thejUiCER Posted January 8, 2007 Posted January 8, 2007 [quote name='SRMiller' post='1159123' date='Jan 8 2007, 04:48 PM'] I agree on its neutrality, usually. Really, I can find truth in a lot of songs, and I just change the words to suit me if I like the tune and most of what's being said. I turn the song into praise for Christ and reclaim it, as it were. But yeah, love rock. It's great moving to Liverpool, as such a Beatles fan, by the way, but off topic. [/quote] ahah thats awesome, i thought i was the only one, who would change words of songs. Yess you are great!!! "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." -Gen50:20
SRMiller Posted January 8, 2007 Posted January 8, 2007 [quote name='the jUiCER' post='1159160' date='Jan 8 2007, 11:08 PM'] ahah thats awesome, i thought i was the only one, who would change words of songs. Yess you are great!!! "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." -Gen50:20 [/quote] I thought I was the only one, too! Excellent! Great verse, too.
heavenseeker Posted January 8, 2007 Posted January 8, 2007 The truth of it is that the majority of roc kisnt as bad as what you say it is
Seven77 Posted January 8, 2007 Posted January 8, 2007 to be sure, of course alot of metal IS satanic, but that doesn't mean all groups, etc are. some of those posted images and lyrics are indeed horrible.
xTrishaxLynnx Posted January 8, 2007 Posted January 8, 2007 So are you all (meaning those who have been raining blows on certain bands) opposed to using rock/metal in general to bring those who are fans of the genres closer to God? I think that salvation of souls is the main goal. Now, I don't believe the ends justify the means and that you should sin in order to achieve this goal, but I don't believe that listening to these types of music is sinful in itself. It [i][b]is[/b] [/i] music, whether it happens to give [i][b]you[/b][/i] a headache or not, and it's not impossible for it to be used for the greater Glory of God. [u][b]Ask Him In [/b][/u] by [b]Petra[/b] Words and music by Bob Hartman Now that you've heard the music Where do you go from here You see music only takes you to the place Where you're ready to hear We could sing and tell you we love you And you could say it wasn't true But how can you say that about a man Who died for you (Chorus) Jesus is holding out His love to you But He made it so that you have to choose How can you walk away empty again When you know that you've got nothing to lose You could probably think of a reason To wait until another day But the spirit is speaking, telling you Today is the day Jesus gave His life as a ransom Was crucified and laid in a grave But He rose again and made a new way For man to be saved
Kosh Posted January 9, 2007 Posted January 9, 2007 I 'gree with the above posts, Music in general is neutral. The devil can use it and so can Our Lord. THere is good music and bad music. Just showing the Rolling Stones and some other Heavy Metal/Death Metal bands proves nothing about the whole Genre.
Jesus_lol Posted January 9, 2007 Posted January 9, 2007 i think the funniest thing is that i could probably name 10 different openly satanic or anti christian bands, but you guys single out the eagles and the grateful dead. stupid, really. many of these lyrics are not at all satanic. most of the songs you have cited are entireely un satanic, some even pro christian, but you refuse o look past the song name or album cover.
Azriel Posted January 9, 2007 Posted January 9, 2007 If you look hard enough you can find evil in anything. Like any good conspiracy theorist - you can devise meanings into things that the author/singer/politician never intended. Not to say there is no evil out there. There is. But looking for it in every corner is absurd, and blinds you to the real evils in the world.
Urib2007 Posted January 9, 2007 Author Posted January 9, 2007 The reason I posted this information is to show the listeners what exactly they're truly listening to. Many listeners don't know exactly what the singers are saying in their songs. Most of them are just yelling and you can't decipher their sentences. As Christians, we need to help other Christians in seeing the dangers of some of these songs. Why keep all of one's knowlege to oneself? I'm not afraid to get bashed on the forum because I know deep in my heart that I'm correct with what I'm saying. Many Christians have this perception that Satan is just chilling in Hell and not doing anything. In the Bible, it says that God gave Satan all of the nations of the earth (for a short time), so Satan reigns. Do you think he's not going to infiltrate music? Music is one of the most popular media outlets in the world. Of course he's going to get involved with music. The Bible states he's like a roaring lion waiting to devour someone. I think we as Christians have the responsibility in the Lord Jesus' name to inform the people, especially on this forum, about the dangers of some rock music.
