Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Positive Spin On The Official Thread To Ask The Opposite Sex


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry but the other official thread on asking the opposite sex is full of complaints, and so I'm starting a positive thread instead. Only ask questions that elevate the dignity of the opposite sex.

Here are my 3 questions for girls:

1. Why do girls giggle? it is soooo beautiful!

2. Why do girls smirk, they kind of make a half smile and quickly turn away when you look at them? It is incredibly beautiful!

3. Why do girls make such soft voice sounds when they talk? That is veeery attractive!

God bless the female sex!

Rony

Proud2BCatholic139
Posted
:) Thank you!
Posted

ditto...thanks Rony! :)

[quote]1. Why do girls giggle? it is soooo beautiful![/quote]

Something cute or a good joke...usually because a good girlfriend or cute guy has really touched on our sense of humor.

[quote]2. Why do girls smirk, they kind of make a half smile and quickly turn away when you look at them? It is incredibly beautiful![/quote]

It's too much to handle all the emotions sometimes and you don't want the guy to see that... :ninja:

[quote]3. Why do girls make such soft voice sounds when they talk? That is veeery attractive![/quote]

Because we don't want to sound or be mistaken for manliness sounds... :rolleyes:




Why do guys like being chivalrous? I love chivalry...makes a girl feel so special.

Posted (edited)

because girls like it... duh :P:
but no really because i love making girls happy



why do girls pout? and why does it work so well getting us guys to do stuff?

Edited by Jesus_lol
Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote name='Rony Odish' post='1187235' date='Feb 7 2007, 03:42 AM']
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry but the other official thread on asking the opposite sex is full of complaints, and so I'm starting a positive thread instead. Only ask questions that elevate the dignity of the opposite sex.

Here are my 3 questions for girls:

1. Why do girls giggle? it is soooo beautiful!

2. Why do girls smirk, they kind of make a half smile and quickly turn away when you look at them? It is incredibly beautiful!

3. Why do girls make such soft voice sounds when they talk? That is veeery attractive!

God bless the female sex!

Rony
[/quote]

1. Because they're cute like that.
2. Because they're shy and don't want you to know it (and for some reason think that hiding will prove that they're not shy)
3. Because they're girls and it's in their nature.

Posted

[quote name='Jesus_lol' post='1188346' date='Feb 8 2007, 07:34 AM']
because girls like it... duh :P:
but no really because i love making girls happy
why do girls pout? and why does it work so well getting us guys to do stuff?
[/quote]

Because we know it worked with our dads...and hey, if it works with our love interests as well...why not? ^_^

Posted

aww, this is a cute thread! :)

some of the questions bring back memories :(

^_^

Catholictothecore
Posted

Why do girls like chivalrous men, but won't give them a straight answer the first time they ask them out on a "preliminary" date?

Posted

[quote name='Catholictothecore' post='1188496' date='Feb 8 2007, 10:32 AM']
Why do girls like chivalrous men, but won't give them a straight answer the first time they ask them out on a "preliminary" date?
[/quote]


Just as much as guys like being the chaser or "it" in tag, girls like being chased. However, there are some girls who string guys along and that's just plain mean.

The nice girls, though, like being chased...it's a test to see if you really do want to get to know us or just another guy saying things he doesn't mean. ;)

Posted

[quote name='traichuoi' post='1188321' date='Feb 8 2007, 11:17 AM']
Why do guys like being chivalrous? I love chivalry...makes a girl feel so special.
[/quote]

:yes:

[quote name='Catholictothecore' post='1188496' date='Feb 8 2007, 02:32 PM']
Why do girls like chivalrous men, but won't give them a straight answer the first time they ask them out on a "preliminary" date?
[/quote]

I think because they want to think it over whether the guy really means it, or is just playing...

Posted

[quote name='goldbug16' post='1188669' date='Feb 8 2007, 05:11 PM']
:yes:
I think because they want to think it over whether the guy really means it, or is just playing...
[/quote]


I agree with that. When my boyfriend first asked me if I wanted to be more than friends, I really wanted to think it over (it was a month before I finally admitted my feelings). He is quite chivalrous too, so it was worth it :blush:

Posted

[quote name='goldbug16' post='1188792' date='Feb 8 2007, 08:33 PM']
Awww. :blush:
[/quote]

I have a question don't take this the wrong way but why does it seem that s always like the other guys never really the one who is like crazy about them and will give their life for the ...and it also seems like s always just want to be friends why is that just wondering.... by the way s rock!

Posted

[quote name='Rony Odish' post='1187235' date='Feb 7 2007, 03:42 AM']
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry but the other official thread on asking the opposite sex is full of complaints, and so I'm starting a positive thread instead. Only ask questions that elevate the dignity of the opposite sex.

Here are my 3 questions for girls:

1. Why do girls giggle? it is soooo beautiful!

2. Why do girls smirk, they kind of make a half smile and quickly turn away when you look at them? It is incredibly beautiful!

3. Why do girls make such soft voice sounds when they talk? That is veeery attractive!

God bless the female sex!

