An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Few Of The Many Things That I Wish Would Be Restored

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='EJames' post='1253702' date='Apr 22 2007, 07:45 PM']Christ is Risen!
umm why does it say you 'dont represent the Church', and 'Separated Bretheren <Group', under your name, when your profile says you are in Communion and attend an INDULT Holy Mass of S.t Pius V th??

i recently attended up here at our local Benedictine monastery a conference on the Liturgy and the upcoming re-translation of the English Sacramentary, and the history of it all, by the Bishop of Leeds England, President of The ICEL.very interesting
I would agree with you about the questionable licitness of the ENGLISH, translation of the Latin New Order Mass..
Benedicite! two words Motu Proprio!
Multos Annos Papa Benedict XVI!!!![/quote]

I have the "hello, i do not rep..." title because I'm considered a meanie rad-trad.

Really? Hahaha... I like your traditional input if you ask me... but then I haven't been around long enough to see all your posts...

One thing I would like to see restored (maybe not so much restored as just used occasionally) is black vestments. I know nowadays the emphasis at funerals is on the Resurrection and baptism, and that's great! I am just eager to see what the black vestments would look like. Definitely something different! :drool:

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1254465' date='Apr 23 2007, 07:29 PM']I have the "hello, i do not rep..." title because I'm considered a meanie rad-trad.[/quote]
I haven't been around here long, but i would like to also say i support i think everything i have read that you say.

[quote name='Maggie' post='1254568' date='Apr 23 2007, 09:56 PM']One thing I would like to see restored (maybe not so much restored as just used occasionally) is black vestments. I know nowadays the emphasis at funerals is on the Resurrection and baptism, and that's great! I am just eager to see what the black vestments would look like. Definitely something different! :drool:[/quote]

Black is still permitted. Not many companies manufacture black chasubles/stoles anymore. I have several catalogs and can't find one. Not even Slabbinck...the Armani of vestments.

[quote name='StThomasMore' post='1254465' date='Apr 23 2007, 04:29 PM']I have the "hello, i do not rep..." title because I'm considered a meanie rad-trad.[/quote]
If you are a rad Trad? what does that make me? or The Pope?or the Trad. Catholic Monks of Le Barroux or Fontgaumbolt..two Monasteries the Pope as Cardinal loved to visit and praised , and gave conferences about the problems with the Norvus Ordo...

it's mostly in the way he presents tradition that we do not want him being considered as repping the Church; it turns people off not only to the Church, but also to tradition. I always thought such tags should include "necessarily" or "always", because that's what they really are: warnings that what is said by this poster does not necessarily represent what the Church herself believes and teaches. he presents things in such a way as to attempt to sound as if that's what the Church is saying, says it in abrasive/offensive ways, and turns people off to the Church. it's mostly in the way he's acted in the past which earned him this title. one little underhanded thing you often see him do is not specify which Catechism he is quoting and just say "here's what the Catechism says"; an uninformed person without fair warning from the tag might come to believe that the CCC wants us to burn protestant bibles instead of the period-specific Catechism of St. Pius X.

I hate when people are turned off to tradition by folks who misrepresent the Church as she actually is and was and should have been and should be; I am all for tradition; I really am quite a 'trad', if you will, myself.

Anyway, it's not up for public debate who has these tags and who does not. It is a decision of Phatmass, a privately owned site which has an open forum for the sake of promoting Church Teaching as it understands it and dialogging with those who are outside of the Church with a united belief in Church teaching; and it has the rite to place warning labels or ban those it feels are disruptive to that goal. Any further discussion of who has what labels should be taken up in private.

[quote name='kateri05' post='1226854' date='Apr 1 2007, 10:21 PM']oh wait, that would require NOT using the haugen and hass misselette. my bad :rolleyes:[/quote]
geez, kateri, we can't just get rid of that missalette - it's the best! :rolleyes: /sarcasm
[quote name='Revprodeji' post='1245770' date='Apr 16 2007, 10:32 AM']I dont have the time to rant, but I have the passion. I cant stand the modern mass that I see in my area from mulitiple church. They appear to be trying to be protestant and just doing a bad job with it. Too many middle aged women in stretch pants handing out communion and giving blessings. What the heck? I dont want Aunt May giving me a blessing. WHo is she? Does anybody have respect with what is happening? Or is it bad music with a snack? Man, makes me want to be a bishop just to spank people.[/quote]
i'm having a hard time explaining to my parents why just the priest or the deacon should bless people in the Communion line. they just don't get it.

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Gershom' post='1257013' date='Apr 26 2007, 09:02 PM']Bring this back: "Remember O Man that dust you are, and unto dust thou shalt return."[/quote]

I was so excited that my priest said that! I wasn't sure, since we were fairly new to the parish at the time, what he would do.