An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which Is Your Favorite Gospel?

Resurrexi

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1211544' date='Mar 10 2007, 07:05 PM']St. Matthew[/quote]

I'm probably gonna be the only one, eh? :rolleyes: :lol:

[quote name='Maggie' post='1211191' date='Mar 10 2007, 01:36 AM']The Gospel of St. John - for so many reasons.

Most of all because of the opening 14 verses.[/quote]

St. John is my fave Gospel....

[quote name='Maggie' post='1212080' date='Mar 11 2007, 10:58 AM']Nobody likes poor St. Mark best :([/quote]

I bet the people from Venice do

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1212242' date='Mar 11 2007, 07:07 PM']I bet the people from Venice do[/quote]

Why the people of Venice particularly?

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1212246' date='Mar 11 2007, 07:17 PM']classic protestant...I enjoy ROmans and Hebrews much more.[/quote]

It's funny because I have the opposite issue. It's not that I don't like St. Paul, I just always seem to tune him out at Mass... "I've already heard this before, wow, this lector has a high voice, what are we doing for dinner?" I find him kind of boring, and I know I shouldn't :(

I dunno your background so I cant say

Gospels are stories, where as Romans is more of a "doing theology" maybe thats why I like it better?

[quote name='Maggie' post='1212243' date='Mar 11 2007, 05:08 PM']Why the people of Venice particularly?[/quote]
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/San_Marco_(evening_view).jpg[/img]
St. Mark's Basilica is in Venice.

I actually have a rosary from there ... my sister (who is not Catholic) picked it up for me when she was touring Europe. It's quite lovely.

[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1212290' date='Mar 11 2007, 09:05 PM']I dunno your background so I cant say

Gospels are stories, where as Romans is more of a "doing theology" maybe thats why I like it better?[/quote]

You put your finger on it for me! The stories hold my attention, the "doing theology" always goes over my head...

Oh, im very different. I could cuddle up with some Merlot and Balthasar and call it a good night.

Dr. Boyd once told me I was a theologian far before I was a christian. The depth and implication of a proper systematic theology just makes me giddy. I am truly a geek in this regard.