An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hannity And Fr. Etenauer

rkwright

[quote name='morostheos' post='1216034' date='Mar 19 2007, 06:09 PM']Fr. E may have gotten a huge round of applause from gobs of orthodox Catholics across america for his actions, but how many do you think he converted by making such a statement in public? I think the point of Fr. Morris' letter was that Christ never made a public spectacle of those who were "bad" no matter how many people he may have converted using such a method.[/quote]
I suggest you pick up your Bible and start reading the Gospels. Read what Christ had to say (in public) to the Scribes and Pharisees.
Where the Church's moral teachings are publicly attacked, they should be publicly defended.

It seems no one can speak out against any kind of immorality anymore without being chastised by the "good Catholics" on here for being "un-Christlike."

wow. I just now watched the youtube vid.

I think I'm just gonna give up on politics. They are ALL the same. Issues aside, Hannity turned into a lib there with the way he was irrationally questioning Father. Rediculous. I dont care anymore about any of these 'conservatives.' They're just as irrational as the libs. I bet you Limbaugh and Mark Levin would cower the exact same way if they were fronted with the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

On another note, however, I dont think I personally would have handled the interview the same way Father Etenauer did, but he's still me hero for showing what a priest is. I prolly would have tried to quickly explain how in the culture of death, contraception leads to abortion, and that is why the Church is so strong - not just because it is wrong in and of itself, but because of the social-repercussions of contraception. For all I know though, Father could have been trying to get all this in, if Hannity weren't to busy hogging the mic with his pride.