franciscanheart Posted February 25, 2007 Posted February 25, 2007 When I was in high school my friend Justin let me listen to some music for a new show that hadn't been released. It wasn't the most morally sound show but the music was FANTASTIC.
Bonbon Posted March 4, 2007 Posted March 4, 2007 i heard they were gonna make Lord of the Rings a Broadway musical....Has anyone heard any latest news about that?
stargirl3:16 Posted March 13, 2007 Author Posted March 13, 2007 I heard about it too. [url="http://www.lotr.com/home.php"]Click here for the main site.[/url] However, it didn't do so well in Toronto. [url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4840278.stm"]See here.[/url]
onathing1 Posted March 13, 2007 Posted March 13, 2007 Anyone else ever heard of Rock of Ages? It's a broadway show that consists of a bunch of the great 80's hairband songs. I'm so excited that it's coming to NY but I was wondering if anyone else has heard of it or maybe even seen it. I watched the preview and they kinda butchered one of my favorite Journey songs , but I'm willing to look past that if I hear some good reviews on it
MissScripture Posted March 13, 2007 Posted March 13, 2007 No one's mentioned "Little Shop of Horrors" yet? And "My Fair Lady?" Or "Annie, Get Your Gun!" Those are some of my favorites! Oooh, and "The Boyfriend" is good, too!
Bonbon Posted March 13, 2007 Posted March 13, 2007 [quote name='MissScripture' post='1212898' date='Mar 12 2007, 11:29 PM']No one's mentioned "Little Shop of Horrors" yet? And "My Fair Lady?" Or "Annie, Get Your Gun!" Those are some of my favorites! Oooh, and "The Boyfriend" is good, too![/quote] I LOVE My Fair Lady!! They are doing it at my theatre this summer. I would sooo love to audition but i'm gonna be busy with many other things
SJRod55 Posted March 13, 2007 Posted March 13, 2007 I used to cover the photo calls for the Royal Shakespear Theatre in Stratford-Upon-Avon, England for the Times and that was an experience I would never give up. To see Shakespeare on the stage, live with the greatest actors of the day - a wonderful experience indeed. Broadway is the Stratford of the Musical world and I would love one day to cats a great musical there. I saw Phantom of the Opera in Paris some time back and it rocked!
MissScripture Posted March 15, 2007 Posted March 15, 2007 [quote name='Cardinals Flower' post='1213019' date='Mar 13 2007, 10:54 AM']I LOVE My Fair Lady!! They are doing it at my theatre this summer. I would sooo love to audition but i'm gonna be busy with many other things [/quote] Sad! We did that here at school last spring. It was my first time working in a theatre with a real fly system. I can still tell when the scene changes were going to happen near the end of a song. It was the weirdest thing, though, because before we did the show, I could never remember the ending! I don't know why, but it was a surprise ending ever time!
hoosieranna Posted March 17, 2007 Posted March 17, 2007 My Fair Lady is my favorite. I also like The Producers and Aida. I was in a local production of Joseph when I was about 12. Really cool experience.
stargirl3:16 Posted March 20, 2007 Author Posted March 20, 2007 Anyone ever heard of The Mystery of Edwin Drood? It's based on the unfinished novel by Charles Dickens, and it's actually an interactive musical; the audience helps decide who did it. I just got the soundtrack, it's brilliant.
stargirl3:16 Posted April 1, 2007 Author Posted April 1, 2007 Ok, new favorite musical: tick, tick...BOOM!
franciscanheart Posted April 1, 2007 Posted April 1, 2007 [quote name='Cardinals Flower' post='1207592' date='Mar 3 2007, 11:52 PM']i heard they were gonna make Lord of the Rings a Broadway musical....Has anyone heard any latest news about that?[/quote] what a tragedy... [quote name='MissScripture' post='1212898' date='Mar 12 2007, 11:29 PM']No one's mentioned "Little Shop of Horrors" yet? And "My Fair Lady?" Or "Annie, Get Your Gun!" Those are some of my favorites! Oooh, and "The Boyfriend" is good, too![/quote] Oo and such good ones too! My Fair Lady is SUCH a classic...
hoosieranna Posted April 1, 2007 Posted April 1, 2007 [quote name='Nadezhda' post='1214847' date='Mar 17 2007, 01:09 AM']My Fair Lady is my favorite. I also like The Producers and Aida. I was in a local production of Joseph when I was about 12. Really cool experience.[/quote] [quote name='hugheyforlife' post='1225414' date='Apr 1 2007, 01:51 AM']what a tragedy... Oo and such good ones too! My Fair Lady is SUCH a classic...[/quote] I did! It's my favorite.
Lena Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 I love Broadway plays.....though I haven't seen too many on stage, here are the ones I like that I have: Chicago (AWESOME) Beauty and the Beast (such a classic) The Lion King (excellent music! much better than the movie, which I thought was boring) I also love West Side Story and The Sound of Music.
Josie07 Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 my friend sam would be thrilled to see a broadway thread... she loves musicals... (RENT is her fav)
SinginForHim Posted April 6, 2007 Posted April 6, 2007 We're doing Beauty and the Beast right now at school ... I just saw RENT the other day, and I'm in love with it. =) Phantom, Moulin Rouge, Chicago, LITTLE WOMEN...can't believe no one's mentioned that one yet. I just saw it this summer, it was amazing. Hairspray (("Snicker snicker sneer sneer" hahaha))
Andrea348 Posted April 9, 2007 Posted April 9, 2007 All time favorite: INTO THE WOODS- I'm an addict. If Bernadetter Peters ever plays the witch again on Broadway, I would pay good money to see that. I've seen it live 4 times, and watched the movie of the original Broadway cast way too many times. I'm a music teacher, and I use it in class for my Broadway musical. The middle schoolers LOVE it too. This year I saw THOUGHLY MODERN MILLIE for the first time. I really liked that. Other Favorites include: Singin' in the Rain Joseph Sound of Music South Pacific
stargirl3:16 Posted April 11, 2007 Author Posted April 11, 2007 I agree with you on Into the Woods. Fantastic! Oh, and Phantom of the Opera just celebrated 8,000 performances, proving that it is the champion of all musicals and deserves major respect.
Brigid Posted April 16, 2007 Posted April 16, 2007 (edited) [quote name='CrossCuT' post='1185292' date='Feb 5 2007, 10:47 AM'][size=1]OOOOOOOOOOOH!! How could I forget about SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS??? I freaking LOVE that musical! Right after Singin In the Rain of course! lol [/size][/quote] I LOVE seven brides for seven brothers!!!! It's prolly the most amazing thing ever. I also love the music in Aida (I have it all memorized! I found the usually $15 cd for $3 at this disney store in florida!), and I like Oklahoma, and of course Phantom of the Opera. oh my goodness. The Sound of Music. Is. The. Best. Musical. Ever. and I LOVE mary poppins! (Julie Andrews is awesome.) I was in School House Rock last year, and it was fun! I sang "Interjections" and "Three Is A Magic Number", and it was pretty sweet. I actually haven't seen very many musicals... *sniffs* It's sad. oh, and I like the music in rent, but I hated the content. I've been asked to see it a few times since the first time, and I've refused every time. I honestly can't watch it again. and I saw the producers, too, and it was sort of good, but waaaaaay too weird for me. Edited April 16, 2007 by Brigid
stargirl3:16 Posted April 25, 2007 Author Posted April 25, 2007 Anyone ever heard of Once On This Island?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now