Archaeology cat Posted March 23, 2007 Posted March 23, 2007 [quote name='Pio Nono' post='1217670' date='Mar 23 2007, 04:54 PM']I'm from Washington, IN, and Fr. Pontifex's parish in Evansville is Holy Spirit Catholic Church.[/quote] Thanks.
track2004 Posted March 24, 2007 Posted March 24, 2007 HOO - HOO - HOO - HOOSIERS! I'm a hoosier, born and edumikated. Grew up down south with JuCa and now I'm chillin' in B-Town!
JuCa Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 My computer has been broke, but now it is fixed. Tomorrow I am getting ready of my cable/internet in preps for leaving IN...so I'll be gone again. Except when I stop by the library or bum the net off of my friends for the next 14 days. I will no longer be in hoosier land... pray for an early mushroom season! the good kinds, not the druggie kind!
iggyjoan Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 [quote name='Nadezhda' post='1215246' date='Mar 17 2007, 10:46 PM']I was born and raised in Fort Wayne. My family is still there. Anyone else from the area?[/quote] Yup! ME! Go Dwenger! lol (go irish as well)
hoosieranna Posted April 2, 2007 Author Posted April 2, 2007 [quote name='JuCa' post='1226503' date='Apr 1 2007, 08:18 PM']My computer has been broke, but now it is fixed. Tomorrow I am getting ready of my cable/internet in preps for leaving IN...so I'll be gone again. Except when I stop by the library or bum the net off of my friends for the next 14 days. I will no longer be in hoosier land... pray for an early mushroom season! the good kinds, not the druggie kind![/quote] for your goofy computer [quote name='iggyjoan' post='1226517' date='Apr 1 2007, 08:27 PM']Yup! ME! Go Dwenger! lol (go irish as well)[/quote] Cool! I went to North Side. I'm a river rat.
iggyjoan Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 lol i didn't go there i just have friends and cousins and a whole lotta family who go (went) there and North Side too.
hoosieranna Posted April 2, 2007 Author Posted April 2, 2007 It's nice knowing I'm not the only Wayner.
iggyjoan Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 (edited) lol ALL and i mean ALL of my family lives there. BIG family whoa triple post... sweet Edited April 2, 2007 by iggyjoan
iggyjoan Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 (edited) lol ALL and i mean ALL of my family lives there. BIG family whoa triple post... sweet Edited April 2, 2007 by iggyjoan
hoosieranna Posted April 2, 2007 Author Posted April 2, 2007 Sounds like the Didiers. Well done, three posts! That's not common.
Sojourner Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 [quote name='JuCa' post='1226503' date='Apr 1 2007, 08:18 PM']My computer has been broke, but now it is fixed. Tomorrow I am getting ready of my cable/internet in preps for leaving IN...so I'll be gone again. Except when I stop by the library or bum the net off of my friends for the next 14 days. I will no longer be in hoosier land... pray for an early mushroom season! the good kinds, not the druggie kind![/quote] I have gone mushroom hunting several years and never hit it just right.
iggyjoan Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 [quote name='Nadezhda' post='1226540' date='Apr 1 2007, 10:44 PM']Sounds like the Didiers. Well done, three posts! That's not common.[/quote] yeah actually it wsnt that hard, i just pressed the add reply button like 6 times and since my computers so slow i pressed the back button maybe 3 times and tada! [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1226570' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:05 PM']I have gone mushroom hunting several years and never hit it just right. [/quote] whoa mushroom hunting? interesting...
Pontifex Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 EVANSVILLE! Born and raised! I am one mile from U of E and I started a Wednesday night mass at the chapel two years ago. It's at 9:30pm and we average over 60 students for that mass. It's cool, we leave the light down except in the sanctuary, lots of candles. The students appreciate the quiet and reverence. I love it. Fr. Pontifex
hoosieranna Posted April 2, 2007 Author Posted April 2, 2007 Ig, Have you ever been to the cathedral on Calhoun? I've never been, but the outside of the building is gorgeous. I think they have a small museum open to the public.
iggyjoan Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 [quote name='Nadezhda' post='1226648' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:39 PM']Ig, Have you ever been to the cathedral on Calhoun? I've never been, but the outside of the building is gorgeous. I think they have a small museum open to the public.[/quote] hmmm nope sorry. maybe sometime though.
Sojourner Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 [quote name='iggyjoan' post='1226608' date='Apr 1 2007, 09:23 PM']whoa mushroom hunting? interesting...[/quote] aka "tromping around in the woods looking at the ground"
JuCa Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 [quote name='iggyjoan' post='1226608' date='Apr 1 2007, 10:23 PM']whoa mushroom hunting? interesting...[/quote] You go around looking for Morel Mushrooms on the ground... They are so good. You soak them in water and salt *kill the bugs. THen fry them in butter and flour. I've added that to my daily intentions- early shroom season! I hope they pop before I leave for NM. My mom played an Aprils geniuses joke that she found a 2 inch one... I got really upset, b/c I had just checked the woods a day before. So mean!!!!!!!!!!
iggyjoan Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1226652' date='Apr 1 2007, 11:42 PM']aka "tromping around in the woods looking at the ground"[/quote] ah. ok... (would that also not qualify as 'flower picking?' or something similar?)
JuCa Posted April 2, 2007 Posted April 2, 2007 [img]http://www.thelensflare.com/large/mushroom_30242.jpg[/img] This is the goods from the woods... best "hunting" season! Gotta know what kinds to find...or you'll be in for a trip.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now