An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pray For Me

Thy Geekdom Come

Im sure you could get AID for the masters program. Take out a few loans. FAFSA is awesome.

Interesting that they recommend getting experience before you get your masters, but you need your masters before experience.

GET YOUR MASTERS!!!! do I need to start a protest?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1210068' date='Mar 7 2007, 09:21 PM']Im sure you could get AID for the masters program. Take out a few loans. FAFSA is awesome.

Interesting that they recommend getting experience before you get your masters, but you need your masters before experience.

GET YOUR MASTERS!!!! do I need to start a protest?[/quote]
I'm $20,000 in debt already. I'm not taking out more loans.

I can get experience without my master's. Then maybe I'll go back for my master's with a wealth of knowledge.

theculturewarrior

I hate to disagree with everybody else but graduate school is very low on Mavlov's Hierarchy of Needs. Let Raphael be!

theculturewarrior

[quote name='Raphael' post='1210040' date='Mar 7 2007, 07:53 PM']That and Texas is just cool.[/quote]

That depends on who you ask.

[quote name='theculturewarrior' post='1210079' date='Mar 7 2007, 08:29 PM']I hate to disagree with everybody else but graduate school is very low on Mavlov's Hierarchy of Needs. Let Raphael be![/quote]

Mavlov wasnt a gifted theologian

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1210093' date='Mar 7 2007, 09:43 PM']Mavlov wasnt a gifted theologian[/quote]
Neither is Raphael.

Christoph Cardinal Schonborn, on the other hand...

theculturewarrior

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1210093' date='Mar 7 2007, 08:43 PM']Mavlov wasnt a gifted theologian[/quote]

It doesn't take a gifted theologian. Raphael is going to have a wife to support soon.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1210168' date='Mar 7 2007, 11:12 PM']Im married..

;)

What does a wife have to do with anything? They are great during theology hmwk[/quote]
Fiancee's are great during theology homework, too. She helps me study for Principles of Biblical Studies.

Anyway, the wife of a catechist is rarely supported by her husband...Jen will probably have to have a job.

theculturewarrior

If you're wife or fiancee support you in getting more education, that's great. From my experience, when I was in grad school, I didn't have time for much else, but then again, I was working full time and going to the doctor part-time. (I don't think I ever posted what a mess my health was back then).

I run a business also..free time is the devil

the majority of nights we spend on our mutual laptops, taking study breaks. It is sad, but temporary. I make enough in my biz to support us only working 5-10hrs a piece, and she is going for her RN (then a masters in Cardiac Rehab) so she understands

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='theculturewarrior' post='1210205' date='Mar 7 2007, 11:56 PM']If you're wife or fiancee support you in getting more education, that's great. From my experience, when I was in grad school, I didn't have time for much else, but then again, I was working full time and going to the doctor part-time. (I don't think I ever posted what a mess my health was back then).[/quote]
Well, Jen's getting her master's right away. :) So yeah, one at a time.

theculturewarrior

[quote name='Raphael' post='1210211' date='Mar 7 2007, 11:11 PM']Well, Jen's getting her master's right away. :) So yeah, one at a time.[/quote]

What degree program is she interested in?

Consider library science, if you want a job you will love.

Edited by theculturewarrior