An Old School Catholic Message Board

Priests And Cufflinks

the_rev

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' post='1238565' date='Apr 11 2007, 04:08 AM']:applause:

That's exactly how I tend to interpret things when I happen to see a well dressed priest. It is the dignity of the office that deserves the outward sign of respect which distinguished dress brings.

I highly doubt this discussion would have left much for debate 50 years ago. It used to be that a man of self respect would not be seen in public without a tie and suit jacket.

I also think it is silly that people would assume that a priest with some decent threads and cufflinks is some kind of high roller. I've had friends (not priests per se) who always had phat clothes and maybe a pimped out ride but in fact lived in a roach infested shack and were on welfare. You never know. lol.[/quote]

I'm glad you agree. When people scrutinize the adornment for Jesus Christ it reminds me of Judas questioning the use of costly perfume to annoint Christ. I know that sounds harsh, but I really take my office seriously internally and externally.

Peace.