An Old School Catholic Message Board

The 150 Psalms

Resurrexi

Psalm 73

Ut quid, Deus. A prayer of the church under grievous persecutions.

73:1. Understanding for Asaph. O God, why hast thou cast us off unto the end: why is thy wrath enkindled against the sheep of thy pasture?
[color="#808080"]Eruditionis Asaph ut quid Deus reppulisti in finem fumavit furor tuus in gregem pascuae tuae[/color]

73:2. Remember thy congregation, which thou hast possessed from the beginning. The sceptre of thy inheritance which thou hast redeemed: mount Sion in which thou hast dwelt.
[color="#808080"]Recordare congregationis tuae quam possedisti ab initio et redemisti virgam hereditatis tuae montis Sion in quo habitasti[/color]

73:3. Lift up thy hands against their pride unto the end; see what things the enemy hath done wickedly in the sanctuary.
[color="#808080"]Sublimitas pedum tuorum dissipata est usque ad finem omnia mala egit inimicus in sanctuario[/color]

73:4. And they that hate thee have made their boasts, in the midst of thy solemnity. They have set up their ensigns for signs,
[color="#808080"]Fremuerunt hostes tui in medio pacti tui posuerunt signa sua in tropeum[/color]
[size=1][color="#C0C0C0"]Their ensigns, etc... They have fixed their colours for signs and trophies, both on the gates, and on the highest top of the temple: and they knew not, that is, they regarded not the sanctity of the place. This psalm manifestly foretells the time of the Machabees, and the profanation of the temple by Antiochus.[/color][/size]

73:5. And they knew not both in the going out and on the highest top. As with axes in a wood of trees,
[color="#808080"]Manifesta in introitu desuper in saltu lignorum secures[/color]

73:6. They have cut down at once the gates thereof, with axe and hatchet they have brought it down.
[color="#808080"]Et nunc scalpturas eius pariter bipinne et dolatoriis deraserunt[/color]

73:7. They have set fire to thy sanctuary: they have defiled the dwelling place of thy name on the earth.
[color="#808080"]Miserunt ignem in sanctuarium tuum in terram contaminaverunt habitaculum nominis tui[/color]

73:8. They said in their heart, the whole kindred of them together: Let us abolish all the festival days of God from the land.
[color="#808080"]Dixerunt in cordibus suis posteri eorum simul incenderunt omnes sollemnitates Dei in terra[/color]

73:9. Our signs we have not seen, there is now no prophet: and he will know us no more.
[color="#808080"]Signa nostra non vidimus non est ultra propheta et non est nobiscum qui sciat usquequo[/color]

73:10. How long, O God, shall the enemy reproach: is the adversary to provoke thy name for ever?
[color="#808080"]Usquequo Deus exprobrabit adversarius blasphemabit inimicus nomen tuum in finem[/color]

73:11. Why dost thou turn away thy hand: and thy right hand out of the midst of thy bosom for ever?
[color="#808080"]Quare convertis manum tuam et dexteram tuam ad medium sinum tuum consume[/color]

73:12. But God is our king before ages: he hath wrought salvation in the midst of the earth.
[color="#808080"]Deus autem rex meus ab initio operatur salutes in medio terrae[/color]

73:13. Thou by thy strength didst make the sea firm: thou didst crush the heads of the dragons in the waters.
[color="#808080"]Tu dissipasti in fortitudine tua mare contrivisti capita draconum in aquis[/color]
[size=1][color="#C0C0C0"]The sea firm... By making the waters of the Red Sea stand like firm walls, whilst Israel passed through: and destroying the Egyptians called here dragons from their cruelty, in the same waters, with their king: casting up their bodies on the shore to be stripped by the Ethiopians inhabiting in those days the coast of Arabia.[/color][/size]

73:14. Thou hast broken the heads of the dragon: thou hast given him to be meat for the people of the Ethiopians.
[color="#808080"]Tu confregisti capita Leviathan dedisti eum in escam populo Aethiopum[/color]

73:15. Thou hast broken up the fountains and the torrents: thou hast dried up the Ethan rivers.
[color="#808080"]Tu disrupisti fontem et torrentem tu exsiccasti flumina fortia[/color]
[size=1][color="#C0C0C0"]Ethan rivers... That is, rivers which run with strong streams. This was verified in Jordan (Joshua 3) and in Arnon (Numbers 21:14).[/color][/size]

