An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who's A Hoosier?

hoosieranna

Wow! So many peoploe from Evansville on here! I'm not from there (acyually from southern Illinois), but I have family there. A grandmother and an uncle with his wife and four kids. My uncle is actually the head football coach at Reitz (sp?) High School, and of the Evansville Bluecats. It's a really nice city. I enjoy visiting. It would be cool to pop in at Fr. "Pontifex"'s Mass. What parish if you don't mind saying publicly?

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1215622' date='Mar 19 2007, 02:24 AM']One of my fellow grad students graduated from U of E. He really enjoyed his time there. I mostly know it as an engineering school. Also, my uncle is Hal Wolford. He used to be on the news in Evansville. Anyone ever seen him doing strange things on TV?[/quote]

That name sounds vaguely familiar, but it could just be that I'm thinking of my sister-in-law's family; she's from the Fort Wayne area, and they spell Wohlford with an "h".

phatcatholic

[quote name='Archaeology cat' post='1216947' date='Mar 21 2007, 05:51 PM']Which parish is that? I'll probably go back to Owensboro to go to Mass with my Aunt, but it would be nice to know all my options. :)[/quote]
I'm from Owensboro :D: Which parish do you go to for Mass? I was raised at Blessed Mother, but I don't really like it there anymore. I go to the mall in Evansville every now and then, but that's about it. My dad can't stand hoosiers, for some reason. Are they always crappy drivers, or is it just me? :idontknow:

hoosieranna

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Mar 22 2007, 04:04 PM' post='1217405']
My dad can't stand hoosiers, for some reason. Are they always crappy drivers, or is it just me?/quote]

We ask the same question about Kentuckians. :lol_roll:

JMJ
3/23 - St. Turibio de Mongrovejo
[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1215316' date='Mar 18 2007, 01:03 AM']Born in Lafayette, raised nearby, most recently lived in Indy, now in MN.[/quote]
Traitor. I know the pains of living in the Great White North (St. Paul, specifically)...how could you...? :sadder:

I'm from Washington, IN, and Fr. Pontifex's parish in Evansville is Holy Spirit Catholic Church.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Pio Nono' post='1217670' date='Mar 23 2007, 04:54 PM']I'm from Washington, IN, and Fr. Pontifex's parish in Evansville is Holy Spirit Catholic Church.[/quote]

Thanks. :)

HOO - HOO - HOO - HOOSIERS!

I'm a hoosier, born and edumikated. Grew up down south with JuCa and now I'm chillin' in B-Town!

• 2 weeks later...

My computer has been broke, but now it is fixed. Tomorrow I am getting ready of my cable/internet in preps for leaving IN...so I'll be gone again. Except when I stop by the library or bum the net off of my friends for the next 14 days.
:( I will no longer be in hoosier land... pray for an early mushroom season! the good kinds, not the druggie kind!

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1215246' date='Mar 17 2007, 10:46 PM']I was born and raised in Fort Wayne. My family is still there. Anyone else from the area?[/quote]

Yup! ME! Go Dwenger! lol

(go irish as well)

hoosieranna

[quote name='JuCa' post='1226503' date='Apr 1 2007, 08:18 PM']My computer has been broke, but now it is fixed. Tomorrow I am getting ready of my cable/internet in preps for leaving IN...so I'll be gone again. Except when I stop by the library or bum the net off of my friends for the next 14 days.
:( I will no longer be in hoosier land... pray for an early mushroom season! the good kinds, not the druggie kind![/quote]

:sadder: for your goofy computer

[quote name='iggyjoan' post='1226517' date='Apr 1 2007, 08:27 PM']Yup! ME! Go Dwenger! lol
(go irish as well)[/quote]

Cool! I went to North Side. I'm a river rat.

lol i didn't go there i just have friends and cousins and a whole lotta family who go (went) there and North Side too.

:) lol ALL and i mean ALL of my family lives there.

BIG family

whoa triple post...

sweet Edited by iggyjoan

:) lol ALL and i mean ALL of my family lives there.

BIG family

whoa triple post...

sweet Edited by iggyjoan