An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gay Bishop Says No To Ultimatum

cmotherofpirl

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Budge' post='1264340' date='May 4 2007, 03:33 PM']The Anglican church in England {europe} is just as liberal as here.

Its the Africans and others who want to do the split off..

[url="http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/25/world/africa/25episcopal.html?ex=1324702800&en=2d3ee7997f4872d7&ei=5088"]LINK[/url]

Rowan Williams even participated in a Druid ceremony, he is not the picture of what you all would consider ORThODOXY...

[url="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/08/06/ndruid06.xml&sSheet=/news/2002/08/06/ixhome.html"]ARCHBISHOP BECOMES A DRUID[/url][/quote]These are not germane to the question of the Archbishop's relationship to the issue of homosexuality in the American Episcopal Church.

As a side note, I find it interesting that Archbishop Williams acknowledges the connection between acceptance of contraception and the acceptance of homosexuality:[quote]In a church that accepts the legitimacy of contraception, the absolute condemnation of same-sex relations of intimacy must rely either on an abstract fundamentalist deployment of a number of very ambiguous biblical texts, or on a problematic and nonscriptural theory about natural complementarity, applied narrowly and crudely to physical differentiation without regard to psychological structures.[/quote]

ah you need to reread that, hes not saying what you THINK he is saying..
[quote]the absolute condemnation of same-sex relations of intimacy must rely either on an abstract fundamentalist deployment of a number of very ambiguous biblical texts,[/quote]

This guy doesnt support fundamentalists.

Basically hes saying those crazy fundies, are interpreting the bible wrong to diss the gays with some doubt to be thrown on Gods word too...ambigous biblical texts.

So Gods Word is ambiguous?

LIBERAL TO THE CORE!

Guest T-Bone

[quote name='Budge' post='1264380' date='May 4 2007, 01:05 PM']ah you need to reread that, hes not saying what you THINK he is saying..[/quote]

More infallible interpretation by Budge...

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Budge' post='1264380' date='May 4 2007, 04:05 PM']ah you need to reread that, hes not saying what you THINK he is saying..
This guy doesnt support fundamentalists.

Basically hes saying those crazy fundies, are interpreting the bible wrong to diss the gays with some doubt to be thrown on Gods word too...ambigous biblical texts.

So Gods Word is ambiguous?

LIBERAL TO THE CORE![/quote]If someone does not support fundamentalism, it does not follow that this person is "liberal to the core."

As far as the Holy Scripture being ambiguous, let's ask Phillip and the Ethiopian eunuch: [url="http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/acts/acts8.htm#v30"]http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/acts/acts8.htm#v30[/url].

Captain_Fantastic

I hope you all realize that you are coming across as extremely judgmental to this agnostic. What business of yours if other denominations allow gay marriage or not? Answer: none.

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Captain_Fantastic' post='1264442' date='May 4 2007, 04:58 PM']I hope you all realize that you are coming across as extremely judgmental to this agnostic. What business of yours if other denominations allow gay marriage or not? Answer: none.[/quote]One could just as easily say, what business does an agnostic have in judging how Christians relate to one another? Answer: none.

It is not judgmental to argue that Christianity and homosexual behavior are incompatible. It is fact.

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1258200' date='Apr 27 2007, 04:30 PM']Yeah I never understood the Episcopalian anti-tradition agenda. I mean, I thought that they were for tradition [to an extent], then to ordain women and homosexuals, clearly violates the scriptures and tradition.

Copts have taken a clear stand against homosexuality, so no need to worry.

Reza[/quote]

It's because of philosphical naturalism. Once a Church bites that it's hard to shake!!! It's like the crack cocain of theology. The Liberals are the ones who mostly run the ECUSA and they are pretty much guided by Post modernism and philosophical naturalism.

This is why you are seeing what you are seeing in the ECUSA as well as with alot of the other liberal mainstream protestant groups.

[quote name='kenrockthefirst' post='1264365' date='May 4 2007, 01:57 PM']As I noted, this is a misrepresentation of the situation. There's no question of the Catholic Church "joining the prostitutes coalition for peace and pimp awareness." Does that mean that its leaders shouldn't talk to anyone? What's wonderful to see, in fact, is the Catholic Church standing firm on this issue in spite of the expectations of secular culture, as opposed to "growing" or "evolving" as with the Episcopalian Church in the US, or the Anglican Church in the UK.[/quote]

Well said my friend, well said.

I second and third and fourth that notion.

And any picture of Jesus would be a good picture in my photo album.

[quote name='Captain_Fantastic' post='1264442' date='May 4 2007, 02:58 PM']I hope you all realize that you are coming across as extremely judgmental to this agnostic. What business of yours if other denominations allow gay marriage or not? Answer: none.[/quote]

It our mutual duty to correct each other of error. We should do so with charity, but we cannot escape such a duty which love commands.

[quote]I hope you all realize that you are coming across as extremely judgmental to this agnostic. What business of yours if other denominations allow gay marriage or not? Answer: none.[/quote]

Its called being unequally yoked.

For instance Im not going to go to a Bible study at the MCC [church that openly embraces homosexuality and promotes it]

I may talk to some homosexuals, be at a dinner with some...but Im not going to become yoked to them in their errors.

The pope has yoked with a church here {Church of England} with some serious errors.

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='Budge' post='1264642' date='May 4 2007, 09:59 PM']Its called being unequally yoked.

For instance Im not going to go to a Bible study at the MCC [church that openly embraces homosexuality and promotes it]

I may talk to some homosexuals, be at a dinner with some...but Im not going to become yoked to them in their errors.

The pope has yoked with a church here {Church of England} with some serious errors.[/quote]If your definition of "being yoked" with Anglicanism is a photo-op with the Archbishop of Canterbury, then you are just as yoked with those you go out to dinner with.

As everyone knows, there is no organization unity between the Catholic Church and the Anglican Church. They are distinct entities.

Ironically, you would probably be one to criticize the Catholic Church for its many historical excommunications or anathemas (which are the quintessential "unyoking" acts) against those in schism and heresy, so we Catholics are bound to lose either way.

Once again, you only see what you want to see.

[quote name='Budge' post='1264642' date='May 4 2007, 07:59 PM']Its called being unequally yoked.

The pope has yoked with a church here {Church of England} with some serious errors.[/quote]

We are all sinners! There is no such thing as a perfect Church. Homosexuals should be allowed to go to church too!!!

INLOVE Jnorm

Is your fellowship perfect? Is your fellowship free of all sinners?

Edited by jnorm888

[quote name='jnorm888' post='1266259' date='May 6 2007, 06:06 PM']We are all sinners! There is no such thing as a perfect Church. Homosexuals should be allowed to go to church too!!![/quote]
But they should be denied Communion until they repent of their sin, and not be allowed to promote their sin within the Church.