An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kindergartners To Be Taught Homosexuality, Bisexuality, And Transsexu

Katholikos

[quote name='carrdero' post='1287842' date='Jun 4 2007, 01:41 AM'][b]"I know that God created in me a need to love, the ability to love. I cannot believe that God would be so spiteful to say 'Ha! you're gay, you can't do anything about it.’"
[i]-Chris Ambidge, co-convener of Integrity's Toronto chapter, a support group for Anglican gays and lesbians[/i][/b][/quote]
GOD did NOT create Anal-Sex, we in our own disturbed minds did, as a form of "getting off". That is what Sex has been reduced to"what you can do for me". God DID create us for love. We are the ones that messed with it and I think people like you, want what you want, so your not going to tell anyone anything different. Your motives are self-serving. Defending what is wrong by saying" God created it" is a cop-out for justifiying your own sins.
God gave us all Free-Will and we DO have control over any behavior that we may have. We are still a notch above animals,remember?
So by your statement above you are saying it DOES boil down to one thing, SEX. Saying God created them for LOVE but doesn't want them to do anything (ANAL SEX) about it. Is that all they were created for? WHAT MAKES YOU A HOMOSEXUAL IS WHO YOUR HAVING SEX WITH, NOTHING ELSE! I have plenty of very loving relationships with woman, I do NOT have sex with these women. My husband has loving relationships with other men and does NOT have sex with them. Homosexual sex is WRONG>(Not to mention unhealthy)
Spew the Homosexual mantra lies, all you want to carrdero, You will be held accountable in the end. JC

Edited by jckinsman

Whoa. That was great. Amen. Btw, I boldly used the latter argument about loving others with myself as the subject. It shut people up. Anywho, maybe Carderro is confusing lust with love. That happens.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1288833' date='Jun 5 2007, 05:28 PM']Whoa. That was great. Amen. Btw, I boldly used the latter argument about loving others with myself as the subject. It shut people up. Anywho, maybe Carderro is confusing lust with love. That happens.[/quote]
That is all Homosexual sex is LUST. You are correct!......but to Carderro this is meant to be are norm, we are to accept it a "Natural"

Edited by jckinsman

[quote name='jckinsman']That is all Homosexual sex is LUST.
it DOES boil down to one thing, SEX
WHAT MAKES YOU A HOMOSEXUAL IS WHO YOUR HAVING SEX WITH, NOTHING ELSE!
Homosexual sex is WRONG>(Not to mention unhealthy)[/quote]

It would be foolish to try to deny that. But that's what all sex is, including heterosexual. Sex is about physical pleasure.

But you are ignoring all the deep emotions that make the attraction in the first place. Neither gay nor straight couples truly stay together just to have sex, just to feel that physical pleasure. Sex isn't required out of any relationships, it just comes very naturally to those that are in love with each other. That you can't deny. I mean there's hardly anything that feels any more natural, except for eating and sleeping of course. That doesn't change, no matter how much you scream about homosexual sex being wrong and unnatural.

And please don't equate gay sex with anal sex. It's not true even for gay men. And it makes you seem very prejudiced, whether you are or not. There's plenty of sick and unhealthy things straight couples do with each other (including anal sex, around 30% percent have had it), but you don't go around saying that all heterosexuals do those things.

[quote name='jckinsman']I have plenty of very loving relationships with woman, I do NOT have sex with these women.[/quote]

I'm sure you don't, but that's because you do not want to have sex with them. If you were gay, your love for one of them might grow even stronger. Until finally you would want to have sex with her.

So you are saying that those relationships that you have with women are like those of lesbian couples that don't have sex. That's like saying your relationship with your husband before you got married (I'm assuming you didn't have sex before marriage) was no different from your relationships with women. Or from relationships with other men for that matter. Obviously they are different, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten married with him.

