An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Difference?

Akalyte

What's the difference between protestants who are obsessed with interpreting future events in the bible and pagans who use crystal balls and pagan rituals to tell the future? Protestants consider catholics pagans yet protestants are obsessed with telling the future using the bible. Although Christ says no one but the Father knows the time and what is to come. So come on, whats the difference? I know the first answer will be, well were Christians! Then why are you trying to tell the future and control people and situations as if your using magic like pagans?

Groo the Wanderer

...and I doubt they are using a crystal Bible...

They are just curious...Since they don't have the full deposit of faith and they don't have Tradition to guide them, they get obsessed with the endtimes and make up fanciful stories about it. Sells a lot of books too...

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1298123' date='Jun 18 2007, 08:47 PM']Well, I would say first off... Most Protestants aren't trying to do any such thing.[/quote]

ummm turn on TBN (trinity broadcasting network) read the left behind books and read jack chick. These people pick up the bible and turn to Revelation as if its the only book in the bible.

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1298130' date='Jun 18 2007, 08:50 PM']ummm turn on TBN (trinity broadcasting network) read the left behind books and read jack chick. These people pick up the bible and turn to Revelation as if its the only book in the bible. they are obsessed with so called future events like pagans are.[/quote]

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1298130' date='Jun 18 2007, 07:50 PM']ummm turn on TBN (trinity broadcasting network) read the left behind books and read jack chick. These people pick up the bible and turn to Revelation as if its the only book in the bible.[/quote]
I doubt if anybody in the TBN has read the bible lately. I don't watch such rubbish. All this Pre-trib nonsense.

It is lead by Satan himself, to decieve Christidom, because he hates us, and wants to make humanity suffer.

I wouldn't read the Left Behind series, it is just as bad as the Da Vinci Code carp being pushed down our throats.

We're no wear near the appearance of the Anti-Christ yet. Things have happened yet, like the later day out pouring and the regeneration of Spiritual Israel.

What most Protestants don't understand, is that we have to go through the tribulation, because God needs to have a reason to pass judgement on the evils of Spiritual Babylon that has invaded this world.

I don't get the big deal about trying to know the future. I'm just going to raise my kids to love, know and serve God. That is good enough for our generation because most have lost sight of that. Time to bring it back.

[indent]What future event - in particular -they used the bible as guide in future telling? I hope they are listening now in this discussion.[/indent]

hoosieranna

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1298199' date='Jun 18 2007, 08:56 PM']I don't get the big deal about trying to know the future. I'm just going to raise my kids to love, know and serve God. That is good enough for our generation because most have lost sight of that. Time to bring it back.[/quote]

Agreed. (As for a crystal Bible, cool!)

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1298130' date='Jun 18 2007, 06:50 PM']ummm turn on TBN (trinity broadcasting network) read the left behind books and read jack chick. These people pick up the bible and turn to Revelation as if its the only book in the bible.[/quote]

These are Word of Faith also known as Prosperity Doctrine Protestants, and are definately not the majority. If you're attempting to put all Protestants into that bubble, you're extremely over stereotyping an entire demographic of people, as most traditional Lutherans for example, wouldn't even remotely like to be put into that bubble.

Reza

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1298314' date='Jun 19 2007, 03:20 AM']These are Word of Faith also known as Prosperity Doctrine Protestants, and are definately not the majority. If you're attempting to put all Protestants into that bubble, you're extremely over stereotyping an entire demographic of people, as most traditional Lutherans for example, wouldn't even remotely like to be put into that bubble.

Reza[/quote]
agreed

Yeah some Protestants are like Catholics and dont believe Bible Prophecy...
[quote]
Protestants consider catholics pagans yet protestants are obsessed with telling the future using the bible.[/quote]This is the silliest thing Ive ever heard.

The reason you folks are being fooled by the interfaith movement and love and promotion of UN and Global Spirituality is because of your ignorance and disbelief in Bible Prophecy,.

So the apostles were WRONG to say prophecy was a gift?

This just doesnt make sense.
[quote]
1Cr 12:10 To another the working of miracles; [b]to another prophecy;[/b] to another discerning of spirits; to another [divers] kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:[/quote]

I feel sorry for those who do not believe in Bible Prophecy.

[quote name='Budge' post='1298589' date='Jun 19 2007, 05:16 PM']Yeah some Protestants are like Catholics and dont believe Bible Prophecy...
This is the silliest thing Ive ever heard.

The reason you folks are being fooled by the interfaith movement and love and promotion of UN and Global Spirituality is because of your ignorance and disbelief in Bible Prophecy,.

So the apostles were WRONG to say prophecy was a gift?

This just doesnt make sense.
I feel sorry for those who do not believe in Bible Prophecy.[/quote]

There's a difference between bible prophecy and trying to use the bible like a crystal ball, and being obsessed with telling the future with it. I didnt say the apostles were wrong, I would never say such a thing. I'm saying you and your thumpers are wrong. There's a HUGE difference between the apostles and you and your thumper s trust me.

I'm currently reading something about revelation ill post something more meaningful soon.

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1298314' date='Jun 19 2007, 05:20 AM']These are Word of Faith also known as Prosperity Doctrine Protestants, and are definately not the majority. If you're attempting to put all Protestants into that bubble, you're extremely over stereotyping an entire demographic of people, as most traditional Lutherans for example, wouldn't even remotely like to be put into that bubble.

Reza[/quote]

well there all heretics to me so i wouldnt care. :)

Apocalypse was not written to satisfy idle curiosity about the future. It was not written to contradict our Lord's own words about the last times,"of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but the father only" (Mt 24:36). And "you do not know at what hour your Lord is to come" (v.42). It was not written to provide a blueprint by which a person of ingenuity could plot the future course and destiny of peoples and nations down into our present time. (people have, it is true, dreadfully misused the Apocalypse in this way for countless generations, and invariably they have found it's "revelation" playing out just as it reaches their lifetime-it is easier, it seems, to fit prophecy into the convenient mold of the past which is known than to be equally sure of the future.) Above all, it was not written to frighten us, to cause us to despair, but to console and reassure faith.

we are not so optimistic as to think that any amount of common sense words on the Apocalypse will keep it from being misused by those who have made it (or rather, their misunderstanding of it) the essence of their religion and life. It has too long afforded curious souls that thrill of "sacred fortune telling" by juggling the numbers and symbols which they do not in the least understand, making them mean what they want them to mean, and then confidently serving result up as "God's word". It has been too long a gold mine for the lunatic fringe, the idle, the curious, those who are more interested in their neighbors' sins than their own, and those who have a singular pleasure in thinking themselves irremediably "saved" while a countless number of their fellow men are irremediably "lost". for all this to be given up without a struggle . The Apocalypse will continue, probably until the end of time, to be a writing"which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other scriptures" (2 Peter 3:16)

Edited by Akalyte