Fixxxer Posted January 9, 2007 Posted January 9, 2007 [quote name='Urib2007' post='1159434' date='Jan 8 2007, 09:54 PM'] The reason I posted this information is to show the listeners what exactly they're truly listening to. Many listeners don't know exactly what the singers are saying in their songs. Most of them are just yelling and you can't decipher their sentences. [/quote] No you did not. You were wrong on so many song meanings.
Jesus_lol Posted January 9, 2007 Posted January 9, 2007 (edited) that and all of your arguments are blatantly cut and pasted from other websites and you have not bothered to do any actual research at all by yourself. if you had im sure even you would realize the untruth in many of your claims. and a question for you, urib2007, fulltruth and truthseeker. why exactly are you all here? are you part of a group that wants to convert all the evil people on the internet to true christianity? if so, dont you think a hardcore catholic forum is a stupid place to start? does "preaching to the choir" ring any bells? all of you with the same flawed arguments patting each other on the back, closely grouped join date, it seems like you are all the same person. and i believe on most forums, multiple accounts are not permitted and advise the mods to look into this. no offense meant,if i am wrong on this point. at any rate, why dont you try listening to some of these songs that you are raving about? dont worry, drums and overdriven guitars wont hurt you. you know, make your own opinions based on your own experiences? not just copied from the internet (believe it or not some of the stuff written on the internet may actually be biased and wrong! ) Edited January 9, 2007 by Jesus_lol
ninjakyle Posted January 9, 2007 Posted January 9, 2007 [quote name='Seven77' post='1159171' date='Jan 8 2007, 06:26 PM'] to be sure, of course alot of metal IS satanic, but that doesn't mean all groups, etc are. [/quote] I agree a lot of websites are porn but that doesn't mean all websites are you can stereotype a genre, media, or skin color as being satanic
Fixxxer Posted January 9, 2007 Posted January 9, 2007 [quote name='Truthseeker777' post='1158987' date='Jan 8 2007, 02:32 PM'] Finally someone sees right through Satan's evil and wicked work. It's amazing that people can call themselves Christians and at the same time, they're listening to such Satanic garbage. If you defend this dark suicidal music, you are in need of DELIVERANCE. The demons that have jumped into you while listening to this junk are making you defend Satan's work. Do you guys have an idea how many normal kids have committed suicide after listening to heavy metal songs over and over again? You're setting yourselves up for a big surprise because Satan is so into your face and you don't even know it. [/quote] Its not the music's fault that people have killed themselves. They obviously were not normal then. Many of the kids were already going through problems and because of people like you who say heavy metal is all evil, the media feeds off that and can make it a good story. If you throw in a huge name like Ozzy Osbourne, of course tons of people are gonna look into it. You are right though, we need deliverance , such as you leaving since you have no idea about heavy metal .