[quote name='Sacred Music Man']Remember, love is fruitful. The outcome of love through sex is a child. That is the fruit. Otherwise, if fruit is not the intent, then it is just a way of using one another.[/quote]

That's hypocritical. Catholics don't have sex just to have children. Otherwise you wouldn't use NFP. Nor would you have sex during pregnancy.

Why aren't those just ways of using one another? Exactly: those couples are "sharing one another" or "giving each other". Do you honestly think that anyone that was truly in love could actually use that other person in any way to her own advantage?

[quote]Semalsia writes: But that's what all sex is, including heterosexual. Sex is about physical pleasure.[/quote]We, as Catholics do not believe that sex is all about pleasure. On the contrary, sex has two purposes. The first one being the creation of new life. The second one being the strengthening of the union between Husband and Wife.

Thus [b]any[/b] sexual act that is not open to both, the creation of new life, and the strengthening of the union between Husband and Wife is disordered.

[quote]That's hypocritical. Catholics don't have sex just to have children. Otherwise you wouldn't use NFP. Nor would you have sex during pregnancy.[/quote]

There is nothing that is "hypocritical" about the Catholic position. NFP is not contraception, although it can be used with a contraceptive mentality, and in such cases it is certainly a sin. The Church teaches that every sexual act must be open to procreation and at the same time, be unitive. Couples who use NFP because of grave circumstances are not contracepting, they are [b]abstaining[/b] during fertile periods. There is a difference.

NFP allows for couples to be open to life. The Catholic Church does not teach that every sexual act must produce life, only that it must be open to life.

[quote name='SJP']it can be used with a contraceptive mentality, and in such cases it is certainly a sin.[/quote]

That I didn't actually know.

[quote name='SJP']Couples who use NFP because of grave circumstances are not contracepting, they are abstaining during fertile periods. There is a difference.[/quote]

My point was that in those kind of situations they get exactly the same from sex as do gay couples, still you don't say they are "using each other". Even though they could easily abstain from all sex.

I don't deny anything,semalsia. I think that you ignore the fundamental truth of why God gave us the gift of sex. You look at it as a right and pleasure to be sought. I look at it as a sacred and holy act to be kept between a man and a woman. Look at the human body> The penis and the vagina were made for eachother during the act of intercourse. I do not deny that other couples have used Sodomy to "Get Off". I just Know the anatomy of two men or two women don't jive. Now with any kind of sex act in any given situation there are going to be all sorts of emotions involved. Its the draw from what is Holy and Sacred, taken into what is un-holy and desecrating! Deep Emotions,Do follow, I would say so! Yes!
So you are saying, by your non- discriminating passage, very carefully put about "love" growing deeper so much so that if I was gay, I would want that deep love to translate into Sacred Holy Sex!
Not Possible! Gay Sex will Never be that ! No matter what you say, to justify any kind of gay sex, It is not natural! It is certainly not Holy and by definition, not Sacred in any way. It can never be life giving. Therefore If the whole world was full of gay individuals,Gods plan of go forth and pro create was null and void,Right? because he "created" them Gay.Right? Or maybe he should have said " thoughs of you I did not make gay,go ahead and have a few kids". Or did he say somthing else about the times we live in now????
I know that different people such as yourself ,have had different experiances in life. You come to your own conclusions about things based on your particular lifestyles and circumstances. I would have to say that there is a heavy push for acceptance to the gay lifestyle.
I would have to say, I love the sinner, I hate the Sin. You do not see it as such. I do. I know there will be consequences for are actions. When it is to late, maybe then you will see too! I choose not to be blind! JC

[quote name='Semalsia' post='1289650' date='Jun 6 2007, 06:31 PM']That I didn't actually know.
My point was that in those kind of situations they get exactly the same from sex as do gay couples, still you don't say they are "using each other". Even though they could easily abstain from all sex.[/quote]
No, its not the same thing, because in the very nature of the act, between two gay individuals there is no "fertility" to begin with! Abstaining in certain circumstances,still is honoring what he created because we have not messed with it,we've worked within the signs of fertility that he gave to us. Not messing with any of what he created. Do you understand that? JC

