An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pray For Me

Thy Geekdom Come

Thy Geekdom Come

Hey pham, say some prayers for me, please. I'm leaving at about 15:00 hours for a job interview in Texas.

God bless,

Micah

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1201362' date='Feb 20 2007, 10:59 AM']w00t!

Always glad to have a potential convert Raph! (to texan that is) :cowboy: C'mon down, y'all!

Where, praytell?

:bigpray:[/quote]
Tyler.

I'm back now.

Groo the Wanderer

wow. Middle of pentacostal country, there.

Nice scenery though and LOTSA roses....must be that the Blessed Mother wants to claim the area for her son, methinks! :-)

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='Raphael' post='1202327' date='Feb 22 2007, 10:09 AM']Tyler.

I'm back now.[/quote]

Glad to see you made it back safe and sound, Raph.

How'd it go?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1202641' date='Feb 22 2007, 03:34 PM']Job already? You know you have 2-3 years of school left..right?[/quote]
I'm only going to teach for 2-3 years? :sadder:

:P: I've told them that I'm more than willing to take some general education classes once I've been hired. Some of them seemed to indicate that my lack of classroom teaching experience was bad, but you've got to teach to know how to teach, so someone has to give me a first shot. I know I have the training and the knowledge...I just need to be given the opportunity to apply it. Other than that, it went well. The Latin teacher is trying to expand the program, so that's really good for me if I have the chance to help out. The kids looked like a fun group (a handful, too...they put glue in the lock of a classroom during Mass...and apparently, a few years ago, some seniors released chickens and roosters on the campus as a prank...and they're still there...they just reproduce every year and they've sort of become school pets, so there are all these chickens and roosters running around outside).

Actually, Groo (can I have a real name?), I think Tyler is 90% Baptist.

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Raphael' post='1202673' date='Feb 22 2007, 03:33 PM']Actually, Groo (can I have a real name?), I think Tyler is 90% Baptist.[/quote]

Sure. Yer name is Micah! :lol_roll: Groo = Joseph

Baptist? wow. When I visited my Dad there, it seemed like the majority of churches I saw were AoG, Pentacostal, or non-dom. But then again, I didn't stay long.

Best blessings on the job!

Groo the Wanderer

[quote name='Raphael' post='1202673' date='Feb 22 2007, 03:33 PM']Actually, Groo (can I have a real name?), I think Tyler is 90% Baptist.[/quote]

Sure. Yer name is Micah! :lol_roll: Groo = Joseph

Baptist? wow. When I visited my Dad there, it seemed like the majority of churches I saw were AoG, Pentacostal, or non-dom. But then again, I didn't stay long.

Best blessings on the job!

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1202677' date='Feb 22 2007, 03:41 PM']Sure. Yer name is Micah! :lol_roll: Groo = Joseph[/quote]
:lol:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1202693' date='Feb 22 2007, 05:19 PM']Micah,

I mean that you still need your masters..;)[/quote]
Perhaps eventually. I'd go on and get my masters now...if you'd like to pay for the wedding, the child-rearing, the insurance, and the tuition.

I'm not sure I'm cut out for a masters, anyway. Those kids are brilliant. I'm only a mildly witty person with organized thought.