DemonSlayer Posted January 9, 2007 Posted January 9, 2007 [quote name='Didymus' post='1159031' date='Jan 9 2007, 06:25 AM'][b]To the Sons of Man - Killswitch Engage[/b] [i]You son of man I am here as a witness you son of man can't you see what burns inside me this fire will consume as the flames purify with the peace that passes understanding this is my outcry from dust to dust we will return the flesh is temporary the soul is eternal I am here as a witness can't you see this fire purifies this fire will consume as the flames purify son of man can't you see son of man you can't save yourself[/i][/quote]Fomer vocalist Jesse Leach wrote the "Christian" lyrics for KSE, he's in a band called Seemless now, the songs occasionally have Christian themes too. [quote][b]The Crisis[/b] Walking in stillness Spirits move beyond the flesh Tortured soul in a cage of flesh Meant to be broken Running from the truth will set you free, To see the real life, Deaf to the voice of the spirit that sets you free To see the crisis, These eyes see life through death Many are called but chosen are few.[/quote][quote][b]Lay My Burden Down[/b] I work my fingers to the bone And you know I'm slipping down so low Getting down on my knees praying for release Lord, wont you help me And I feel the weight dragging down on me There's redemption coming That I seek, I close my eyes Close my eyes to see this is what it means to bleed For what you love So let me BLEED So I lay my burden down...[/quote][quote][b]In My Time Of Need[/b] In this struggle to maintain in this existence, I try to make it on my own But I fall astray, I feel so lost it brings me to my knees Give me the strength I need when I'm feeling weak. This is my time of need. Give me the peace I need when I'm feeling restless. I need you more than ever. I know there will be a time when I have fallen. Your hands will guide me out and purify my soul. When I fall... you help me to rise again.[/quote][quote][b]In This Life[/b] Watching the tide rise and fall reminds me... of our mortality. Our days are few So hold close to the time we have, in this life. Into your hands... I commend myself A sacrifice, a path of life that pacifies to reveal the beauty of this life. Watching the sunrise and set fills me with realization... I want to do what's right. I struggle, I want to say what's right, I struggle. Everything you do comes back to you. What have you done with the life that you've been given? [/quote][quote name='Red Knight' post='1158888' date='Jan 9 2007, 02:37 AM']I still listen to a lot of Megadeth, Metallica, and such. Did you know that Slayer's singer, Tom Araya, is Catholic? [/quote]He may or may be still be an active Catholic.
SRMiller Posted January 9, 2007 Posted January 9, 2007 For a funny answer to this, listen to the Houseplant Song. It's one of Audio Adrenaline's albums, I believe, about someone who is testing a theory about rock music being bad, and ends up realizing you can't stereotype the entire genre.
scardella Posted January 9, 2007 Posted January 9, 2007 [quote name='Didymus' post='1159096' date='Jan 8 2007, 04:26 PM'] No one in this thread has denied your research yet though. The focus point is heavy metal as a genre. Writing an epical post cant prove an entire genre of music as evil just because of the bands that actually were trying to be as evil as possible. I still go back to my previous statement. DONT THROW THE BABY OUT WITH THE BATHWATER!!! [/quote] I have to agree. It's a logical fallacy called "selected instances." Basically, you'd have to prove that the style itself is somehow satanic/evil, and most people reject that beats/melodies themselves can be good or evil. There was some thread some time ago that tried to prove that, but I think it just boiled down into a "no way!" "yes way!" type of fight. There is some bit of rock that is simply instrumental, so you'd have to be able to prove it without necessarily reverting to song lyrics. I'm convinced that beats/melodies represent pure emotion and that it is only the lyrics really direct those emotions to some end. There has been quite a bit of Christian utilization of rock, rap, or anything that's popular in the past 10 years or so. [quote name='Azriel' post='1159399' date='Jan 8 2007, 09:06 PM'] If you look hard enough you can find evil in anything. Like any good conspiracy theorist - you can devise meanings into things that the author/singer/politician never intended. Not to say there is no evil out there. There is. But looking for it in every corner is absurd, and blinds you to the real evils in the world. [/quote] Yeah, that's something I struggle with.
Fixxxer Posted January 10, 2007 Posted January 10, 2007 Urib, you said this is your site [url="http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/"]http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/[/url] i saw you little devils music thing on there and this got my attention [img]http://www.av1611.org/666/images/metal.jpg[/img] The "coils" of the snake form "666". [mod]Personal insult. --Era Might[/mod] america used that during the revolutionary war.
Didymus Posted January 10, 2007 Posted January 10, 2007 (edited) that barcode thing on the site is hilarious. I couldnt even read the whole thing or Id want five minutes of my life back. [quote name='Fixxxer' post='1160337' date='Jan 9 2007, 10:25 PM'] Urib, you said this is your site [url="http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/"]http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/[/url] i saw you little devils music thing on there and this got my attention [img]http://www.av1611.org/666/images/metal.jpg[/img] The "coils" of the snake form "666". how stupid are you? america used that during the revolutionary war. [/quote] I believe its from Benjamin Franklin's anology of a divided country. Edited January 10, 2007 by Didymus
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now