CrossCuT Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 [size=1]No. Is that a person or a musical? [/size]
stargirl3:16 Posted February 7, 2007 Author Posted February 7, 2007 "Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street!" I really want to see that. I think the recent revival really gave it a new edge (pardon the pun), and I hear they're making it into a movie.
franciscanheart Posted February 7, 2007 Posted February 7, 2007 [quote name='CrossCuT' post='1186776' date='Feb 6 2007, 07:53 PM'] [size=1]No. Is that a person or a musical? [/size] [/quote] Musical. [quote name='stargirl3:16' post='1187043' date='Feb 6 2007, 11:20 PM'] "Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd, the Demon Barber of Fleet Street!" I really want to see that. I think the recent revival really gave it a new edge (pardon the pun), and I hear they're making it into a movie. [/quote] I saw the tape of the show. I've never actually seen it done live. I'd be so excited if they did a movie!!
stargirl3:16 Posted February 8, 2007 Author Posted February 8, 2007 I was right. The Sweeney Todd movie is in production as we speak. [url="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408236/"]Linkage![/url]
franciscanheart Posted February 10, 2007 Posted February 10, 2007 i can't even tell you how excited i am! and johnny depp is playing sweeney todd!??! he's going to ROCK at that role! yahoo!
Catholictothecore Posted February 11, 2007 Posted February 11, 2007 MAN, HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD???? (Cat in the Hat) "Oh, the thinks you can think Oh, the thinks you can think if you're willing to try! "Think invisible ink or a gink with a stink or a stair to the sky! "If you open your mind Oh, the thinks you will find lining up to get lose! Oh, the thinks you can think when you think about SUESS! (All) Suess! Suess! Suess! Suess, Suess, Suess, Suess, Su-u-uess! Oh, the thinks you can think any thinker who thinks can come up with a few think a trip on a ship to the Vipper of Vip or to Solla Sellew! Think of beautiful shlop with a cherry on top (you don't need an excuse) Oh, the thinks you can think when you think about Seuss. Hmmm.... Think of an elephant up in a tree Think of a person to tiny to see Think of a bird with a one feather tail going on adventure down a dangerous trail Think of a bird who flies off on a spree Think of a kangaroo sour as can be Think of a general crazy for war Think of a Cat who shows up at your door! (Cat in the Hat) How deedo and hello I'll be running the show I'm your host and mc. I'll pop up here and there and you'll never know where quite who or what I might be! So, take a tip from the cat and hold on to your har 'cause this ain't Mother Goose Think right over the brink when you think about Suess! An unusual story will soon be unfurled of an elephant trying to save a small world and a boy from that world who has troubles galore (Jo-Jo) From the planet of who, and the smallest of all (Horton) To the jungle of Nool, and the largest of all! (All) You think and think and think and think and think and think and THINK! JUST THINK! Oh, the thinks you can think think and wonder and dream far and wide as you dare! When your thinks have run dry in the blink of an eye there another think there! If you open your mind, oh, the thinks you will find lining up to get loose! Oh, the thinks you can think when you think about SUESS! I love musicals.
franciscanheart Posted February 12, 2007 Posted February 12, 2007 [quote name='Catholictothecore' post='1191249' date='Feb 11 2007, 12:19 AM'] when you think about SUESS! (All) Suess! Suess! Suess! Suess, Suess, Suess, Suess, Su-u-uess! [/quote] *enter hugheyforlife, dancing* We did this musical my senior year of high school. 'Twas fun.
