An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who's A Hoosier?

hoosieranna

hoosieranna

I was born and raised in Fort Wayne. My family is still there. Anyone else from the area?

hoosieranna

Cool. Thanks for responding. Incidentally, the subtitle is supposed to read "I don't bite", not "I don't bi".

There are a few more hoosiers who post from time to time: Pio Nono (seminarian), Track1004 (or whatever the number is), Knight of the Holy Rosary, PedroX (doesn't post much anymore) ... I think that's it.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='JuCa' post='1215292' date='Mar 18 2007, 04:11 AM']Born in little ol' Washington... living in Evansville! Opposite end of the state :)[/quote]

Evansville! UE! I'm not a hoosier, though my mom is (she's from Indy), and I went to UE, obviously. :) Anything new in Evansville lately? Has it started flooding there lately?

They're talking about building an interstate from Indy to Evansville. People are all up in arms about it.

Don't know about the flooding, though.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1215411' date='Mar 18 2007, 02:35 PM']They're talking about building an interstate from Indy to Evansville. People are all up in arms about it.

Don't know about the flooding, though.[/quote]

Interesting. One of the parking lots at UE is known as "the Lagoon" because it always floods in the spring. We also referred to the part of campus between the chapel and one of the halls as "Lake UE". Thanks for the info. :)

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1215396' date='Mar 18 2007, 08:47 AM']Evansville! UE! I'm not a hoosier, though my mom is (she's from Indy), and I went to UE, obviously. :) Anything new in Evansville lately? Has it started flooding there lately?[/quote]

I live just a few blocks from UE. Love the area! Went to USI but around UE is just such a nice part of town- good neighborhoods Nothing really new in the Ville, like usual! They've added some things to the riverfront. UE is adding on to the southwest part of campus- not sure what building it's going to be. It matches the rest of campus so it looks nice.

We had some bad flooding a few months ago (not sure exactly- horrible memory especially with time)! It got the south side of town bad. My basement was full of water- thankfully, I rent...so I didn't have to mess with any of it!

I'm moving to NM here in a month. I sure will miss E-ville :sadder: but God will provide...

Archaeology cat

[quote name='JuCa' post='1215454' date='Mar 18 2007, 05:21 PM']I live just a few blocks from UE. Love the area! Went to USI but around UE is just such a nice part of town- good neighborhoods Nothing really new in the Ville, like usual! They've added some things to the riverfront. UE is adding on to the southwest part of campus- not sure what building it's going to be. It matches the rest of campus so it looks nice.

We had some bad flooding a few months ago (not sure exactly- horrible memory especially with time)! It got the south side of town bad. My basement was full of water- thankfully, I rent...so I didn't have to mess with any of it!

I'm moving to NM here in a month. I sure will miss E-ville :sadder: but God will provide...[/quote]

Quite the climate change for you, then. It isn't that much different here, except that it rarely thunders. I miss thunder, but not tornadoes. :)

Nothing wrong with USI, either. But I don't think they had archaeology. I'll have to visit UE when I'm there in April. :)

hoosieranna

One of my fellow grad students graduated from U of E. He really enjoyed his time there. I mostly know it as an engineering school. Also, my uncle is Hal Wolford. He used to be on the news in Evansville. Anyone ever seen him doing strange things on TV?

Pontifite 7 of 10

I'm a Hoosier! Born and raised in the south of the great Hoosier State. Fr. Pontifex from down here too.

Archaeology Cat- you could hit up a Father Pontifex Mass when you are in the Ville.. his parish is about 5-10 mins from UE... not far at all.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='JuCa' post='1215693' date='Mar 19 2007, 04:52 AM']Archaeology Cat- you could hit up a Father Pontifex Mass when you are in the Ville.. his parish is about 5-10 mins from UE... not far at all.[/quote]

Which parish is that? I'll probably go back to Owensboro to go to Mass with my Aunt, but it would be nice to know all my options. :)