An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pray For Me

Thy Geekdom Come

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='theculturewarrior' post='1210483' date='Mar 8 2007, 05:35 PM']What degree program is she interested in?

Consider library science, if you want a job you will love.[/quote]
:lol: She wants to get her master's in theology and then her doctorate in Marian Theology.

EcceNovaFacioOmni

[quote name='Raphael' post='1210501' date='Mar 8 2007, 04:53 PM']...then her doctorate in Marian Theology.[/quote]
Where at, if I may ask?

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='thedude' post='1210505' date='Mar 8 2007, 06:05 PM']Where at, if I may ask?[/quote]
Not sure yet. I think they have one at CUA and I think they have one somewhere in Rome.

theculturewarrior

[quote name='Raphael' post='1210501' date='Mar 8 2007, 04:53 PM']:lol: She wants to get her master's in theology and then her doctorate in Marian Theology.[/quote]

What's so funny about library science? :unsure:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='theculturewarrior' post='1210518' date='Mar 8 2007, 06:15 PM']What's so funny about library science? :unsure:[/quote]
Nothing, it's just that I don't think Jen has any interest in it.

theculturewarrior

[quote name='Raphael' post='1210525' date='Mar 8 2007, 05:23 PM']Nothing, it's just that I don't think Jen has any interest in it.[/quote]

It was a general comment to everyone. Then again, maybe it's not for everyone. I have a persistent need to answer questions. Always have. </hijack>

TEXAS?! That is God's country! Welcome to the greatest country in the world :)

BTW: Tyler is an excellent, fabulous diocese.

Edited by Totus Tuus

Have we talked him into it yet?

;)

Wish I could do anything in a church/school with my degree. Its hard to get hired by anything catholic with a protestant undergrad

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1211400' date='Mar 10 2007, 02:28 PM']Have we talked him into it yet?

;)

Wish I could do anything in a church/school with my degree. Its hard to get hired by anything catholic with a protestant undergrad[/quote]

Unfortunately, in my diocese you might get hired my easily by Catholics if you have a protestant background...... :detective:

hehe

see thats the problem, Im sure I "know" more than the average catholic. I can teach, Im good at theology. But it is almost like the protestant background left a stink on me

FUS here I come

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='kateri05' post='1211080' date='Mar 9 2007, 10:17 PM']where is shegonna get her master's from?[/quote]

FUS

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1211089' date='Mar 9 2007, 10:29 PM']TEXAS?! That is God's country! Welcome to the greatest country in the world :)
BTW: Tyler is an excellent, fabulous diocese.[/quote]

Ahem...I didn't get it.

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1211400' date='Mar 10 2007, 03:28 PM']Have we talked him into it yet?

;)[/quote]

Nope.

[quote name='Raphael' post='1212057' date='Mar 11 2007, 11:55 AM']Ahem...I didn't get it.[/quote]

Sry; that's my punishment for not reading through the whole thread :blush:

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1211413' date='Mar 10 2007, 03:48 PM']Unfortunately, in my diocese you might get hired my easily by Catholics if you have a protestant background...... :detective:[/quote]

Im writing every church within an hour of my house. I just dont like the idea of not being involved with ministry, when other students in my class are going on to lead churches. I have already turned down a position as an associate pastor (weird enough they didnt mind that I was catholic, or that I would be going to mass) it just smokes me that I might not be leading somewhere.

anyone with minnesota connections..:D