Catholictothecore Posted February 13, 2007 Posted February 13, 2007 It's my fav! In close second is "The Producers." I'm doing my theater midterm on it! "I wanna be a producer of a great big broadway play! I wanna be a producer, lunch at Sardi's everyday. I wanna be a producer, sport a top hat and a cay-ane. I wanna be a prodcuer, and drive those chorus girls insane!"
stargirl3:16 Posted February 17, 2007 Author Posted February 17, 2007 You know, they're releasing a movie of the musical Hairspray this summer. If you ever wanted to see John Travolta in drag, this is your chance.
franciscanheart Posted February 22, 2007 Posted February 22, 2007 [quote name='stargirl3:16' post='1197275' date='Feb 16 2007, 08:28 PM']You know, they're releasing a movie of the musical Hairspray this summer. If you ever wanted to see John Travolta in drag, this is your chance.[/quote] Wicked is coming BACK to Dallas this summer! I'm excited.
stargirl3:16 Posted February 22, 2007 Author Posted February 22, 2007 Rent's coming near me in April, and Wicked's coming in July. I must get tickets...
homeschoolmom Posted February 22, 2007 Posted February 22, 2007 Sweeny Todd... when I was in 6th grade, our local community college was performing that and I went with my friend and her family... gross... I liked Joseph and the Amazine Technicolor(tm) Dreamcoat... I saw that twice when it was in town. A Year with Frog and Toad started here before it went to Broadway and that was fun... Got to take the kids for like $5 each. That was... years ago...
homeschoolmom Posted February 22, 2007 Posted February 22, 2007 Has anyone else seen this: [url="http://www.pbs.org/wnet/broadway/"]http://www.pbs.org/wnet/broadway/[/url] on PBS? They usually run it during pledge drives. It's like an eight hour history of Broadway...
franciscanheart Posted February 22, 2007 Posted February 22, 2007 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1202313' date='Feb 22 2007, 08:47 AM']Has anyone else seen this: [url="http://www.pbs.org/wnet/broadway/"]http://www.pbs.org/wnet/broadway/[/url] on PBS? They usually run it during pledge drives. It's like an eight hour history of Broadway...[/quote] no but i want to!
stargirl3:16 Posted February 23, 2007 Author Posted February 23, 2007 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1202313' date='Feb 22 2007, 08:47 AM']Has anyone else seen this: [url="http://www.pbs.org/wnet/broadway/"]http://www.pbs.org/wnet/broadway/[/url] on PBS? They usually run it during pledge drives. It's like an eight hour history of Broadway...[/quote] I've seen portions of it, but not the whole thing. It's pretty good!
CrossCuT Posted February 24, 2007 Posted February 24, 2007 [quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1202311' date='Feb 22 2007, 08:46 AM']I liked Joseph and the Amazine Technicolor(tm) Dreamcoat... I saw that twice when it was in town.[/quote] [size=1]I love that musical! We did it at our highschool last year! I miss it! [/size]
homeschoolmom Posted February 24, 2007 Posted February 24, 2007 [quote name='CrossCuT' post='1203766' date='Feb 23 2007, 11:16 PM'][size=1]I love that musical! We did it at our highschool last year! I miss it! [/size][/quote] When my daughter was about four, she discovered my CD of the musical and she listened to it all the time. She had all the parts down cold (in four year old giberish). She was the most expressive narrator. Then that spring, one of the local HS did it, so I took her. Oh... My... Word... She was in heaven! GLUED to it. I was so afraid she was going to burst into song... (JACOB!!! JACOB AND SONS!!!!!) but she didn't. She did whisper-sing along... but there wasn't anyone near us-- we were at the matinee for seniors and children.
CrossCuT Posted February 24, 2007 Posted February 24, 2007 [size=1]Aww thats cute! The younger brother of a friend of mine knew all the songs by heart. They loved singing alone to the cd! [/size]
onathing1 Posted February 24, 2007 Posted February 24, 2007 Ah! A broadway thread! This makes me happy My favorites for broadway have to be Phantom of the Opera (I just saw it on Broadway and it was amazing) Les Mis Spamalot Jekyll and Hyde The Scarlet Pimpernel The Producers Jersey Boys I have others but none that are coming to mind right now. I just heard the music for Spring Awakening, and it's great. The story plot isn't, but the music is really good. The community theater company by me is doing High School Musical as their summer show which makes me happy : ) I'm trying out for Gabriella.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now