An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phorum Performance

dUSt

How has the phorum been performing for past 24 hrs?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

xTrishaxLynnx

Still lots of errors when I try to post, and I get 'cannot display' errors randomly while I'm roaming through the phorum.

cmotherofpirl

It times out, so you think the reply didn't go thru, but if you go to the actual thread the reply is there.
That is why you see multiple postings, people don't realize it went thru.

OR

you post a new thread, the title shows up but no post. Then somebody posts after you and it shows up, so your message is lost, and someone elses first post is under the title you put up.

I get problems loading the page... sometimes the website wont load, sometimes only the /phorum page will only load and it wont load any of the forum links I chose.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1220736' date='Mar 27 2007, 06:11 PM']What errors do you receive when trying to post?[/quote]
The new things: it resets the connection to the server mid-post, and then the whole post is lost.

Or there the screen just goes blank.

Those are new, and in addition to the really really slow posting/loading/navigating/etc., which is still happening.

RezaMikhaeil

right now its working good for me but a few hrs ago [and most of the time before that] I could see the initial forum page but nothing more.

Reza

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1220744' date='Mar 27 2007, 07:33 PM']It times out, so you think the reply didn't go thru, but if you go to the actual thread the reply is there.
That is why you see multiple postings, people don't realize it went thru.

OR

you post a new thread, the title shows up but no post. Then somebody posts after you and it shows up, so your message is lost, and someone elses first post is under the title you put up.[/quote]

Yes, those! I don't post many topics so I haven't had to worry about that last one, but I've lost some posts because I didn't want to double post if it had gone through, so I just tried refreshing instead of reposting when it timed out, and lost the whole post because it hadn't gone through.

Was that confusing? :unsure:

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1220745' date='Mar 27 2007, 07:33 PM']I get problems loading the page... sometimes the website wont load, sometimes only the /phorum page will only load and it wont load any of the forum links I chose.[/quote]

I get all of those, too; quite often actually.

xTrishaxLynnx

And I just went to leave this thread and got an "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error. :rolleyes: I'm getting use to this. It's going to seem too easy to post on here once the errors are fixed. :P:

Guest T-Bone

I got a few "blank pages" today. Hit refresh and it reloaded fine.

That and the slowness and errors we've been getting.

As said above, I get the title page and then cannot click on any of the individual phorums. Just will not let me in. It seems to be getting worse.

I've had quite a few problems with "internet explorer cannot view the webpage" over the last few days.I have taken to saving poists in Notepad just incase the forum dies on me when I try to post a reply.

xTrishaxLynnx

[quote name='Staretz' post='1220793' date='Mar 27 2007, 09:18 PM']I've had quite a few problems with "internet explorer cannot view the webpage" over the last few days.I have taken to saving poists in Notepad just incase the forum dies on me when I try to post a reply.[/quote]

good call.