73:16. Thine is the day, and thine is the night: thou hast made the morning light and the sun.
[color="#808080"]Tua est dies et tua est nox tu ordinasti luminaria et solem[/color]

73:17. Thou hast made all the borders of the earth: the summer and the spring were formed by thee.
[color="#808080"]Tu statuisti omnes terminos terrae aestatem et hiemem tu plasmasti[/color]

73:18. Remember this, the enemy hath reproached the Lord: and a foolish people hath provoked thy name.
[color="#808080"]Memento huius inimicus exprobravit Domino et populus insipiens blasphemavit nomen tuum[/color]

73:19. Deliver not up to beasts the souls that confess to thee: and forget not to the end the souls of thy poor.
[color="#808080"]Ne tradas bestiis animam eruditam lege tua vitae pauperum tuorum ne obliviscaris in perpetuum[/color]

73:20. Have regard to thy covenant: for they that are the obscure of the earth have been filled with dwellings of iniquity.
[color="#808080"]Respice ad pactum quia repletae sunt tenebris terrae habitationes iniquae subrutae[/color]
[size=1][color="#C0C0C0"]The obscure of the earth... Mean and ignoble wretches have been filled, that is, enriched, with houses of iniquity, that is, with our estates and possessions, which they have unjustly acquired.[/color][/size]

73:21. Let not the humble be turned away with confusion: the poor and needy shall praise thy name.
[color="#808080"]Ne revertatur confractus et confusus egenus et pauper laudabunt nomen tuum[/color]

73:22. Arise, O God, judge thy own cause: remember thy reproaches with which the foolish man hath reproached thee all the day.
[color="#808080"]Surge Deus iudica causam tuam memento obprobrii tui ab insipiente tota die[/color]

73:23. Forget not the voices of thy enemies: the pride of them that hate thee ascendeth continually.
[color="#808080"]Ne obliviscaris vocis hostium tuorum sonitus adversariorum tuorum ascendit iugiter[/color]

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Psalms 73:
1  A psalm for Asaph. How good is God to Israel, to them that are of a right heart!
2  But my feet were almost moved; my steps had well nigh slipped.
3  Because I had a zeal on occasion of the wicked, seeing the prosperity of sinners.
4  For there is no regard to their death, nor is there strength in their stripes.
5  They are not in the labour of men: neither shall they be scourged like other men.
6  Therefore pride hath held them fast: they are covered with their iniquity and their wickedness.
7  Their iniquity hath come forth, as it were from fatness: they have passed into the affection of the heart.
8  They have thought and spoken wickedness: they have spoken iniquity on high.
9  They have set their mouth against heaven: and their tongue hath passed through the earth.
10  Therefore will my people return here and full days shall be found in them.
11  And they said: How doth God know? and is there knowledge in the most High?
12  Behold these are sinners; and yet abounding in the world they have obtained riches.
13  And I said: Then have I in vain justified my heart, and washed my hands among the innocent.
14  And I have been scourged all the day; and my chastisement hath been in the mornings.
15  If I said: I will speak thus; behold I should condemn the generation of thy children.
16  I studied that I might know this thing, it is a labour in my sight:
17  Until I go into the sanctuary of God, and understand concerning their last ends.
18  But indeed for deceits thou hast put it to them: when they were lifted up thou hast cast them down.
19  How are they brought to desolation? they have suddenly ceased to be: they have perished by reason of their iniquity.
20  As the dream of them that awake, O Lord; so in thy city thou shalt bring their image to nothing.
21  For my heart hath been inflamed, and my reins have been changed:
22  and I am brought to nothing, and I knew not.
23  I am become as a beast before thee: and I am always with thee.
24  Thou hast held me by my right hand; and by thy will thou hast conducted me, and with thy glory thou hast received me.
25  For what have I in heaven? and besides thee what do I desire upon earth?

• 2 weeks later...

Psalm 74

Confitebimur tibi. There is a just judgment to come: therefore let the wicked take care.

74:1. Unto the end, corrupt not, a psalm of a canticle for Asaph.
Victori ut non disperdas psalmus Asaph cantici

Corrupt not... It is believed to have been the beginning of some ode or hymn, to the tune of which this psalm was to be sung. St. Augustine and other fathers take it to be an admonition of the spirit of God, not to faint or fail in our hope: but to persevere with constancy in good: because God will not fail in his due time to render to every man according to his works.

