An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cloistered Nuns: Locked Behind The Grate

Budge

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Budge' post='1243131' date='Apr 14 2007, 04:33 PM']My BIble Greek translator translates it as just rememberance and that translator gets very specific listing more then one word for definitions in many cases.

Do you have anything to back up that "nuance" a link you can show me from a NON-Catholic translation of the Greek?[/quote]

A non-Catholic translation? Even the Catholic translation renders it as "remembrance."

Apotheuon already gave you a significant explanation and all you did was mock his use of the word mystical.

[quote]As for clarifying things by adding MYSTICAL in front of them, come on the New Agers can make hash of the English language by overuse of that word.[/quote]

But that doesn't make the word itself new age, does it?

TotusTuusMaria

[center]J.M.J.[/center]

Budge,

With all sincerity and love I ask that you just answer us straight forward and stop trying to nit-pick at words they use or silly little things. Just answer the questions. When you don't and you start going off in rants about certain words being used and the translations and all of this other stuff you are obviously just avoiding answering a question. Mocking each other's words and making little chicken pecks at these tiny little things is not seeking truth it is dawdling and wasting time. Just answer the questions that have been given you, and ask your own. That is what a debate is.

With all the love I have, I pray that God may bless you Budge!

In Jesus and Mary,
Marie

• 2 years later...
sistersintigo

What comes to mind, after reading all these pages, is that old saw about never try to teach a pig to sing.
Too bad, honestly, because it would be possible to have a good old OP Dominican "disputatio" here, it would be lively and heated, it would be informative and scholarly and considered, it would not be smoking with fear. I have to say this thread stinks of smoke in places. Smoke inhalation can be lethal after all. Be careful of playing with fire. Or playing with fear for that matter.
You know there are a lot of specific things that could be put under the microscope and put the lights on them and really examine them closely, that are worth such focused consideration. In the spirit of, I wonder what we can expose here, maybe we will learn something from study and concentration on the subject.
Moreover, there are countless others of us who shrink away from a thread like this one, not because of its words as such, but because of its repeated, persistent attitude of rejection and condemnation. I like a good hearty discussion but not a catfight. So if the rest of you alley cats want to spend this thread yowling at each other, don't be surprised if the rest of us -- enjoy our disputatio, our discussion, our debate, by taking our business elsewhere. And you all can just continue your territorial catfight here in your little alley.

cmotherofpirl

Dear sister, this thread is over 3 years old, and the OP is a rabid anti-catholic who is no longer here.

kavalamyself

I don't have the time to read through all the posts, but I find the OP very disrespectful and totally ignorant of not only Church teachings and tradition, but Scripture as well. I'm sure everybody has already pointed that out to him/her.

It really depresses me when I come to this website for encouragement and faith enhancing material only to find Catholic bashing.

As for "if you didn't want to see it, you shouldn't have read it" the only reason I popped in here was because this thread was listed on the front page "banner" and I clicked, thinking it was something "good."

Isn't there some way we can create a forum for all the people who want to bash our faith can go there separately? That way, if any brave Catholics who have the bones for it can go there and fight it out and those of us who need help, encouragement and uplifting can remain safe in our own forums.

I've had so many problems in my own life, seeing this post was like a knife in the heart. You guys don't know how hard it is to live a contemplative vocation, what kind of a sacrifice it is, not to mention what we have to go through with our families.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='04 March 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1267737378' post='2066666']
[b][size="5"]Dear sister, this thread is over 3 years old, and the OP is a rabid anti-catholic who is no longer here.[/size][/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='kavalamyself' date='04 March 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1267738272' post='2066680']
I don't have the time to read through all the posts, but I find the OP very disrespectful and totally ignorant of not only Church teachings and tradition, but Scripture as well. I'm sure everybody has already pointed that out to him/her.

It really depresses me when I come to this website for encouragement and faith enhancing material only to find Catholic bashing.

As for "if you didn't want to see it, you shouldn't have read it" the only reason I popped in here was because this thread was listed on the front page "banner" and I clicked, thinking it was something "good."

Isn't there some way we can create a forum for all the people who want to bash our faith can go there separately? That way, if any brave Catholics who have the bones for it can go there and fight it out and those of us who need help, encouragement and uplifting can remain safe in our own forums.

I've had so many problems in my own life, seeing this post was like a knife in the heart. You guys don't know how hard it is to live a contemplative vocation, what kind of a sacrifice it is, not to mention what we have to go through with our families.
[/quote]
+JMJ+
i highly suggest that you limit your contact with the debate board then.