An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pray For Me

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Raphael' post='1202711' date='Feb 22 2007, 05:40 PM']Perhaps eventually. I'd go on and get my masters now...if you'd like to pay for the wedding, the child-rearing, the insurance, and the tuition.

I'm not sure I'm cut out for a masters, anyway. Those kids are brilliant. I'm only a mildly witty person with organized thought.[/quote]

Oh, I'm sure you are cut out for it. If I can do it, you can. :)

[quote name='Azriel' post='1202731' date='Feb 22 2007, 04:05 PM']Oh, I'm sure you are cut out for it. If I can do it, you can. :)[/quote]
I agree. I wouldn't rule out the possibility. And sooner is better than later ... wait too long and you'll get out of practice.

just my .02.

;)

[quote name='Raphael' post='1202711' date='Feb 22 2007, 04:40 PM']Perhaps eventually. I'd go on and get my masters now...if you'd like to pay for the wedding, the child-rearing, the insurance, and the tuition.

I'm not sure I'm cut out for a masters, anyway. Those kids are brilliant. I'm only a mildly witty person with organized thought.[/quote]

Im sure you can do it, otherwise Im in trouble. :D

I already paid for a wedding, and we are waiting for the child-bearing. But I run my own biz so that pays for just about everything. :D

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1205883' date='Feb 28 2007, 05:12 PM']Im sure you can do it, otherwise Im in trouble. :D

I already paid for a wedding, and we are waiting for the child-bearing. But I run my own biz so that pays for just about everything. :D[/quote]
Will you pay for my wedding? :P:

[quote name='Raphael' post='1202711' date='Feb 22 2007, 03:40 PM']I'm not sure I'm cut out for a masters, anyway. Those kids are brilliant. I'm only a mildly witty person with organized thought.[/quote]

Honey, if I can be in a Masters program (M.Div) ANYONE can. Have you [i]seen[/i] how dimwitted I am sometimes???

Birgitta Noel

[quote name='prose' post='1206313' date='Mar 1 2007, 01:35 PM']Honey, if I can be in a Masters program (M.Div) ANYONE can. Have you [i]seen[/i] how dimwitted I am sometimes???[/quote]

Yeah, and if [i]I[/i] can be in a PhD prog you can do an MA (and a PhD for that matter!)

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' post='1209957' date='Mar 7 2007, 05:51 PM']poo :sadder:

I was looking forward to dragging you to a rodeo or sumthin...[/quote]
If you know of any Catholic schools in Arlington, Dallas, Fort Worth, etc., and you know they're hiring theology staff, let me know.

theculturewarrior

I am sorry to hear that you didn't get the job, but I am praying that God give you the job he wants you to have. PS... brains have nothing to do with graduate school. Just like undergrad or even high school, it is just a question of jumping through hoops. If you discover you would like to continue your education, you may have the wonderful opportunity to meet some "interesting" people. I am one. :P:

Why tx?

its God telling you to go for your masters. We could be the new generation of studs coming out of FUS...Join me Micah

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1210035' date='Mar 7 2007, 08:49 PM']Why tx?

its God telling you to go for your masters. We could be the new generation of studs coming out of FUS...Join me Micah[/quote]
:lol: I don't have money for a masters. It's also a better idea to go into a Master's program in catechetics with some experience under your belt so you know what you're really looking to learn.

That and I've been itching for far too long to get out there and do the work...more schooling just isn't right at the moment.

Oh...and Texas because Texas is close to Jen's father's house and we want to be nearby because he's disabled.

That and Texas is just cool.