[quote name='Semalsia' post='1289604' date='Jun 6 2007, 04:17 PM']And please don't equate gay sex with anal sex. It's not true even for gay men. And it makes you seem very prejudiced, whether you are or not. There's plenty of sick and unhealthy things straight couples do with each other (including anal sex, around 30% percent have had it), but you don't go around saying that all heterosexuals do those things.[/quote]
As Catholics we believe sodomy is sinful for "straights" too.

And homosexual men can only have anal sex and other forms of sodomy with one another.
And it is [i]impossible[/i] for two persons of the same sex to have natural, life-giving sexual intercourse with one-another. That's not prejudiced - that's just biological fact.

Edited by Socrates

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1282218' date='May 27 2007, 02:11 PM']It varies depending on the focus of the course and the age of the students.

The primary texts used in theology come mainly from the Fathers (e.g., St. Athanasios, the Cappadocians, St. Augustine, St. Maximos, St. John Damascene, et al.) and from the medieval theologians and philosophers (e.g., St. Bonaventure, St. Bernard, St. Thomas, St. Gregory Palamas, et al.).

The texts used in medieval history include both Christian and non-Christian sources (e.g., Boethius' [i]Contemplation of Philosophy[/i]; Procopius' [i]The Secret History[/i]; Einhard's history, [i]The Life of Charlemagne[/i]; the [i]Qu'ran[/i] and [i]Hadith[/i]; Maimonides [i]The Eight Chapters on Ethics[/i]; the [i]Magna Carta[/i]; and [i]The Creed of Ahmad ibn Hanbal[/i]; etc.).[/quote]

:hijack:

sorry to interrupt but your PM box is full.... do you teach in california? you don't teach at st. augustine academy do you? i only ask because i teach at their sister school, st. monica in pasadena and what you teach sounds an awful lot like our curriculum.

if not, thanks for your time! :)

/hijack

[color="#000080"]Jckinsman writes: GOD did NOT create Anal-Sex, we in our own disturbed minds did, as a form of "getting off".[/color]

Some people call this making love, even some heterosexual couples.

[color="#000080"]Jckinsman writes: That is what Sex has been reduced to"what you can do for me".[/color]

I understand that some people have these “sexpectations” as I understand that some people can misunderstand Love but I have also experienced that this is not the case for all relationships.

[color="#000080"]Jckinsman writes: God DID create us for love.[/color]

Then you can understand that our expression of love varies with each individual. That like snowflakes, no two loves are exactly equal.

[color="#000080"]Jckinsman writes: We are the ones that messed with it and I think people like you, want what you want, so your not going to tell anyone anything different. [/color]

I think it is important for everyone to define the kind of love that they will accept in their lives.

[color="#000080"]Jckinsman writes: Your motives are self-serving. Defending what is wrong by saying" God created it" is a cop-out for justifiying your own sins.[/color]

All I am demonstrating is that love is completely open ended. That it is not assigned to one’s opposite gender but that it can honestly be shared and returned by two (or more) consenting adults.

[color="#000080"]Jckinsman writes: God gave us all Free-Will and we DO have control over any behavior that we may have.[/color]

One cannot have rules, judgment and sentencing [b][i]and[/i][/b] the gift of free will. So which is it? Do we have the will to live and love freely or do we have the threat of a Supreme Being hanging over us?

[color="#000080"]Jckinsman writes: We are still a notch above animals,remember? [/color]

Animals don’t march off to war, so I think I just put us all on equal standing again.

[color="#000080"]Jckinsman writes: So by your statement above you are saying it DOES boil down to one thing, SEX.[/color]

No, what I am saying is that is boils down to Love and if sex is a way for two consenting adults to sincerely celebrate and extend that love to each other, who is anyone to judge dishonestly?