74:2. We will praise thee, O God: we will praise, and we will call upon thy name. We will relate thy wondrous works:
Confitebimur tibi Deus confitebimur et iuxta nomen tuum narrabunt mirabilia tua

74:3. When I shall take a time, I will judge justices.
Cum accepero tempus ego iustitias iudicabo

When I shall take a time... In proper times: particularly at the last day, when the earth shall melt away at the presence of the great Judge: the same who originally laid the foundations of it, and as it were established its pillars.

74:4. The earth is melted, and all that dwell therein: I have established the pillars thereof.
Dissolvetur terra cum omnibus habitatoribus suis ego adpendi columnas eius semper

74:5. I said to the wicked: Do not act wickedly: and to the sinners: Lift not up the horn.
Dixi inique agentibus nolite inique agere et impiis nolite exaltare cornu

74:6. Lift not up your horn on high: speak not iniquity against God.
Nolite exaltare in excelsum cornu vestrum loquentes in cervice veteri

74:7. For neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the desert hills:
Quia nec ab oriente neque ab occidente neque a solitudine montium

74:8. For God is the judge. One he putteth down, and another he lifteth up:
Sed Deus iudex hunc humiliabit et hunc exaltabit

74:9. For in the hand of the Lord there is a cup of strong wine full of mixture. And he hath poured it out from this to that: but the dregs thereof are not emptied: all the sinners of the earth shall drink.
Quia calix in manu Domini est et vino meraco usque ad plenum mixtus et propinabit ex eo verumtamen feces eius epotabunt bibentes omnes impii terrae

74:10. But I will declare for ever: I will sing to the God of Jacob.
Ego autem adnuntiabo in sempiternum cantabo Deo Iacob

74:11. And I will break all the horns of sinners: but the horns of the just shall be exalted.
Et omnia cornua impiorum confringam exaltabuntur cornua iusti

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

[b]Psalms 75:[/b]

1  Unto the end, corrupt not, a psalm of a canticle for Asaph.
2  We will praise thee, O God: we will praise, and we will call upon thy name. We will relate thy wondrous works:
3  when I shall take a time, I will judge justices.
4  The earth is melted, and all that dwell therein: I have established the pillars thereof.
5  I said to the wicked: Do not act wickedly: and to the sinners: Lift not up the horn.
6  Lift not up your horn on high: speak not iniquity against God.
7  For neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the desert hills:
8  for God is the judge. One he putteth down, and another he lifteth up:
9  for in the hand of the Lord there is a cup of strong wine full of mixture. And he hath poured it out from this to that: but the dregs thereof are not emptied: all the sinners of the earth shall drink.
10  But I will declare for ever: I will sing to the God of Jacob.
11  And I will break all the horns of sinners: but the horns of the just shall be exalted.

[b]Psalms 76:[/b]

1  Unto the end, in praises, a psalm for Asaph: a canticle to the Assyrians.
2  In Judea God is known: his name is great in Israel.
3  And his place is in peace: and his abode in Sion:
4  There hath he broken the powers of bows, the shield, the sword, and the battie.
5  Thou enlightenest wonderfully from the everlasting hills.
6  All the foolish of heart were troubled. They have slept their sleep; and all the men of riches have found nothing in their hands.
7  At thy rebuke, O God of Jacob, they have all slumbered that mounted on horseback.
8  Thou art terrible, and who shall resist thee? from that time thy wrath.
9  Thou hast caused judgment to be heard from heaven: the earth trembled and was still,
10  When God arose in judgment, to save all the meek of the earth.
11  For the thought of man shall give praise to thee: and the remainders of the thought shall keep holiday to thee.
12  Vow ye, and pay to the Lord your God: all you that are round about him bring presents. To him that is terrible,
13  even to him who taketh away the spirit of princes: to the terrible with the kings of the earth.

[b]Psalms 77:[/b]

1  Unto the end, for Idithun, a psalm of Asaph.
2  I cried to the Lord with my voice; to God with my voice, and he gave ear to me.
3  In the day of my trouble I sought God, with my hands lifted up to him in the night, and I was not deceived. My soul refused to be comforted:
4  I remembered God, and was delighted, and was exercised, and my spirit swooned away.
5  My eyes prevented the watches: I was troubled, and I spoke not.
6  I thought upon the days of old: and I had in my mind the eternal years.
7  And I meditated in the night with my own heart: and I was exercised and I swept my spirit.
8  Will God then cast off for ever? or will he never be more favourable again?
9  Or will he cut off his mercy for ever, from generation to generation?
10  Or will God forget to shew mercy? or will he in his anger shut up his mercies?
11  And I said, Now have I begun: this is the change of the right hand of the most High.
12  I remembered the works of the Lord: for I will be mindful of thy wonders from the beginning.

