An Old School Catholic Message Board

Call No Man Master Or Magisterium

Budge

Budge, you need to make a 'bible thumping' checklist. That is, write down the stuff you already tried to thump us with so it doesn't come back as a tired ol' rerun. :popcorn:

Edited by Sacred Music Man

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='Budge' post='1217008' date='Mar 21 2007, 06:07 PM']Usually I check to make sure I dont do repeats, but since the board was revamped, I cant get to my old posts.

Sorry about that.[/quote]
hehe, I was just teasing anyway. :topsy:

[quote name='Budge' post='1216801' date='Mar 21 2007, 09:40 AM']Do you believe this verse APPLIES to YOU PERSONALLY or NOT?

Jhn 14:26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I believe because Rome emphasizes the Holy Spirit dealing with their EXPERTS--clergy, rather then the individuals in the church, Roman Catholics have been denied even the GIFTS of the Spirit.

When are Catholics ever preached to on Discernment? or following the promptings of the Holy Spirit?

No you poor folks are told to follow men.[/quote]

:unsure: [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discernment"]Discernment (Wikipedia)[/url] [url="http://www.peterkreeft.com/topics/discernment.htm"]Discernment (by Peter Kreeft)[/url]

usually my DVR doesnt record the re-runs

let me fast fwd and tell you how it ends. We answer questions, ask questions, budge ignores and starts another thread.

ok, show over. Turn off the tv and play outside