An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Difference?

Akalyte

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1298199' date='Jun 18 2007, 08:56 PM']I don't get the big deal about trying to know the future. I'm just going to raise my kids to love, know and serve God. That is good enough for our generation because most have lost sight of that. Time to bring it back.[/quote]
Agreed.

Most have lost sight of that, because we see Paris Hilton, and Britney Speared, and Jessica Simpson being ungodly, and we think they are cool. I feel sorry for them.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1298862' date='Jun 20 2007, 06:53 AM']well there all heretics to me so i wouldnt care. :)[/quote]

That might be, but rather then over categorize a gigantic demographic of people, you should seperate them, as not to judge people according to false accusations. Saying that every protestant believe and practice, what those Word of Faith/Prosperity doctrine heretics believe isn't bringing light to the darkness, it's more like bathing in ignorance.

Desert Woman [the individual that told me about this forum] is a Protestant, but wouldn't allow herself to be categorized in that TBN Bubble, and to place the same judgement upon her, would seriously be wrong, not to mention it wouldn't be bringing her closer to Catholicism.

Just for clarification, if you don't care, then you shouldn't have started such a thread to begin with... but it's obvious that you do care.

Reza

Edited by RezaLemmyng

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1299171' date='Jun 20 2007, 09:41 PM']That might be, but rather then over categorize a gigantic demographic of people, you should seperate them, as not to judge people according to false accusations. Saying that every protestant believe and practice, what those Word of Faith/Prosperity doctrine heretics believe isn't bringing light to the darkness, it's more like bathing in ignorance.

Desert Woman [the individual that told me about this forum] is a Protestant, but wouldn't allow herself to be categorized in that TBN Bubble, and to place the same judgement upon her, would seriously be wrong, not to mention it wouldn't be bringing her closer to Catholicism.

Just for clarification, if you don't care, then you shouldn't have started such a thread to begin with... but it's obvious that you do care.

Reza[/quote]
Bravo,

Truly you shall be blessed by the father for such a loving attitude.

Want to learn something about God. He doesn't care what Christian Denomination your are, he sent his son so that humanity could be redeemed. It's just religious bigots can't see that.

Jesus told the Apostles not to forbid anybody casting out devils in his name even if they weren't following Jesus like the Apostles were. Why, because they were doing his work as well. That is a reminder to every religious bigot out there. If people are calling out to the name of the Lord, and desire God to save them, God saves them. I would say Akalyte will be quite surprised by all the Protestants in heaven, but I don't think he will have to worry too much about that, if he keeps his bigoted attitude which prevents people from coming to the truth of the gospel, because he adds onto what is needed, he will never have to worry about seeing Protestants in heaven.

[quote name='God said in Matthew 7:1-2' date=' KJV']Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Good piece of discernment though Reza.[/quote]

Calling someone a heretic, brings the same judgement unto yourself. Let God sort out who is going to heaven and who is not.

RezaMikhaeil

Thou I'd like to accept credit for these words, displaying genuine love for my fellow Christians in humanity, I can't really take credit for it, since it was St. John Chrysostom that inspired it. As he wrote that we should never go around condemning individuals as "heretics", just because we don't agree with them religiously, but we should condemn institutions that lead the children of God astry, not the children of God themselves.

Reza

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1299403' date='Jun 21 2007, 08:00 AM']Thou I'd like to accept credit for these words, displaying genuine love for my fellow Christians in humanity, I can't really take credit for it, since it was St. John Chrysostom that inspired it. As he wrote that we should never go around condemning individuals as "heretics", just because we don't agree with them religiously, but we should condemn institutions that lead the children of God astry, not the children of God themselves.

Reza[/quote]
I didn't know that was the person you were trying to emulate, but still, you would not be living that way, unless the spirit testified that to you, which shows you are a born again christian.

Akaylte maybe religious, but his words are filled with contempt and hatred. He has a good heart though, from what I read about his desire to fight the coming darkness, to which I commend him for, at least it shows God's conviction of right and wrong. Maybe, one day, God will one day come into his life, and humble him to have brotherly love for all peoples, and show forth the love of his father.