[b]Psalms 78:[/b]

1  Understanding for Asaph. Attend, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words of my mouth.
2  I will open my mouth in parables: I will utter propositions from the beginning.
3  How great things have we heard and known, and our fathers have told us.
4  They have not been hidden from their children, in another generation. Declaring the praises of the Lord, and his powers, and his wonders which he hath done.
5  And he set up a testimony in Jacob: and made a law in Israel. How great things he commanded our fathers, that they should make the same known to their children:
6  that another generation might know them. The children that should be born and should rise up, and declare them to their children.
7  That they may put their hope in God and may not forget the works of God: and may seek his commandments.
8  That they may not become like their fathers, a perverse end exasperating generation. A generation that set not their heart aright: and whose spirit was not faithful to God.
9  The sons of Ephraim who bend and shoot with the bow: they have turned back in the day of battle.
10  They kept not the covenant of God: and in his law they would not walk.
11  And they forgot his benefits, and his wonders that he had shewn them.
12  Wonderful things did he do in the sight of their fathers, in the land of Egypt, in the field of Tanis.
13  He divided the sea and brought them through: and he made the waters to stand as in a vessel.
14  And he conducted them with a cloud by day: and all the night with a light of
15  He struck the rock in the wilderness: and gave them to drink, as out of the great deep.
16  He brought forth water out of the rock: and made streams run down as rivers.
17  And they added yet more sin against him: they provoked the most High to wrath in the place without water.
18  And they tempted God in their hearts, by asking meat for their desires.
19  And they spoke ill of God: they said: Can God furnish a table in the wilderness?
20  Because he struck the rock, and the waters gushed out, and the streams overflowed. Can he also give bread, or provide a table for his people?
21  Therefore the Lord heard, and was angry: and a fire was kindled against Jacob, and wrath came up against Israel.

Knight of the Holy Rosary

Psalmi 79:

1 In finem, pro iis qui commutabuntur. Testimonium Asaph, psalmus.
2 Qui regis Israël, intende ;
qui deducis velut ovem Joseph.
Qui sedes super cherubim, manifestare
3 coram Ephraim, Benjamin, et Manasse.
Excita potentiam tuam, et veni,
ut salvos facias nos.
4 Deus, converte nos, et ostende faciem tuam,
et salvi erimus.
5 Domine Deus virtutum,
quousque irasceris super orationem servi tui ?
6 cibabis nos pane lacrimarum,
et potum dabis nobis in lacrimis in mensura ?
7 Posuisti nos in contradictionem vicinis nostris,
et inimici nostri subsannaverunt nos.
8 Deus virtutum, converte nos, et ostende faciem tuam,
et salvi erimus.
9 Vineam de Ægypto transtulisti :
ejecisti gentes, et plantasti eam.
10 Dux itineris fuisti in conspectu ejus ;
plantasti radices ejus, et implevit terram.
11 Operuit montes umbra ejus,
et arbusta ejus cedros Dei.
12 Extendit palmites suos usque ad mare,
et usque ad flumen propagines ejus.
13 Ut quid destruxisti maceriam ejus,
et vindemiant eam omnes qui prætergrediuntur viam ?
14 Exterminavit eam aper de silva,
et singularis ferus depastus est eam.
15 Deus virtutum, convertere,
respice de cælo, et vide,
et visita vineam istam :
16 et perfice eam quam plantavit dextera tua,
et super filium hominis quem confirmasti tibi.
17 Incensa igni et suffossa,
ab increpatione vultus tui peribunt.
18 Fiat manus tua super virum dexteræ tuæ,
et super filium hominis quem confirmasti tibi.
19 Et non discedimus a te :
vivificabis nos, et nomen tuum invocabimus.
20 Domine Deus virtutum, converte nos, et ostende faciem tuam,
et salvi erimus.

