An Old School Catholic Message Board

Has Thunderduckgrl1 Asked You For Homework Help?

Anastasia13

She used to bother me quite a bit, and I finally had to block her. She even got through the block. She was very pushy, and believe me, I know zip about math. When I told her that she got nasty and demanded I do these problems anyway. If she gets through, I merely delete her postings.

Proud2BCatholic139

[quote name='Staretz' post='1236076' date='Apr 9 2007, 11:23 AM']Thats what I ended up doing. I figured out one sentence for her and then decided enough was enough and blocked her for a while. apparently she's in university.[/quote]

Ha, I asked her once how old she was. She said she was in the university. I thought she was 12! :lol:

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='1236154' date='Apr 9 2007, 01:30 PM']Ha, I asked her once how old she was. She said she was in the university. I thought she was 12! :lol:[/quote]

I have helped her, and ALL my kids have helped her.
She either needs a tutor OR
she needs to do her own thinking for a change. :)

well, i'm glad to know i'm not alone in this!
i think maybe we should be a bit more charitable in how we talk about this though.

I knew that sn sounded familiar. I have gotten a few im's from it/her before and never responded b/c I don't acknowledge sn's that I don't know. If I don't know you, I don't know your sn, and have no reason to talk to you.

Anyways, has anyone ever considered that the sn isn't just looking for math help. I mean I don't know much about computers but could she do something (computer wise) when she establishes an aim connection w/ you? Because to collect everyones sn info. from a random site she isn't a part of, and to ask these ppl she doesn't know for hw help, seems like a complete and total ploy to me.

[quote name='littleflower+JMJ' post='1236020' date='Apr 9 2007, 09:24 AM']fyi: S/he been doing this for several years now.[/quote]

hmmm...I find this disturbing...it would be nice if only phatmassers could see our info. - just a thought for dust.

Proud2BCatholic139

If this person has been doing it for years, I don't think this student is from the University...I think this person may need some help :crazy:

see..I started this..

Last night Light and truth asked me about it, I thought thunderduckgrl1 only bothered me. Then I thought she was a bot. hmmm, interesting

Yeah this person asks me for help all the time...I felt bad cuz I kept snapping at her :idontknow: She asked my brother, PVmelonhead, all the time as well.

Proud2BCatholic139

What's your favorite memory of this "person"

Mine was, "Hey do you know Pathos, Logos, and Ethos? I need to apply it to the Martin Luther King Speech." I'm like, "Yeah, I just studied this subject. And this person didn't know where to look for it, I gave this person the definitions and they said, "I don't know how to find it! Can you do it for me?" I said, "No, but I can help."

Imagine this, this person never sleeps huh? They are constantly doing homework? :fish: to me.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Staretz' post='1236076' date='Apr 9 2007, 09:23 AM']Thats what I ended up doing. I figured out one sentence for her and then decided enough was enough and blocked her for a while. apparently she's in university.[/quote]

Funny cause someone else told me that she was "homeschooled" but I'd gotten PM's from her before that said "if you don't help me" [and she clearly had expected me to write her whole paper] then she was going to fail tomorrow [apparently according to her, her paper was due tomorrow and it was my problem too?] Needless to say, I was heartless and didn't care, playing computer video games and relaxing in the evening with my wife was much more important. :lol_roll:

Mateo el Feo

She sounds about as legitimate as the people who send the Nigerian scam e-mails.

Yet another reason that strangers on the internet are "guilty until proven innocent." She (if it actually is a "she") is just taking advantage of the generosity of others? Yuck.

photosynthesis

I had NO IDEA who this person was when they first IMed me. She wouldn't tell me who she was or how she got my SN. but yes, I am in the club!