An Old School Catholic Message Board

Errors Of The Pope

dairygirl4u2c

dairygirl4u2c

Also, I agree saying that many catholics would not believe the error if they saw it.
but, that's just a theoretical agreement. you can't rest on the fact they'd do that to say you have an error. (i'm not saying you are, just saying)
so, the problems presented to you remain.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1283649' date='May 29 2007, 04:16 PM']Seems reza cannot produce the proof that the quote was in the alleged catechism by Pius X and the evidence is to the contrary, but he has to claim it was in some version that is not online, though he has no proof of such a version.[/quote] You havn't provided proof that it wasn't in the catechism, infact it wasn't just me that quoted it, but a grip of other sources, so just becuase you can't find it [for obvious reasons], doesn't mean that it doesn't exist or that it's a fruitless claim.

[quote]As I thought reza, you dug your heals in. Very sad that you cannot admit there is a problem with your claim and address it. I'm done with you.
[/quote]And as I stated in the previous post, you couldn't provide any proof for your claims in the "bind and loose" thread, so you quit. However I didn't quit this thread, I simply havn't seen a single piece of evidence that proves that it wasn't in the catechism.

What's quite humorous, is that I havn't taken this thread that serious, and I didn't think that others were either, if I did, I could go through the numerous errors that the Pope has made, but I haven't yet.

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1283686' date='May 29 2007, 05:09 PM']
I don't think I said you had no evidence. You misunderstand me.[/quote] go back and re-read what you wrote.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='dairygirl4u2c' post='1283710' date='May 29 2007, 05:33 PM']Also, I agree saying that many catholics would not believe the error if they saw it.
but, that's just a theoretical agreement. you can't rest on the fact they'd do that to say you have an error. (i'm not saying you are, just saying)
so, the problems presented to you remain.[/quote]

That isn't a "theoretical agreement", just so you know but moreover, nobody has "proved" my quote wrong, they just said that they couldn't find it in the online versioin of that catechism, which is quite old. Nonetheless it's a fact, which is written in the Roman Catholic's own history, that numerous patriarchs have expounded upon the idea of "limbo", which is why it was such a big deal that Pope Benedict denounced it as a doctrine of the church.

Reza

Just as an aside, Reza goes nuts if someone talks about the errors of Islam, but he/she ardently tries to prove errors in Catholicism.

[quote name='mortify' post='1283742' date='May 29 2007, 07:07 PM']Just as an aside, Reza goes nuts if someone talks about the errors of Islam, but he/she ardently tries to prove errors in Catholicism.[/quote]
I think we've all observed this, though Reza is a "he."

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='mortify' post='1283742' date='May 29 2007, 06:07 PM']Just as an aside, Reza goes nuts if someone talks about the errors of Islam, but he/she ardently tries to prove errors in Catholicism.[/quote]

No see, I got no problem with you talking about "the errors of Islam", what I do have a problem with is your lack of knowledge concerning it. See my belief that the Pope is fallible, is based upon various pope's that agree with limbo, then the modern pope abolishing it. Your accusations against Islam have been based upon nothing. Muslims don't believe in any infalliblity of men [much like protestants], and believe that the Quran [and some would consider the hadeeths] to be what should be the judge of Islam [much like Protestants sola scriptures theory]. You haven't based a single one of your accusations upon the Quran with proper interpretation.

Note: Catholic Annonymous [who is a Roman Catholic] has also been "irritated" by your false accusations of Islam, it's not just me.

Reza

Edited by RezaLemmyng

thessalonian

[quote]You havn't provided proof that it wasn't in the catechism, infact it wasn't just me that quoted it, but a grip of other sources, so just becuase you can't find it [for obvious reasons], doesn't mean that it doesn't exist or that it's a fruitless claim.[/quote]

Websites quoting a media outlet are better than the source itself. :rolleyes: It is you that has given no proof (i.e. a source other than a reporter. :rolleyes: Seems to me the one claiming infallibility is reza.