Rony
[/quote]

why aren't there more guys that think like this?!

sweet guys are awesome ;)

Catholictothecore
Posted (edited)

(more pondering then actually asking) Why is it that there are "crushable" girls, and then there are girls that scare you even more because if anything ever was to happen, it might just happen.

For instance, there's two girls here at campus that I like (I hate how you can like more than one, it seems so..animalish). One, I don't really have a prayer with, and I know it. I find her interesting because she's moderatly pretty and is from another part of the planet, so...I don't know, she carries herself very...innocently.

The other girl, Kate, if I ever was to do anything with her, could actually end up being a relationship that could, POSSABLY, FORESEEABLY, NOT NECCESSARILY last the rest of our lives. She's deeply Catholic, and I've seen her more than few times from before college. It's kinda cool to be seeing her again, and faily often. Not as much as Peja, but very often.

It's funny, but when I like a girl I tend to glance at them a lot. Not stare, just glance, and at her face, not anything else. I really am mostly attracted to a girls face, and it has nothing to do with "beauty." Kate isn't a supermodel, but she is...unique. They're both unique.

So, I'm at mass tonight, and...I got to go to confession too, which is always nice. And...so I was glancing at Kate, who sitting there. And she saw me.

Usually a girl will just glance away, or maybe smile gently, and then glance away. But...it kinda scared me, cause Kate returned my gaze. And, well, she returned my gaze. I wanted to go over and ask to kiss her (as glances will entice someone to do), or at least stand next to her, but...I knew that would've been bad, cause we don't know each other that well [i]yet[/i], but this isn't the first time it's happened. We've always kinda...just generally been interested in each other.

Girls, I don't know what to think of you in this vast, precarious dance that is the start of courtly interaction. It drives me crazy, how complicated and...weird it is. Any ideas on what I could do, or NOT do, as the case may be to just let a friendship grow?

Basically, how do you be "just friends" with someone your attracted to? Girls, how would you want to be treated as "just friends" if the guy is interested in you?

Thanks.

Edited by Catholictothecore
Posted

[quote name='Catholictothecore' post='1189149' date='Feb 8 2007, 10:47 PM']
(more pondering then actually asking) Why is it that there are "crushable" girls, and then there are girls that scare you even more because if anything ever was to happen, it might just happen.

For instance, there's two girls here at campus that I like (I hate how you can like more than one, it seems so..animalish). One, I don't really have a prayer with, and I know it. I find her interesting because she's moderatly pretty and is from another part of the planet, so...I don't know, she carries herself very...innocently.

The other girl, Kate, if I ever was to do anything with her, could actually end up being a relationship that could, POSSABLY, FORESEEABLY, NOT NECCESSARILY last the rest of our lives. She's deeply Catholic, and I've seen her more than few times from before college. It's kinda cool to be seeing her again, and faily often. Not as much as Peja, but very often.

It's funny, but when I like a girl I tend to glance at them a lot. Not stare, just glance, and at her face, not anything else. I really am mostly attracted to a girls face, and it has nothing to do with "beauty." Kate isn't a supermodel, but she is...unique. They're both unique.

So, I'm at mass tonight, and...I got to go to confession too, which is always nice. And...so I was glancing at Kate, who sitting there. And she saw me.

Usually a girl will just glance away, or maybe smile gently, and then glance away. But...it kinda scared me, cause Kate returned my gaze. And, well, she returned my gaze. I wanted to go over and ask to kiss her (as glances will entice someone to do), or at least stand next to her, but...I knew that would've been bad, cause we don't know each other that well [i]yet[/i], but this isn't the first time it's happened. We've always kinda...just generally been interested in each other.

Girls, I don't know what to think of you in this vast, precarious dance that is the start of courtly interaction. It drives me crazy, how complicated and...weird it is. Any ideas on what I could do, or NOT do, as the case may be to just let a friendship grow?

Basically, how do you be "just friends" with someone your attracted to? Girls, how would you want to be treated as "just friends" if the guy is interested in you?

Thanks.
[/quote]

That is crazy. Im in the same situation kinda, sorta. Man some female please answer this one for the two of us!

God Bless the Opposite Sex is the single greatest expression that I have ever heart btw. Kudos to the guy who started this thread.

-Jonny Boy

Posted (edited)

how come when you have a crush on some one it is always incredibly noticable by everyone except the object of the crush? are they actually oblivious or just waiting for you to make the first move?

Edited by Jesus_lol
MissScripture
Posted

If they're like me, they notice, but they don't know for sure and they don't want to do anything to come out looking like an idiot, so they pretend they don't know.

xTrishaxLynnx
Posted

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1189363' date='Feb 9 2007, 02:18 AM']
If they're like me, they notice, but they don't know for sure and they don't want to do anything to come out looking like an idiot, so they pretend they don't know.
[/quote]

I was going to say something like that... They probably notice, but don't want to assume that you like them as more than a friend, so they don't say anything just in case they're reading you wrong; or they don't want to react because they a) are not interested and don't want to lead you on or b) are extremely shy and need some coaxing to get them to talk.

I would be the latter. :blush:

MissScripture
Posted

Me, too. :blush:

And btw, I do not participate in utterly pointless small talk.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...