LouisvilleFan Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Terra Firma' post='1283316' date='May 29 2007, 10:10 AM']I think GC has it right. Physical attractiveness is #1 when it comes to flirting. I think it's probably #1 for girls too. Not that I won't flirt with a guy who isn't my top choice in terms of attractiveness, but I would say that I wouldn't flirt with a guy who wasn't in the range of acceptableness. Flirting is a sign of attraction, pure and simple.[/quote] Ya know, I find that personality is more important when it comes to flirting. Ever tried flirting with an attractive girl who had no personality? It doesn't work. Flirting is all about personality... flirting is impossible without it. Good looks are icing on the cake, and granted, you probably won't take a relationship deeper than flirting if you aren't physically attracted to a person. But flirting itself does not require physical attraction. Edited February 10, 2009 by LouisvilleFan
sweens8403 Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 [quote name='God Conquers' post='1280301' date='May 24 2007, 02:52 AM']You COULD say "there's no real reason", but the truth is that guys flirt with girls if they find them attractive. Bottom line. It's not shallow, for there are more than just looks that attract a guy to a girl, but physical attractiveness is the #1 thing.[/quote] Looks will get my attention, but character and personality keep it. And before someone gets upset because I said looks first, remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Each man has his own idea of what's beautiful and what's not.
Paddington Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 Flirting helps when you don't know what else to talk about.
rachael Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 ok, why do so many men find it necessary to poke?
Paddington Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 [quote name='rachael' post='1777880' date='Feb 10 2009, 11:28 AM']poke the tummy, ribs...[/quote] cuz they are ignorant of the law.
rachael Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 (edited) [quote name='Paddington' post='1777883' date='Feb 10 2009, 11:30 AM']cuz they are ignorant of the law.[/quote] c[font="Arial"]ra[/font]p hurts, yo. Edited February 10, 2009 by rachael
Galloglasses' Alt Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 Flowing hair is usually what catches me at first glance, beyond that I'm not sure.
LouisvilleFan Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 [quote name='sweens8403' post='1777862' date='Feb 10 2009, 11:12 AM']Looks will get my attention, but character and personality keep it. And before someone gets upset because I said looks first, remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Each man has his own idea of what's beautiful and what's not.[/quote] But you can't flirt with looks. You flirt with people, which involves personality. I'm convinced flirting is based on personality more than looks. Of course, if you're flirting because you like a person "that way," then it obviously involves physical attraction too, but a lot of times guys flirt with girls just because we're in the same space and that's just what you do. Cute bartender or waitress? Flirt. She flirts back... everyone has fun... and you pay a fat tip and come back next week. If she doesn't flirt back, it isn't fun and you don't come back no matter how cute she was. To contrast, "checking out" a girl is based purely on physical attraction and, unless it quickly leads to taking some iniative in the flirting stage, doesn't involve any form of friendship/relationship either. That's why flirting is inherently good and "checking out" is inherently disordered.... to throw down a little theology o' da body on ya.
Arpy Posted February 10, 2009 Posted February 10, 2009 [quote name='rachael' post='1777875' date='Feb 10 2009, 07:25 AM']ok, why do so many men find it necessary to poke? [/quote] The only person I know who viciously pokes people is a girl.
rachael Posted February 11, 2009 Posted February 11, 2009 [quote name='tinytherese' post='1778128' date='Feb 10 2009, 04:50 PM']I don't know how to flirt. [/quote] you just do it.
LouisvilleFan Posted February 12, 2009 Posted February 12, 2009 [quote name='rachael' post='1778352' date='Feb 10 2009, 08:01 PM'] you just do it.[/quote] Establishing eye contact is a necessary prerequisite. And a smile, because it's always good to smile, especially in those unfriendly Yankee towns like Pittsburgh and New York City. Remember, the second-shortest verse in the Bible is, "Jesus smiled." Then talk some smack about their baseball team.
rachael Posted February 12, 2009 Posted February 12, 2009 [quote name='LouisvilleFan' post='1779600' date='Feb 12 2009, 09:51 AM']Establishing eye contact is a necessary prerequisite. And a smile, because it's always good to smile, especially in those unfriendly Yankee towns like Pittsburgh and New York City. Remember, the second-shortest verse in the Bible is, "Jesus smiled." Then talk some smack about their baseball team.[/quote] I've always heard that Southern girls were a lot better with flirting than Northern girls. Just saying.
missionseeker Posted February 12, 2009 Posted February 12, 2009 That's why got 'em coming from the great northern wasteland
rachael Posted February 12, 2009 Posted February 12, 2009 [quote name='missionseeker' post='1779608' date='Feb 12 2009, 11:08 AM']That's why got 'em coming from the great northern wasteland [/quote] iawtc.
LouisvilleFan Posted February 12, 2009 Posted February 12, 2009 [quote name='rachael' post='1779601' date='Feb 12 2009, 09:52 AM']I've always heard that Southern girls were a lot better with flirting than Northern girls. Just saying. [/quote] I wholeheartedly agree. And they sound nicer too. Had this waitress at Cracker Barrel a few weeks ago from northwestern Tennessee. That area of the South may have the best accent anywhere.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now