An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gay Bishop Says No To Ultimatum

cmotherofpirl

johnnydigit

[quote name='Budge' post='1264642' date='May 4 2007, 06:59 PM']I may talk to some homosexuals, be at a dinner with some...but Im not going to become yoked to them in their errors.[/quote]

kinda like Jesus, huh..

[quote name='Budge' post='1264642' date='May 4 2007, 06:59 PM']The pope has yoked with a church here {Church of England} with some serious errors.[/quote]

i like the "with some serious errors" part. it adds emphasis and stirs up further thoughts and emotions without directly admitting any.

johnnydigit

[quote name='Socrates' post='1266310' date='May 6 2007, 06:37 PM']But they should be denied Communion until they repent of their sin, and not be allowed to promote their sin within the Church.[/quote]

just a reminder, it's the act and not the person we condemn.

i can just imagine, "but the bishop is openly gay, why can't i be openly gay too?", or "well if he's openly gay and the church is ok with it, i bet he lives a gay lifestyle, too. does that mean God says it's ok?"
they must have a ball with these types questions..

[quote name='johnnydigit' post='1266414' date='May 6 2007, 09:06 PM']just a reminder, it's the act and not the person we condemn.

i can just imagine, "but the bishop is openly gay, why can't i be openly gay too?", or "well if he's openly gay and the church is ok with it, i bet he lives a gay lifestyle, too. does that mean God says it's ok?"
they must have a ball with these types questions..[/quote]
Anyone who openly flaunts and promotes an immoral "lifestyle" should be denied Communion (be he "gay" or "straight").

Ora et Labora

[quote name='jnorm888' post='1266259' date='May 6 2007, 07:06 PM']We are all sinners! There is no such thing as a perfect Church. Homosexuals should be allowed to go to church too!!!
INLOVE Jnorm

Is your fellowship perfect? Is your fellowship free of all sinners?[/quote]

uhhh, maybe protestant communities can...but it is against the catholic religion to be homosexual and receive communion.

your line of what is "yoked" and what is not is extremely ambiguous, Budge. so attending a bible study with homosexualists is yoking yourself to them? how are you ever to discuss what the bible actually means, then? is reading the bible with them "yoking yourself" with them? come on now... am I "yoked" to the masonic US government because I vote? where do you dry this imaginary "yoke" line? did Rocky "yoke" himself too much with that blender?

that's just the word you throw out when you want to say "I don't like the way your church reaches out to sinners"

someone could easily have said: "look, Jesus has yoked Himself with prostitutes!"

no, we'd be yoking ourselves with them if we agreed with their teachings. we make it clear that we do not, and as such we are not yoked with them.

haha, after that post, you sure have egg yoke on your face.

:ninja:
ninja vanish
:ninja:

johnnydigit

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1266535' date='May 6 2007, 09:45 PM']uhhh, maybe protestant communities can...but it is against the catholic religion to be homosexual and receive communion.[/quote]

[size=3][b]woah woah woah there![/b][/size]

[img]http://bluebuddies.com/gallery/Color_Smurfs_Pictures/jpg/Smurfs_Color_Pictures_Stop_Sign_Smurf.jpg[/img]

i just said it's the act the church condemns, not the person. in other words, to be homosexual is not a sin and is not condemned. it is the homosexual sex act that is condemned, it is the homosexual marriage act that is condemned, it is the homosexual act of living together that is condemned(discouraged?), etc. so please indicate that it's the typical homosexual lifestyle the Church condemns, and not the person or their homosexuality.

so a homosexual is called to carry his/her cross just like any other person. they can avoid the above mainly by living a single, chaste life, and a perfectly happy life at that, with God at the center and the ability to receive communion..

[quote]We are all sinners! There is no such thing as a perfect Church. Homosexuals should be allowed to go to church too!!!

INLOVE Jnorm

Is your fellowship perfect? Is your fellowship free of all sinners?[/quote]

If someone is actively homosexual I doubt they would have even wanted to come to my last church because homosexuality was directly preached against.

These liberal churches do not call homosexuals to repentance, but preach the worlds message... "You were born that way"

That is a lie from hell.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Budge' post='1264642' date='May 4 2007, 07:59 PM']Its called being unequally yoked.

For instance Im not going to go to a Bible study at the MCC [church that openly embraces homosexuality and promotes it]

I may talk to some homosexuals, be at a dinner with some...but Im not going to become yoked to them in their errors.

The pope has yoked with a church here {Church of England} with some serious errors.[/quote]

Budge, I have tried to be charitable but this is too much. This is the third time in this thread that you have implied some kind of connection or link between the Anglican / Episcopalian Church and the Catholic Church with the intent of implicating the latter in the errors of the former, which is simply not true. Catholic teaching on this matter is clear, as I'm sure you well know. I suggest that you examine your conscience.

They are yoked..

[url="http://www.ewtn.com/library/Theology/Arcicgf3.htm"]http://www.ewtn.com/library/Theology/Arcicgf3.htm[/url]

[quote]Catholic teaching on this matter is clear, as I'm sure you well know. I suggest that you examine your conscience.[/quote]

Oh and by now you should have realized I just dont examine the paperwork but what is DONE.

Edited by Budge

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Budge' post='1266705' date='May 7 2007, 08:32 AM']They are yoked..

[url="http://www.ewtn.com/library/Theology/Arcicgf3.htm"]http://www.ewtn.com/library/Theology/Arcicgf3.htm[/url]
Oh and by now you should have realized I just dont examine the paperwork but what is DONE.[/quote]

Here's what the Catechism says, period:

"Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity, tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered." They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved." (CC 2357)

"The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition." (CC 2358)

"Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection." (CC 2359)

Budge, with respect, tell the truth.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Budge' post='1266705' date='May 7 2007, 08:32 AM']They are yoked..

Oh and by now you should have realized I just dont examine the paperwork but what is DONE.[/quote]

BTW, the document you cite speaks of an aspirational "earnest search for full visible unity between the Anglican Communion and the Roman Catholic Church," in which "the need for a universal primacy exercised by the Bishop of Rome as a sign and safeguard of unity within a re-united Church" is a key element. Hello, McFly, this isn't being "yoked," this is a schismatic church recognizing its error and coming home to Rome.

Hey its your church working on full unity with the church of openly homosexual clergy.

kenrockthefirst

[quote name='Budge' post='1266727' date='May 7 2007, 09:13 AM']Hey its your church working on full unity with the church of openly homosexual clergy.[/quote]

Budge, that is a MISREPRESENTATION of the source YOU cited, as well as the teachings of the Catholic Church. You know what they call people who deliberately and continually misrepresent things, don't you?