An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which Is Your Favorite Gospel?

Resurrexi

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Gospel of St. John - for so many reasons.

Most of all because of the opening 14 verses.

[quote]1: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2: He was in the beginning with God;
3: all things were made through him, and without him was not anything made that was made.
4: In him was life, and the life was the light of men.
5: The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
6: There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
7: He came for testimony, to bear witness to the light, that all might believe through him.
8: He was not the light, but came to bear witness to the light.
9: The true light that enlightens every man was coming into the world.
10: He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world knew him not.
11: He came to his own home, and his own people received him not.
12: But to all who received him, who believed in his name, he gave power to become children of God;
13: who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.
14: And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; we have beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father.[/quote]

John has the beautiful language, and the best understanding of the eucharist, as well as the prayer for unity.

Too hard to decide but I try to live by this from our Saviour...

[quote]On the last day, Jesus will say to those on His right hand, "Come, enter the Kingdom. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was sick and you visited me." Then Jesus will turn to those on His left hand and say, "Depart from me because I was hungry and you did not feed me, I was thirsty and you did not give me to drink, I was sick and you did not visit me." These will ask Him, "When did we see You hungry, or thirsty or sick and did not come to Your help?" And Jesus will answer them, "Whatever you neglected to do unto one of these least of these, you neglected to do unto Me!"[/quote]

[url="http://alex-roadtofreedom.blogspot.com/"]http://alex-roadtofreedom.blogspot.com/[/url]

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I really like St. Luke because of the story of the Nativity and with a lot on Mary, St. John is really cool just in itself, St. Matthew has got some great Old Testament linkage and St. Mark is short and sweet. :think: I cannot choose a favorite!

Proud2BCatholic139

For some reason, I have a growing love for the gospel of St. John. I don't know why, I just do. :)

I think when I was growing up, I always loved the story of the wedding feast of Cana.

It just stirs up my heart...:)

[quote name='Knight of the Holy Rosary' post='1211545' date='Mar 10 2007, 06:07 PM']St. John. Why? Chapter 1... it is so beatiful![/quote]
yes ... that's what I love most about it too