interesting that left my contemplating.

The really only BAD thing about the weekend was I lost my Social Security, my two student ID cards, my birth certificate, and my banking account. My WHOLE LIFE is 800 miles away and the sisters cant find it, and on a side note, I am going through a little bit more suffering and withdrawal.

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1205733' date='Feb 28 2007, 08:24 AM']The retreat was very good. I found that God is not calling me there, and that I feel called elsewhere, and she said GOOOOOD!! It surprized me, but she was very happy that I am still listening to God and that I am willing to follow.[/quote]

Hey -- a "NO" is a wonderful thing to hear; at least you know that God isn't calling you there and you won't have a lingering doubt of "what if".

It is wonderful too that the other lady from your parish did hear "YES".

May God keep you close to His heart so that you can be led by Him to where He wants you to be.

Question. Did another postulant leave?

Also was there anyone else who went ont he fec retreat who hasn't shared yet and would be open to sharing how the retreat was for them?

Off topic question:

Did anyone drive on i-94 on their way to see the sisters? I would like to know how bad the road construction is there and if there are major lane closures. Please feel free to PM.

Thanks! :)

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='passionheart' post='1157773' date='Jan 6 2007, 10:06 PM']Say Amanda, take care of Ewelina (coming from Ottawa). She is looking forward to the reteat.[/quote]
I met her! She's from Poland originally!! She's really cool!!!

AlterDominicus

Yeah she is, I didnt even know what she looked like until Vespers when she walked by me in the way back on the bench by the door her name tag faced me and thats when I saw her - she is really cool.

Her and I chatted for quite sometime. :)

As I previously mentioned in the thread (Additions and Changes in Religious Life) ....this has been a LONG awaited...message! I, for personal reasons did not disclose that I was attending this retreat right away. But I did....and um...hehe it literally changed my life. If you would like to read my (writing) on it and how the retreat was for me personally, please send me a private message and I would be glad to send it to you.

Please pray for me....as I'm in a time of transition and making some changes....and some emotional situations.

God Bless,

Allie

AlterDominicus

[quote name='SisterAli' post='1212140' date='Mar 11 2007, 03:01 PM']As I previously mentioned in the thread (Additions and Changes in Religious Life) ....this has been a LONG awaited...message! I, for personal reasons did not disclose that I was attending this retreat right away. But I did....and um...hehe it literally changed my life. If you would like to read my (writing) on it and how the retreat was for me personally, please send me a private message and I would be glad to send it to you.

Please pray for me....as I'm in a time of transition and making some changes....and some emotional situations.

God Bless,

Allie[/quote]
:lol_grin: :D: :photo: :whistle: :whistle: :shutup: :whistle: :whistle:

I am not even going to say ANYTHING! Except :lol_sign: :lol_sign: I think it was Amanda Stewart in Sister you know who's office in SSA who was saying something about someone getting papers and I was trying so hard not to crack up