Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

dude that website is wack. check out what i found on there:

[url="http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Roman%20Catholicism/satanism_in_the_vatican.htm"]http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Rel...the_vatican.htm[/url]

it is super anti-catholic (and just plain werid)

[url="http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/"]http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/[/url]

Edited by the jUiCER
Posted (edited)
:ninja: Edited by Fixxxer
Posted

Wow, I'd invite you all to a Theology on Tap, but then, you'd probably think we are a bunch of drunks.

Nothing like sitting next to someone who has a beer in one had and an encyclical in the other.

The problem goes much deeper than music for alot of people. Besides, branding a whole genre isn't necessarily true or going to help your cause. If people are listening to it, wouldn't it be better to show them the good of what they like, rather than the "your going to hell for listening to that devil music"? That's the whole point of phatmass and other ministries like spirit juice.

We need to meet them where they are at. We have a rapping priest. Go figure.

God Bless.

Posted

Yeah, that website is pretty bad, it's seems pretty similar to that disgusting [url="http://www.jesus-is-lord.com"]http://www.jesus-is-lord.com[/url] website.

Posted

[quote name='jmjtina' post='1160521' date='Jan 10 2007, 02:11 AM']
If people are listening to it, wouldn't it be better to show them the good of what they like, rather than the "your going to hell for listening to that devil music"? That's the whole point of phatmass and other ministries like spirit juice.

We need to meet them where they are at. We have a rapping priest. Go figure.

God Bless.
[/quote]

You Go Girl!!!

Posted

[quote name='jmjtina' post='1160521' date='Jan 10 2007, 08:11 AM']
Wow, I'd invite you all to a Theology on Tap, but then, you'd probably think we are a bunch of drunks.

Nothing like sitting next to someone who has a beer in one had and an encyclical in the other.

The problem goes much deeper than music for alot of people. Besides, branding a whole genre isn't necessarily true or going to help your cause. If people are listening to it, wouldn't it be better to show them the good of what they like, rather than the "your going to hell for listening to that devil music"? That's the whole point of phatmass and other ministries like spirit juice.

We need to meet them where they are at. We have a rapping priest. Go figure.

God Bless.
[/quote]

Amen! You definitely get to people a lot easier by finding common ground first. I, for one, tend to tune out when told I'm going to hell for doing this or that. I grew up with that, actually.

Posted

As far as "your going to hell", ive always thought that Jesus promoted an open mind towards things, to not have prejudices and condemn people

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

[quote name='SRMiller' post='1160767' date='Jan 10 2007, 03:40 PM']
Amen! You definitely get to people a lot easier by finding common ground first. I, for one, tend to tune out when told I'm going to hell for doing this or that.
[/quote]

Absolutely... and there are ways to incorporate things you enjoy into a devout life. I see no reason why there can't be a balance there. I think the same idea that was expressed in the Clown Mass thread can be applied here... there's a time and a place for everything. I don't think we can be expected to constantly behave as we would at Mass, but I wouldn't listen to Metallica while praying. :rolleyes:

Posted

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1161537' date='Jan 11 2007, 01:50 PM']
but I wouldn't listen to Metallica while praying. :rolleyes:
[/quote]


I would :lol_roll: :lol_roll:

Posted

No...way...thats so wrong.....listening to Metallica while PRAYING?!?!?!

:P

Posted

Well of course would be praying to satan since they are the biggest heavy metal band so we know they sold their souls 23 years ago.

Posted

even wronger would be listening to Diecide. you can probably guess why from their name.


i have on occasion been lying in bed, listening to music(probably metal of some sort) and just felt like praying so i did

Posted (edited)

well, listening to a band like Diecide would be wrong, while praying.you can probably guess why from the name.

i have on occasion been lying in bed, listening to music(normally metal of some sort) and just felt like praying so i did.


so.... where did the threadstarter go?

Edited by Jesus_lol
xTrishaxLynnx
Posted (edited)

[quote name='Fixxxer' post='1162000' date='Jan 11 2007, 09:04 PM']
I would :lol_roll: :lol_roll:
[/quote]

:rolleyes:

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1162037' date='Jan 11 2007, 09:26 PM']
i have on occasion been lying in bed, listening to music(probably metal of some sort) and just felt like praying so i did
[/quote]

i may have listened to some music while praying before, but i dont say "it's time to pray... i'm going to turn on some metal first"

Edited by xTrishaxLynnx
xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

[quote name='Fixxxer' post='1162044' date='Jan 11 2007, 09:29 PM']
you mean deicide?
[/quote]

:no:

there read it again.

Posted (edited)

[quote name='Kosh' post='1162024' date='Jan 11 2007, 10:20 PM']
No...way...thats so wrong.....listening to Metallica while PRAYING?!?!?!

:P
[/quote]
"Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I die before I wake
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
and never mind that noise you heard . . ."
;)

Edited by Socrates
Posted

[quote name='Fixxxer' post='1160337' date='Jan 9 2007, 11:25 PM']
Urib, you said this is your site [url="http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/"]http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/[/url] i saw you little devils music thing on there and this got my attention

[img]http://www.av1611.org/666/images/metal.jpg[/img]
The "coils" of the snake form "666".
[mod]Personal insult. --Era Might[/mod] america used that during the revolutionary war.
:sweat:
[/quote]
From [i]Encyclopedia Metallica[/i]:

[quote]The origin of the "Black Album" snake:
The black snake from the black "Metallica" album cover is from the Gadsden flag "Culpepper Minute Men Flag" presented by Philip Gadsden, delegate to the Second Continental Congress, in 1776 showing a coiled rattlesnake with the words "DON'T TREAD ON ME". Commodore Esek Hopkins, United States Navy, flew the flag on all of his ships during that time. Later, during the Civil War, similar flags were adopted by many of the Confederate armies.


"Liberty or Death":
In 1776, when the Americans signed the Declaration of Independence and officially declared war on England, Patrick Henry's words were "give me liberty, or give me death" which can be found in the lyrics as "liberty or death".[/quote]

"Liberty or death
What we so proudly hail
Want to provoke her,
rattling of her tail . . ."

Love that song!

(And look at it, those coils don't even form any kind of 666! :rolleyes: :wacko: )

Posted

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1162037' date='Jan 11 2007, 09:26 PM']i have on occasion been lying in bed, listening to music(probably metal of some sort)[/quote]

yeah, prolly your trashy rock n roll.

ya little hooligan

Posted

yup, what can i say? i do like the trash.

i like how this thread has practiacally became the metalheads thread, now that the threadstarter ran off

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...