An Old School Catholic Message Board

Phorum Performance

dUSt

How has the phorum been performing for past 24 hrs?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1220736' date='Mar 27 2007, 05:11 PM']What errors do you receive when trying to post?[/quote]

I get "this site unavailable" when clicking on to the phorum.

I can usually but not always get onto the phorum home page. I am having real trouble getting past it. Then if I get into the individual phorums I can't get to the 2nd page or I lose it altogether.

Haven't had problems posting because I can't get that far.

hoosieranna

It'll just randomly slow down and time out. Then, the next time I'm on, it's fine. Speedy and everything.

KnightofChrist

dUSt,

I was reading somewhere that users using the back button of the browser could cause slow downs on boards like phatmass, ie after posting a message.

And I'm not sure, but when "Google.com" is signed in and I would guess cataloging phatmass, seems to be when the slowdowns happen, could Google's cataloging the site cause a slowdown it seems reasonably it could, perhaps? But I'm not sure of that.

Peace,
KoC

I can navigate two or three "clicks", after that, everything just freezes.

Example: I was able to vote in the poll, but could not go to the second page of the thread.

So I closed IE and came back in, but when I tried to go to page two, the second page wouldn't load. I had to save the actual URL of the first page and come back into it so that I could get to page 2.

When I tried to add the reply, it froze again, so I copied the URL of the reply as well as the reply, then had to close IE again and come back to the URL of the replay and paste the reply.

I can navigate two or three "clicks", after that, everything just freezes.

Example: I was able to vote in the poll, but could not go to the second page of the thread.

So I closed IE and came back in, but when I tried to go to page two, the second page wouldn't load. I had to save the actual URL of the first page and come back into it so that I could get to page 2.

When I tried to add the reply, it froze again, so I copied the URL of the reply as well as the reply, then had to close IE again and come back to the URL of the replay and paste the reply.

Twice.

KnightofChrist

Either, I am the cause of the slowdowns, or what I did worked and will work for everyone, or its just a Ka-winky-dink... probably just a ka-winky-dink

But hey maybe not, After clearing my Cache and Cookies, and other "private data" in Firefox, the board went from nothing working to everything I wanted to do working.

Someone wanna test this theory for themselves next slowdown?

Thy Geekdom Come

How ironic...I tried to answer this poll and phatmass dropped out while it was processing.

cmotherofpirl

your computer knows you pay the bills here, of course it will behave for you.

I am replying in fast reply [ second try now] because regular reply just timed out to " this page cannot be displayed"

Here's an idea for you, dUSt. I noticed that someone had pointed out the googlebot is by indexing the site. What you can do is set up a "robots.txt" file in the root directory and tell it to only drop by once a week.