An Old School Catholic Message Board

Which Is Your Favorite Gospel?

Resurrexi

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1212294' date='Mar 11 2007, 09:21 PM'][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/San_Marco_(evening_view).jpg[/img]
St. Mark's Basilica is in Venice.

I actually have a rosary from there ... my sister (who is not Catholic) picked it up for me when she was touring Europe. It's quite lovely.[/quote]

:drool: What a gorgeous church! Why can't we build them like that anymore! Grumble, grumble, cost prohibitive, whine, whine, whine.

[quote]I bet they sing protestant worship songs with drums in there also[/quote]
:sadder:

Edited by Maggie

Knight of the Holy Rosary

I used to have a problem reading St. Paul. But, then I discovered he was the most Catholic of all writers in all Church history. :D:

Seriously though, I found him difficult to 'absorb' until I began to read his epistles asking myself, 'How can I apply this to my faith". He is now my patron Saint. Before I read from 'the Apostle' I always ask simply, "St. Paul my Patron: Instruct me."

Knight of the Holy Rosary

[quote]I bet they sing protestant worship songs with drums in there also.[/quote]

Ugh.....

[quote name='MissScripture' post='1213382' date='Mar 14 2007, 12:51 AM']St. Mark, easily. It contains my favorite bible verse![/quote]

Which verse?

Edited by StThomasMore

St. Luke

Read the Acts of the Apostles immediately after Luke's Gospel and you have a wonderful two volume exposition on the founding and early years of the Church.