An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phorum Performance

dUSt

How has the phorum been performing for past 24 hrs?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know if this has been noted, but I had problems with Internet Explorer 7 with Phatmass, specifically, I could not get into the phorum. seems better now.

Just when I thought that all you people were insane, I experienced the "page cannot be displayed" errors myself a few minutes ago. :(

I actually couldn't even get ON to PM for like 4 hours yesterday. Just kept getting error messages. OR, I could get to the Pharmyard, but couldn't enter any of the topics.

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1221105' date='Mar 28 2007, 10:32 AM']so ... you haven't been experiencing problems with slowness?[/quote]
No. It hasn't been slow for me at all.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1221118' date='Mar 28 2007, 09:51 AM']No. It hasn't been slow for me at all.[/quote]
Yeah ... it has been slow for me for weeks. Typically what will happen is it will freeze up, then I won't be able to navigate anything at all for at least half an hour.

Edited by Terra Firma

EcceNovaFacioOmni

I've had the "slow down" problem for far longer than a few weeks. It has happened for quite a while, I can't even say when it started. Doesn't make sense as to why the main site works, the forum index works, personal messenger works, but the individual forums and topics don't work.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1221126' date='Mar 28 2007, 10:05 AM']Yeah ... it has been slow for me for weeks. Typically what will happen is it will freeze up, then I won't be able to navigate anything at all for at least half an hour.[/quote]
Yep. It almost always happens when there are 80-150 "guests" (read "googlebots") viewing the phorum.

Although, not always (right now it's fine, despite there being 169 "guests").

[quote name='hot stuff' post='1221303' date='Mar 28 2007, 03:41 PM']For the love of all that's holy,

Don't close the ticket yet[/quote]
yes don't

It has actually be fine for me today but I keep waiting for the freezing up/slowness/errors to hit. I think I have post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of all this. I may sue.

:P:

Okay, I think what may have been contributing to the problem was searches. The phorum has a huge database (over a million posts), and every time a search was performed, it searched the entire thing.

I did two things:
1. Disabled search spiders (google bot)
2. Disabled searching ability for non phorum members

I hope this helps.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='dUSt' post='1221364' date='Mar 28 2007, 05:14 PM']Okay, I think what may have been contributing to the problem was searches. The phorum has a huge database (over a million posts), and every time a search was performed, it searched the entire thing.

I did two things:
1. Disabled search spiders (google bot)
2. Disabled searching ability for non phorum members

I hope this helps.[/quote]
Thanks dUSt. :)

Maybe you can let the spiders back on at night somehow so Phatmass posts still register on google.