An Old School Catholic Message Board

Doctrinal Superiority

GodChaser

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1283203' date='May 29 2007, 01:22 AM']Clearly, this explains why you cannot formulate an argument.
Jesus Christ is the substantial Word of God, and the Bible is not. Bibliolatry is just another form of idolatry.[/quote]
I guess that makes God a liar

[quote name='Psalm 138:1-2' date=' JPS']A Psalm of David. I will give Thee thanks with my whole heart, in the presence of the mighty will I sing praises unto Thee. I will bow down toward Thy holy temple, and give thanks unto Thy name for Thy mercy and for Thy truth; for Thou hast magnified Thy word above all Thy name.[/quote]

Hmmm,

Apotheoun says that the word isn't above the name of Jesus Christ, and calls it bibliolatry.

My Father, King David - a man after God's own heart - says that the Bible is above the name of God - (Jesus being apart of that name).

Who's right, My Father King David or Apotheoun?

Who's right, God or Apotheoun?

Where shall I go to to answer that question?

Oh yea, straight to those scriptures.

Scripture has been exalted by God, and magnified above his name!

If not, than it would have never appeared in the Bible!

Edited by GodChaser

Ragamuffin

[quote name='GodChaser' post='1283774' date='May 29 2007, 08:13 PM']I guess that makes God a liar
Hmmm,

Apotheoun says that the word isn't above the name of Jesus Christ, and calls it bibliolatry.

My Father, King David - a man after God's own heart - says that the Bible is above the name of God - (Jesus being apart of that name).

Who's right, My Father King David or Apotheoun?

Who's right, God or Apotheoun?

Where shall I go to to answer that question?

Oh yea, straight to those scriptures.

Scripture has been exalted by God, and magnified above his name!

If not, than it would have never appeared in the Bible![/quote]
The Word is Jesus Christ (John 1). You're ignoring the clear teaching of the NT to extrapolate a novel interpretation and using an archaic translation to do so.