[color="#000080"]Jckinsman writes: I have plenty of very loving relationships with woman, I do NOT have sex with these women. My husband has loving relationships with other men and does NOT have sex with them. [/color]

Homosexuality is a preference and an individual’s choice. It may not be your choice, and it may not be mine but it is a lifestyle (that is not illegal) for other people.

[color="#000080"]Jckinsman writes: Homosexual sex is WRONG[/color]

Judging others is wrong.

[color="#000080"]Jckinsman writes: You will be held accountable in the end.[/color]

I am not sure that one could be held accountable for the collected explanations and reasonable deductions for the continuance of homosexuality. I don’t have the power to stop homosexuality, bi-sexuality or transsexuals even if I wanted to. If one has faith in a God, and if one has the faith that God is all-knowing and if one has faith that God has a serious problem or concern with alternative sexual preferences and if one has the faith that God has the power to stop these practices, it would probably have been best handled in the beginning when these activites started, not in the end. If you ask me, this is a great amount of faith for anyone to expend for something that they feel is so wrong in spite of any evidence from God that He feels the same way that they do.

[color="#000080"]Jckinsman writes: I look at it as a sacred and holy act to be kept between a man and a woman. Look at the human body>The penis and the vagina were made for eachother during the act of intercourse.[/color]

So with this line of reasoning rape between a man and a woman is acceptable. The parts all fit, the fluids still flow and a woman may still conceive a child so it must be a natural and sacred event.

[color="#000080"]Jckinsman writes: You do not see it as such. I do. I know there will be consequences for are actions.[/color]

I'm not sure you do know Jckinsman but am I willing to believe that you have put a lot of faith in it

Edited by carrdero

[quote name='jckinsman' post='1289125' date='Jun 5 2007, 10:46 PM']That is all Homosexual sex is LUST. You are correct!......but to Carderro this is meant to be are norm, we are to accept it a "Natural"[/quote]
Never did I admit that homosexuality was natural but I did refer repeatedly that it was not immoral. Just becasue something is Natural or Unnatural does not imply that it is right or wrong or that it even cares what we think.

Edited by carrdero

[quote name='Semalsia' post='1289604' date='Jun 6 2007, 05:17 PM']It would be foolish to try to deny that. But that's what all sex is, including heterosexual. Sex is about physical pleasure.

But you are ignoring all the deep emotions that make the attraction in the first place. Neither gay nor straight couples truly stay together just to have sex, just to feel that physical pleasure. Sex isn't required out of any relationships, it just comes very naturally to those that are in love with each other. That you can't deny. I mean there's hardly anything that feels any more natural, except for eating and sleeping of course. That doesn't change, no matter how much you scream about homosexual sex being wrong and unnatural.

And please don't equate gay sex with anal sex. It's not true even for gay men. And it makes you seem very prejudiced, whether you are or not. There's plenty of sick and unhealthy things straight couples do with each other (including anal sex, around 30% percent have had it), but you don't go around saying that all heterosexuals do those things.
I'm sure you don't, but that's because you do not want to have sex with them. If you were gay, your love for one of them might grow even stronger. Until finally you would want to have sex with her.

So you are saying that those relationships that you have with women are like those of lesbian couples that don't have sex. That's like saying your relationship with your husband before you got married (I'm assuming you didn't have sex before marriage) was no different from your relationships with women. Or from relationships with other men for that matter. Obviously they are different, otherwise you wouldn't have gotten married with him.
That's hypocritical. Catholics don't have sex just to have children. Otherwise you wouldn't use NFP. Nor would you have sex during pregnancy.

Why aren't those just ways of using one another? Exactly: those couples are "sharing one another" or "giving each other". Do you honestly think that anyone that was truly in love could actually use that other person in any way to her own advantage?[/quote]

Excellent observations and my apologies for repeating your valid points in Post #178 but I was reading and responding to the posts in the order that I received them.