An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Positive Spin On The Official Thread To Ask The Opposite Sex

ronyodish

[quote name='Catholictothecore' post='1189149' date='Feb 8 2007, 10:47 PM']
(more pondering then actually asking) Why is it that there are "crushable" girls, and then there are girls that scare you even more because if anything ever was to happen, it might just happen.

For instance, there's two girls here at campus that I like (I hate how you can like more than one, it seems so..animalish). One, I don't really have a prayer with, and I know it. I find her interesting because she's moderatly pretty and is from another part of the planet, so...I don't know, she carries herself very...innocently.

The other girl, Kate, if I ever was to do anything with her, could actually end up being a relationship that could, POSSABLY, FORESEEABLY, NOT NECCESSARILY last the rest of our lives. She's deeply Catholic, and I've seen her more than few times from before college. It's kinda cool to be seeing her again, and faily often. Not as much as Peja, but very often.

It's funny, but when I like a girl I tend to glance at them a lot. Not stare, just glance, and at her face, not anything else. I really am mostly attracted to a girls face, and it has nothing to do with "beauty." Kate isn't a supermodel, but she is...unique. They're both unique.

So, I'm at mass tonight, and...I got to go to confession too, which is always nice. And...so I was glancing at Kate, who sitting there. And she saw me.

Usually a girl will just glance away, or maybe smile gently, and then glance away. But...it kinda scared me, cause Kate returned my gaze. And, well, she returned my gaze. I wanted to go over and ask to kiss her (as glances will entice someone to do), or at least stand next to her, but...I knew that would've been bad, cause we don't know each other that well [i]yet[/i], but this isn't the first time it's happened. We've always kinda...just generally been interested in each other.

Girls, I don't know what to think of you in this vast, precarious dance that is the start of courtly interaction. It drives me crazy, how complicated and...weird it is. Any ideas on what I could do, or NOT do, as the case may be to just let a friendship grow?

Basically, how do you be "just friends" with someone your attracted to? Girls, how would you want to be treated as "just friends" if the guy is interested in you?

Thanks.
[/quote]

That is crazy. Im in the same situation kinda, sorta. Man some female please answer this one for the two of us!

God Bless the Opposite Sex is the single greatest expression that I have ever heart btw. Kudos to the guy who started this thread.

-Jonny Boy

how come when you have a crush on some one it is always incredibly noticable by everyone except the object of the crush? are they actually oblivious or just waiting for you to make the first move?

Edited by Jesus_lol

MissScripture

If they're like me, they notice, but they don't know for sure and they don't want to do anything to come out looking like an idiot, so they pretend they don't know.

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1189363' date='Feb 9 2007, 02:18 AM']
If they're like me, they notice, but they don't know for sure and they don't want to do anything to come out looking like an idiot, so they pretend they don't know.
[/quote]

I was going to say something like that... They probably notice, but don't want to assume that you like them as more than a friend, so they don't say anything just in case they're reading you wrong; or they don't want to react because they a) are not interested and don't want to lead you on or b) are extremely shy and need some coaxing to get them to talk.

I would be the latter. :blush:

xTrishaxLynnx

But if I didn't like someone I also would not want to lead them on... so I guess I could be both depending on the situation...

Shy hey?

Hmmmmmm...............veeeery interesting.

My friends got this girl that he kinda maybe sorta likes, and the other day, while he was working on a computer, she came up from behind and covered his eyes in a playful manner. Heh heh. So then they stopped and shot the breeze for a while.

What do you ladies make of that (from a very limited source of details).

Aite, here's a question. Not a positive or negative spin or anything, just a question.

Say I meet a girl. I find her kinda cute. :blush: I find that I REALLY enjoy talking with her for the hour that I've known her. Do I

a) Ask for her number in the most casual way possible.
b) Say i'd like to keep in touch with her because I enjoyed her company.
c) Flirt and ask for her number. (assuming I know what flirtation is)
d) Run away and hide.
e) Wait til I've seen her a few times, even though there's a good chance I'll never see her again.
f) You are such a...guy!! You have no good ideas, and here's what you should do! :P:
g) You are a gooseball.
h) Other
i) I refuse to speculate!

Please note that I trust no male opinions on this topic. Thanks! :D:

MissScripture

[quote name='J.P.' post='1189463' date='Feb 9 2007, 07:51 AM']
Shy hey?

My friends got this girl that he kinda maybe sorta likes, and the other day, while he was working on a computer, she came up from behind and covered his eyes in a playful manner. Heh heh. So then they stopped and shot the breeze for a while.

[/quote]
Honestly? I'd say it totally depends on the girl. Some girls are really flirtatious and it doesn't mean anything to them. It also depends on how well they know eachother. Like, I'd totally do that to my male friends, but that's on a friendship level because we know eachother well enough.
Then again, it could totally mean she's into him.

Okay, you know what? This whole thing is too complicated. I move we all wear signs saying exactly what we're thinking and who we like!

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1189507' date='Feb 9 2007, 10:55 AM']
Honestly? I'd say it totally depends on the girl. Some girls are really flirtatious and it doesn't mean anything to them. It also depends on how well they know eachother. Like, I'd totally do that to my male friends, but that's on a friendship level because we know eachother well enough.
Then again, it could totally mean she's into him.
Okay, you know what? This whole thing is too complicated. I move we all wear signs saying exactly what we're thinking and who we like!
[/quote]

the biggest problem of all is that humans don't come with documentation. there are no "help files" or "user manual" or "owner's manual". So we have to find things out on our own. and thats part of the "fun" of being human :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='XIX' post='1189485' date='Feb 9 2007, 06:07 AM']
Aite, here's a question. Not a positive or negative spin or anything, just a question.

Say I meet a girl. I find her kinda cute. :blush: I find that I REALLY enjoy talking with her for the hour that I've known her. Do I

d) Run away and hide.
e) Wait til I've seen her a few times, even though there's a good chance I'll never see her again.
f) You are such a...guy!! You have no good ideas, and here's what you should do! :P:
g) You are a gooseball.
h) Other

[/quote]

a, b, and or c

Also, there's a possibility of g. ;)

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='XIX' post='1189485' date='Feb 9 2007, 09:07 AM']

d) Run away and hide.
g) You are a gooseball.
h) Other

[/quote]

Well I say...
A and C seem like the best route;
B could go along with either.
D is the backup plan if you try A, B, and C and they don't work out.
E is backup if you chicken out and can't try A, B, or C.
The first part of F is true, the second is not.
G is a given.
H and I aren't real answers, so I refuse to speculate on them. :disguise:

[quote name='J.P.' post='1189463' date='Feb 9 2007, 07:51 AM']
Shy hey?

[/quote]

:lol: That sounds really cute!... and to me it sounds like she likes him. If he doesn't have her number, I think he could get it. And if he does, I think he should call her up. :)

[quote name='XIX' post='1189485' date='Feb 9 2007, 10:07 AM']

d) Run away and hide.
g) You are a gooseball.
h) Other

[/quote]

I would say B. :)