An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who's A Hoosier?

hoosieranna

[quote name='JuCa' post='1226503' date='Apr 1 2007, 08:18 PM']My computer has been broke, but now it is fixed. Tomorrow I am getting ready of my cable/internet in preps for leaving IN...so I'll be gone again. Except when I stop by the library or bum the net off of my friends for the next 14 days.
:( I will no longer be in hoosier land... pray for an early mushroom season! the good kinds, not the druggie kind![/quote]
I have gone mushroom hunting several years and never hit it just right. :(

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1226540' date='Apr 1 2007, 10:44 PM']Sounds like the Didiers. Well done, three posts! That's not common.[/quote]
yeah actually it wsnt that hard, i just pressed the add reply button like 6 times and since my computers so slow i pressed the back button maybe 3 times and tada!

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1226570' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:05 PM']I have gone mushroom hunting several years and never hit it just right. :([/quote]

whoa mushroom hunting? interesting...

EVANSVILLE!

Born and raised!

I am one mile from U of E and I started a Wednesday night mass at the chapel two years ago. It's at 9:30pm and we average over 60 students for that mass. It's cool, we leave the light down except in the sanctuary, lots of candles. The students appreciate the quiet and reverence. I love it.

Fr. Pontifex

hoosieranna

Ig,
Have you ever been to the cathedral on Calhoun? I've never been, but the outside of the building is gorgeous. I think they have a small museum open to the public.

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1226648' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:39 PM']Ig,
Have you ever been to the cathedral on Calhoun? I've never been, but the outside of the building is gorgeous. I think they have a small museum open to the public.[/quote]

hmmm nope sorry. maybe sometime though.

[quote name='iggyjoan' post='1226608' date='Apr 1 2007, 09:23 PM']whoa mushroom hunting? interesting...[/quote]
aka "tromping around in the woods looking at the ground"

[quote name='iggyjoan' post='1226608' date='Apr 1 2007, 10:23 PM']whoa mushroom hunting? interesting...[/quote]

You go around looking for Morel Mushrooms on the ground... They are so good. You soak them in water and salt *kill the bugs. THen fry them in butter and flour. I've added that to my daily intentions- early shroom season! I hope they pop before I leave for NM. My mom played an Aprils geniuses joke that she found a 2 inch one... I got really upset, b/c I had just checked the woods a day before. So mean!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1226652' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:42 PM']aka "tromping around in the woods looking at the ground"[/quote]

ah. ok... (would that also not qualify as 'flower picking?' or something similar?)

[img]http://www.thelensflare.com/large/mushroom_30242.jpg[/img]

This is the goods from the woods... best "hunting" season!
Gotta know what kinds to find...or you'll be in for a trip.

DiscerningSoul

Born and raised in CT.

Mushrooms? I like them raw, Baby Bella please!

Jessica
[url="http://www.xanga.com/adiscerningsoul"]http://www.xanga.com/adiscerningsoul[/url]