Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Smoking.. Is It Gross Or Cool?


Recommended Posts

hyperdulia again
Posted

That is my problem...I know I'm addicted to niccotine, but the larger problem is this need to have something to do with my mouth...I could probably take up hummming and be done with the cancer sticks.

Re:Straw...I'm from Alabama now...I don't think of plastic when you say straw...:P

Posted

:P Wow! A thread I can relate to!

All of you have it much better than I do! I smoke 1 1/2-2 packs of cigarettes a day! If I drink it's more. (like 2). Addiction is nothing to take lightly! I wish I understood this better when I was younger, but I wasn't listening as most teens don't or at least THIS then-teen didn't!

I DID think though, after reading these posts, that I should try (not the first time I've had this thought), to moderate my behavior or trade my cigarettes for the OCCASIONAL Cigar or Pipe, but for me that's weird because I'm female so it's only something I'd do in my own home, and drink tea or something other than alcohol. I don't know why but alcohol and cigarettes go so well together! But since I live in California, I should treat my house like a bar and not be allowed to indulge both habits at the same time since in this state you have to go outside to smoke if you are at a bar and you can't take your drink with you! :lol: - Muschi

Posted

I cant stand being around cigarette smoke. it makes your clothes reek too

Posted

I occasionally smoke cigs, generally only if I'm drinking or really stressed. I do enjoy smoking a pipe once a week or so, even though I'm a woman and not really very good at keeping it lit. I love the smell of it, much better than cigarettes.

cmotherofpirl
Posted

I have asthma, so cigeratte smoke about kills me.It is a continual battle here becasue both my sons smoke a pack a day. :(

Posted

smoking will kill you. For every time you light up tell yourself that you wanted to die seven minutes earlier.

Posted

I wouldn't say its cool but I do it. I smoke 20 most days but if I'm drinking its more. I've never really thought about quitting it doesn't really bother me.

Posted

i gave my brother Nicorette for Christmas... and guilted him by tellin him it cost me FIFTY DOLLARS... so hopefully he'll quit! :cool:

<i hate smoke... :ph34r: >

Posted

smoking will kill you. For every time you light up tell yourself that you wanted to die seven minutes earlier.

Wow . . . and you get to heaven that much quicker too!

No, I'm kidding. I don't smoke cigarettes, but all of my Italian friends do. In fact, its so normal now that I don't even start breathing funny anymore.

I do smoke Cigars and pipes. I enjoy both. I don't do either everyday (but I probably would if I could afford good Cigars everyday).

Why is it that countries like Italy don't have the highest emphyzema rates? Or lung cancer. Smoking is like breathing over there.

Posted

Why is it that countries like Italy don't have the highest emphyzema rates? Or lung cancer. Smoking is like breathing over there.

I am willing to bet they don't put all the nasty junk into their cigs like we do here, all the preservatives and what not.

Posted

I have a cigarette story.

A long time ago, I worked in nursing. I worked on floor that handled Orthopedics, Oncology and Med-Surg (it was a small hospital). Oncology, for those of you who don't know, is for cancer treatment. One patient I took care of was a smoker and lung cancer victim. He was always having problems breathing and was barely able to speak. When he could speak, it was in a very horse, raspy voice. When he couldn't speak, he used a pen and paper. One day I was in his room taking his vital signs. After removing the thermometer from his mouth, he looked up at me with concern in his eyes and spoke in the clearest voice I had ever heard him use. He asked me, "Marc, do you smoke?" I told him I didn't. He said, "Don't start." Since he died the next day, I never started.

Posted

I meant the second grade thang kk. :lol: I wish i was hypers weight right now. Man That would take atkins times 50. and a diet pepsi.

fo sheezeee....I always wanted to be able to compliment a guy without him worrying about whether I was hitting on him or not...so i thought i'd test it out.

BTW...nicorette is nasty and the patch will send shooting pains in your arm regardless what those pharmacists will tell you.

:unsure:

Posted

fo sheezeee....I always wanted to be able to compliment a guy without him worrying about whether I was hitting on him or not...so i thought i'd test it out.

BTW...nicorette is nasty and the patch will send shooting pains in your arm regardless what those pharmacists will tell you.

:unsure:

ah well, my bro needs some penance... he doesn't even try to be a good boy at colledge :ph34r:

Posted

Just a thought: Is smoking a sin? Isn't it like long term suicide..? Isn't being addicted equivalent to being in a bondage(of sin?)?

Posted

I used to smoke only when I went drinking. But since our city decided we can no longer smoke in bars or restaurants, I haven't smoked since.

Posted

i'm trying to get my hubby to quit smoking. i hate it.

Posted

i'm trying to get my hubby to quit smoking. i hate it.

you have a hubby? for some reason, i was thinking that you were rather young.....

Posted

you have a hubby? for some reason, i was thinking that you were rather young.....

:lol: no, i'm 25.

tell me i'm young when i'm 30! :lol:

hyperdulia again
Posted

KK why would I just asume you aren't hitting on me...do you not think me beauuuuutiful....:sadder:

j/k

no I'm not.

Posted

I thought she was hittin on ya last night.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...