I haven't commented on your thread about filming a music video in front of a Abortion clinic, but I think the first part is cool. Public Property is Public Property. But inside, probably not a great idea.

i dont hate. I dislike and I'm rigid. I understand not everyone one should be thrown in the same category but it all seems the same.

I agree with those who have said that most Protestants are not using the Bible to tell the future. The ones who are... well, let's just pray for 'em. It seems a lack of trust in Divine Providence would motivate that.

The main rule in dealing with Protestants and TV preachers: 10% of the population makes 90% of the noise.

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1299657' date='Jun 21 2007, 09:08 PM']i dont hate. I dislike and I'm rigid. I understand not everyone one should be thrown in the same category but it all seems the same.[/quote]
My experience, there are decievers, like the Jack Van Impes, and the guy who wrote the Left Behind series, and Jack Chick, and Schofield and Darby. They are heretics, and they will have to face the fury of God for their blasphamies of the future, and how it unravels.

Then there are the decieved. Not all decieved are damned to hell, because they are obeying what they have been taught by others. If trust in the saviours life, death, and resurrection, and they have given their obedience to Jesus Christ, they are saved.

Then there are the ones coming out of deception, and all of us are still decieved on a few things, guareenteed, but are starting to unravel the deceptions, and helping others to understand.

You're a new convert too, a year or two in believe you told me. You need a little bit of mentorship, that's all. I've been serving God, starting at "My Heretic" Church about 9 years ago. The day I repented of my sins, and was baptized in the holy and exalted name of our beautiful Lord, God, Redeemer, and Saviour Jesus Christ - which was Feb 8th, 1998.

Remember, we are all in the body of Christ, and hopefully, we will learn how to listen to the voice of God, and obey him by reading the scriptures everyday. I think of the bible as two things, one is to learn how to live ones life every day, while at the same time, giving us expectations of what is to come for those who are truly living in the spirit, that way we can navigate through this world with ease, like we are just passing through.

Jesus did command us to know the signs of the times. I don't know exact dates on anything. I know for a fact, nobody does. But I can see the signs and follow them.

That is why I am not so upset and afraid when I hear stuff like War in Iran. The ones who have decided we are to go to another war to fight for Gold, Oil, and Drugs, their god, will soon have the True God of Israel pass judgment on them for their disobeidence to him.

And since every murder (a life ended unnaturally) is the responsibility of the Whore of Babylon, I can say without a doubt, the one who wants this war in Iran is the Whore or Babylon.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1299657' date='Jun 21 2007, 08:08 PM']i dont hate. I dislike and I'm rigid. I understand not everyone one should be thrown in the same category but it all seems the same.[/quote]

What's kinda interesting is that alot of the outside world views Roman Catholics like this too.... a few priests molest children, "they all do that". I believe it was Rosie O'Donnell that made a statement like this on her television program. Over Stereotypes and judgements of hatred like that, that have a clear agenda that isn't found in the teachings of Jesus Christ are wrong and there's no excuse for it.

Reza

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1299736' date='Jun 22 2007, 12:58 AM']What's kinda interesting is that alot of the outside world views Roman Catholics like this too.... a few priests molest children, "they all do that". I believe it was Rosie O'Donnell that made a statement like this on her television program. Over Stereotypes and judgements of hatred like that, that have a clear agenda that isn't found in the teachings of Jesus Christ are wrong and there's no excuse for it.

Reza[/quote]
I guareentee the priests who are doing this are just saying they are Christian. Remember the parable of the wheat and the tares. The wheat is the believers, and amongst them, the devil puts his 'children' into their midst. These wolves in sheeps clothing are coming to make a bad name for any Christian Group.

So Rosie is just quick to judge, because she doesn't know the word of God. Those evil satanic men who profess to believe and serve the Christ need some old testament judgement passed on them. I say, we find each and every monster who destroys every young child and behead them in front of everybody on national television!