Edited by thessalonian

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1283770' date='May 29 2007, 10:07 PM']...then the modern pope abolishing it.[/quote]The "modern pope" didn't abolish limbo, and no previous pope claimed limbo to be a dogma. But, as always, don't let facts stand in your way.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1283771' date='May 29 2007, 07:11 PM']Websites quoting a media outlet are better than the source itself. :rolleyes: It is you that has given no proof (i.e. a source other than a reporter. :rolleyes: Seems to me the one claiming infallibility is reza.[/quote]

No that's you, you criticize me for not investing more time in this thread, and "dodging" [which I didn't do], while you dodge my questions in the "binding and loosing" thread.

Reza

thessalonian

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1283775' date='May 29 2007, 09:14 PM']No that's you, you criticize me for not investing more time in this thread, and "dodging" [which I didn't do], while you dodge my questions in the "binding and loosing" thread.

Reza[/quote]

I dialogued with you plenty in that thread and you simply denied, denied, denied. I got bored with your antics and ranting as I am here. Do you have a particular question you want answered now?

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='thessalonian' post='1283839' date='May 29 2007, 07:37 PM']I dialogued with you plenty in that thread and you simply denied, denied, denied. I got bored with your antics and ranting as I am here. Do you have a particular question you want answered now?[/quote]

No you provided ZERO PROOF, you made ridiculous claims such as "well aren't the gospel writers infallible" to somehow "prove" that St. Peter was infallible, which by every logic would apply to every gospel writer according to your theology but once I'd challenged that, you just kinda didn't respond back [for obvious reasons].

However, on the subject of limbo, here's a Roman Catholic website that you might enjoy:

[url="http://www.romancatholicism.org/jansenism/popes-limbo.htm"]http://www.romancatholicism.org/jansenism/popes-limbo.htm[/url] Notice that it also proclaims the same quote that I previously provided.

What's this? I found another Catholic Website that gives the same quote: [url="http://www.catholic.net/the_road_to_heaven/template_article.phtml?channel_id=16&article_id=3678"]http://www.catholic.net/the_road_to_heaven...article_id=3678[/url]

The New York Times concludes the same quote: [url="http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/28/international/europe/28limbo.html?ei=5090&en=dc8aeb5ad3492762&ex=1293426000&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print"]http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/28/internat...agewanted=print[/url]

It must just be a coincidence huh? There's no way that any credible source would agree with Reza huh?

Reza

Edited by RezaLemmyng

Mateo el Feo

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1283857' date='May 29 2007, 10:42 PM'][url="http://www.romancatholicism.org/jansenism/popes-limbo.htm"]http://www.romancatholicism.org/jansenism/popes-limbo.htm[/url] Notice that it also proclaims the same quote that I previously provided.[/quote]Of course, the casual reader would realize that this is an anti-Catholic website, not a Catholic website as you suggest.

In any event, you may want to re-read the bottom of the webpage you have cited, since it actually proves us right and you wrong.[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1283857' date='May 29 2007, 10:42 PM']It must just be a coincidence huh? There's no way that any credible source would agree with Reza huh?[/quote]Considering that your own citation of an anti-Catholic website actually confirms your error, maybe you would reconsider your obstinance.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Mateo el Feo' post='1283899' date='May 29 2007, 08:12 PM']In any event, you may want to re-read the bottom of the webpage you have cited, since it actually proves us right and you wrong.Considering that your own citation of an anti-Catholic website actually confirms your error, maybe you would reconsider your obstinance.[/quote]

What you mean it proves you right? Thesselonian [among the others] said that the Roman Pope didn't say the quote that I provided, yet the numerous websites, proclaimed that he did say it.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Mateo el Feo' post='1283899' date='May 29 2007, 08:12 PM']In any event, you may want to re-read the bottom of the webpage you have cited, since it actually proves us right and you wrong.Considering that your own citation of an anti-Catholic website actually confirms your error, maybe you would reconsider your obstinance.[/quote]

What you mean it proves you right? Thesselonian [among the others] said that the Roman Pope didn't say the quote that I provided, yet the numerous websites, proclaimed that he did say it.