An Old School Catholic Message Board

Personal Question

let_go_let_God

LouisvilleFan

Well, I would party on Saturday... ain't no fun throwing a party on Sunday when you gotta be up for work the next morning. I'm guessing there's some unwritten rule about maintaing a spirit of penance throughout Lent since everyone is suggesting to party to Sunday, but in my personal opinion, there's nothing wrong with having a little fun :)

Of course, after midnight on Mardi Gras, you'll be legal...

Edited by LouisvilleFan

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1195770' date='Feb 15 2007, 09:42 AM']
My birthday is on March 12th, which means that it is going to fall in Lent for the next thirty years or so. Pah. This year it falls conveniently on a Monday, so I will just celebrate the day before.
[/quote]

Your birthday will always be during Lent. The latest possible date for Easter is April 25th. In 2000 it was on April 23rd and Ash Wednesday was March 8th, So Ash Wednesday can come no later than March 10th.

let_go_let_God

[quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1196901' date='Feb 16 2007, 09:57 AM']
Well, I would party on Saturday... ain't no fun throwing a party on Sunday when you gotta be up for work the next morning. I'm guessing there's some unwritten rule about maintaing a spirit of penance throughout Lent since everyone is suggesting to party to Sunday, but in my personal opinion, there's nothing wrong with having a little fun :)

Of course, after midnight on Mardi Gras, you'll be legal...
[/quote]

Ahh yes but two things,

1) Power Hour is Illegal in both Minnesota and Wisconsin

2) After Midnight on Mardi Gras is Ash Wednesday

God bless-
LGLG

let_go_let_God

Power Hour:

Going out to the local bars between the hours of 12-1 AM (in Minnesota) and 12-2 AM (in Wisconsin) to be legal to drink late at night before last call in a bar. Usually people will go to the bar, order an obscene amount of alcohol and become highly intoxicated; this results in a high amount of traffic fatalities and has been banned in both states.

God bless-
LGLG

LouisvilleFan

[quote name='let_go_let_God' post='1197255' date='Feb 16 2007, 09:00 PM']Power Hour:

Going out to the local bars between the hours of 12-1 AM (in Minnesota) and 12-2 AM (in Wisconsin) to be legal to drink late at night before last call in a bar. Usually people will go to the bar, order an obscene amount of alcohol and become highly intoxicated; this results in a high amount of traffic fatalities and has been banned in both states.
God bless-
LGLG[/quote]

Wow... I'm beginning to appreciate one thing about living in Louisville: the bars stay open til 4am :)