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='GodChaser' post='1299785' date='Jun 22 2007, 07:45 AM']I guareentee the priests who are doing this are just saying they are Christian. Remember the parable of the wheat and the tares. The wheat is the believers, and amongst them, the devil puts his 'children' into their midst. These wolves in sheeps clothing are coming to make a bad name for any Christian Group.

So Rosie is just quick to judge, because she doesn't know the word of God. Those evil satanic men who profess to believe and serve the Christ need some old testament judgement passed on them. I say, we find each and every monster who destroys every young child and behead them in front of everybody on national television![/quote]

I think that it's a quick lesson [as I gave to brother A] that we shouldn't judge an entire demographic, just because of a few bad applies.

[quote]Apocalypse was not written to satisfy idle curiosity about the future. It was not written to contradict our Lord's own words about the last times,"of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but the father only" (Mt 24:36). And "you do not know at what hour your Lord is to come" (v.42). It was not written to provide a blueprint by which a person of ingenuity could plot the future course and destiny of peoples and nations down into our present time. (people have, it is true, dreadfully misused the Apocalypse in this way for countless generations, and invariably they have found it's "revelation" playing out just as it reaches their lifetime-it is easier, it seems, to fit prophecy into the convenient mold of the past which is known than to be equally sure of the future.) Above all, it was not written to frighten us, to cause us to despair, but to console and reassure faith.[/quote]It was written to PREPARE and warn Christians for the deceptions of the last days and have them look forward to the second coming of Christ. If you do not take its warnings and preparations seriously, you are left with being deceived. In fact one main thing I post about here all the time, the interfaith movement is warned of in Revelation, and because Catholics are told not to look to Revelation as describing the last days--most here discount what Revelation warns about there, though I run into the occasional Catholic who believes in that we are close to the last days and who takes Revelation more seriously. My Catholic family is actually pre-trib from me, LOL, they dont even know what amillenialism IS...;)

Actually there is nothing wrong with frightening people, yeah, does that shock you...if being afraid of hell gets someone on the road to being saved...no problem there.

[quote]

we are not so optimistic as to think that any amount of common sense words on the Apocalypse will keep it from being misused by those who have made it (or rather, their misunderstanding of it) the essence of their religion and life.[/quote]

Its part of the Bible isnt it?

Revelation is why I know no G8 and United Nations is going to make a utopia of the planet unlike the Vatican.

Revelation is why ALL my hope is in JESUS CHRIST NOT in this world..

The difference here is that I believe the happenings in Revelation will actually happen {yes I know some are written in figurative languge} while many Catholics have allegorized the book into nothingness.

The 300 prophecies that point to Jesus Christ in the OT, REALLY happened.

and so will REVELATION.

[quote name='Budge' post='1299921' date='Jun 22 2007, 04:42 PM']It was written to PREPARE and warn Christians for the deceptions of the last days and have them look forward to the second coming of Christ. If you do not take its warnings and preparations seriously, you are left with being deceived. In fact one main thing I post about here all the time, the interfaith movement is warned of in Revelation, and because Catholics are told not to look to Revelation as describing the last days--most here discount what Revelation warns about there, though I run into the occasional Catholic who believes in that we are close to the last days and who takes Revelation more seriously. My Catholic family is actually pre-trib from me, LOL, they dont even know what amillenialism IS...;)

Actually there is nothing wrong with frightening people, yeah, does that shock you...if being afraid of hell gets someone on the road to being saved...no problem there.

Its part of the Bible isnt it?

Revelation is why I know no G8 and United Nations is going to make a utopia of the planet unlike the Vatican.

Revelation is why ALL my hope is in JESUS CHRIST NOT in this world..
The difference here is that I believe the happenings in Revelation will actually happen {yes I know some are written in figurative languge} while many Catholics have allegorized the book into nothingness.

The 300 prophecies that point to Jesus Christ in the OT, REALLY happened.

and so will REVELATION.[/quote]
Catholics don't deny the truths in Revelation as you think. We just arent obsessed with the book like you and your fundy friends. Besides who are you to tell us anything. The bible came out of our church not yours. :) We also have the whole bible to enjoy, not just the last book. Gotta go now, i dont have time to talk to the wall.

Edited by Akalyte