Ash Wednesday Posted May 24, 2007 Posted May 24, 2007 Why do people flirt? Attention. People like to feel like they are likable and attractive.
Jaime Posted May 24, 2007 Posted May 24, 2007 [quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1280305' date='May 24 2007, 01:23 AM']Why do people flirt? Attention. People like to feel like they are likable and attractive.[/quote] *winks at Ash*
jeffpugh Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 (edited) [quote name='MIkolbe' post='1273869' date='May 15 2007, 12:45 AM']her gorgeous eyes... captivating smile... flowing hair.... overall angelic presence.... WOW, I love my wife [/quote] That is awesome. I concur with all of those descriptions. [quote name='hot stuff' post='1273878' date='May 15 2007, 12:57 AM']Because if I flirted with goldfish, people would think I was odd[/quote] Hahaha... this is funny... [quote name='Moosey' post='1279161' date='May 22 2007, 03:17 PM']Well, it all depends on the kind of goldfish you flirt with. After all, the snack food has been known to smile back... [img]http://intricateart.com/archives/200650eyeateitgoldfish-thumb.jpg[/img][/quote] [quote name='Brigid' post='1280252' date='May 24 2007, 01:16 AM']you know, I think the problem is that guys don't care whether they read a thread about flirting, but girls see it and go "hmm, flirting. I think I'll click on that and see what they're talking about." so (almost) all the opinions you're getting are from girls. ... well, that's what I think... [/quote] Actually, I came to this thread because I saw hot stuff quoted about the goldfish thing. I think I have one of the oddest reasons to be here. [quote name='XIX' post='1280303' date='May 24 2007, 04:05 AM']Actually to guys it's the #3 most important thing how attractive a girl looks. To girls, it's #7 as far as how physically attractive a guy is. Intelligence and kindness/understanding are #1 and #2.[/quote] I agree here too. I try and keep it at number 3... they have attraction at #7? YES! I HAVE A CHANCE : hahaha [quote name='God Conquers' post='1280304' date='May 24 2007, 04:17 AM']#3 That is ridiculous. Come on. So you're saying before you flirt with a girl you ask her in what year Beethoven composed the fifth, a skill-testing math question, and what she does for stray animals? NO WAY.[/quote] Umm... the girl better know about Beethoven or she's out!! Anywho, I guess I should give my list... Presence, Love of Music (preference that they play an instrument),what MIkolbe said, umm... energy, piety, love for God so much that she would not want to leave Christ and Mary out of our relationship. Edited May 29, 2007 by Sacred Music Man
Sojourner Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 [quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1282905' date='May 28 2007, 09:02 PM']Presence, Love of Music (preference that they play an instrument),what MIkolbe said, umm... energy, piety, love for God so much that she would not want to leave Christ and Mary out of our relationship.[/quote] OK, those are all good things to consider when getting beyond flirting ... but flirting?? Come on. Flirting is light, surfacy banter. I think GC has it right. Physical attractiveness is #1 when it comes to flirting. I think it's probably #1 for girls too. Not that I won't flirt with a guy who isn't my top choice in terms of attractiveness, but I would say that I wouldn't flirt with a guy who wasn't in the range of acceptableness. Flirting is a sign of attraction, pure and simple.
God Conquers Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 Yes yes yes. So many people are dishonest about this and it's ridiculous! You don't know anything about someone when you flirt with them initially! How could you know they are holy!? (unless you're flirting @ adoration?) There's a misconception that it's not OK to look attractive. There's also a misconception that people are either attractive already, or will never be attractive. Not true. Everyone finds different things attractive. But if you are a girl or a guy who wants to be noticed it's really easy. Just be clean, wear nice clothes and have a "spirit of openness" to others. If you are uptight, you will appear uptight, and people won't talk to you because they can sense that they won't get anywhere. You can do it! Be a flirt!
Sojourner Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 Yeah I think within reason there is nothing wrong with playful banter. I think flirting can cross a line, but as long as you keep it light and clean it is really fun. It may not go anywhere but if it's done right it leaves both flirters feeling happier and better about themselves, because we all know instinctively that flirting is about attraction.
Groo the Wanderer Posted May 29, 2007 Posted May 29, 2007 Hmm...dunno. I find my wifey attractive and I flirt with her...but I still end up having to do the dishes. nuts.
missionseeker Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 [quote name='God Conquers' post='1283516' date='May 29 2007, 03:23 PM']Yes yes yes. So many people are dishonest about this and it's ridiculous! You don't know anything about someone when you flirt with them initially! How could you know they are holy!? (unless you're flirting @ adoration?) There's a misconception that it's not OK to look attractive. There's also a misconception that people are either attractive already, or will never be attractive. Not true. Everyone finds different things attractive. But if you are a girl or a guy who wants to be noticed it's really easy. Just be clean, wear nice clothes and have a "spirit of openness" to others. If you are uptight, you will appear uptight, and people won't talk to you because they can sense that they won't get anywhere. You can do it! Be a flirt![/quote] Random. He totally flirted with me before he had seen me at all. I love Phatmass.
MStar Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 [quote name='rachael' post='1777364' date='Feb 9 2009, 07:51 PM']flirting is fun. [/quote] What I was going to say!
rachael Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 [quote name='MStar' post='1777385' date='Feb 9 2009, 11:14 PM']What I was going to say![/quote] great minds think alike
missionseeker Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 (edited) Edited February 10, 2009 by missionseeker
jeffpugh Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 I think XIX used to use this emoticon a lot. Or was it James?
Jesus_lol Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 (edited) flirting is sweet specially with a special girl... Edited February 10, 2009 by Jesus_lol
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now