[b]Psalms 80[/b]:

1  Unto the end, for them that shall he changed, a testimony for Asaph, a psalm.
2  Give ear, O thou that rulest Israel: thou that leadest Joseph like a sheep. Thou that sittest upon the cherubims, shine forth
3  before Ephraim, Benjamin, and Manasses. Stir up thy might, and come to save us.
4  Convert us, O God: and shew us thy face, and we shall be saved.
5  O Lord God of hosts, how long wilt thou be angry against the prayer of thy servant?
6  How long wilt thou feed us with the bread of tears: and give us for our drink tears in measure?
7  Thou hast made us to be a contradiction to our neighbours: and our enemies have scoffed at us.
8  O God of hosts, convert us: and shew thy face, and we shall be saved.
9  Thou hast brought a vineyard out of Egypt: thou hast cast cut the Gentiles and planted it.
10  Thou wast the guide of its journey in its sight: thou plantedst the roots thereof, and it filled the land.
11  The shadow of it covered the hills: and the branches thereof the cedars of God.
12  It stretched forth its branches unto the sea, and its boughs unto the river.
13  Why hast thou broken down the hedge thereof, so that all they who pass by the way do pluck it?
14  The boar out of the wood hath laid it waste: and a singular wild beast hath devoured it.
15  Turn again, O God of hosts, look down from heaven, and see, and visit this vineyard:
16  And perfect the same which thy right hand hath planted: and upon the son of man whom thou hast confirmed for thyself.
17  Things set on fire and dug down shall perish at the rebuke of thy countenance.
18  Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand: and upon the son of man whom thou hast confirmed for thyself.
19  And we depart not from thee, thou shalt quicken us: and we will call upon thy name.
20  O Lord God of hosts, convert us: and shew thy face, and we shall be saved.

[b]Psalms 81:[/b]

1  Unto the end, for the winepresses, a psalm for Asaph himself.
2  Rejoice to God our helper: sing aloud to the God of Jacob.
3  Take a psalm, and bring hither the timbrel: the pleasant psaltery with the harp.
4  Blow up the trumpet on the new moon, on the noted day of your solemnity.
5  For it is a commandment in Israel, and a judgment to the God of Jacob.
6  He ordained it for a testimony in Joseph, when he came out of the land of Egypt: he heard a tongue which he knew not.
7  He removed his back from the burdens: his hands had served in baskets.
8  Thou calledst upon me in affliction, and I delivered thee: I heard thee in the secret place of tempest: I proved thee at the waters of contradiction.
9  Hear, O my people, and I will testify to thee: O Israel, if thou wilt hearken to me,
10  there shall be no new god in thee: neither shalt thou adore a strange god.
11  For I am the Lord thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it.
12  But my people heard not my voice: and Israel hearkened not to me.
13  So I let them go according to the desires of their heart: they shall walk in their own inventions.
14  If my people had heard me: if Israel had walked in my ways:
15  I should soon have humbled their enemies, and laid my hand on them that troubled them.
16  The enemies of the Lord have lied to him: and their time shall be for ever.
17  And he fed them with the fat of wheat, and filled them with honey out of the rock.

Psalm 81

Deus stetit. An exhortation to judges and men in power.

81:1. A psalm for Asaph. God hath stood in the congregation of gods: and being in the midst of them he judgeth gods.
[i]Canticum Asaph Deus stetit in coetu Dei in medio Deus iudicat[/i]

81:2. How long will you judge unjustly: and accept the persons of the wicked?
[i]Usquequo iudicatis iniquitatem et facies impiorum suscipitis semper[/i]

81:3. Judge for the needy and fatherless: do justice to the humble and the poor.
[i]Iudicate pauperi et pupillo egeno et inopi iuste facite[/i]

81:4. Rescue the poor; and deliver the needy out of the hand of the sinner.
[i]Salvate inopem et pauperem de manu impiorum liberate[/i]

81:5. They have not known nor understood: they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth shall be moved.
[i]Non cognoscunt nec intellegunt in tenebris ambulant movebuntur omnia fundamenta terrae[/i]

81:6. I have said: You are gods and all of you the sons of the most High.
[i]Ego dixi dii estis et filii Excelsi omnes vos[/i]

81:7. But you like men shall die: and shall fall like one of the princes.
[i]Ergo quasi Adam moriemini et quasi unus de principibus cadetis[/i]

81:8. Arise, O God, judge thou the earth: for thou shalt inherit among all the nations.
[i]Surge Domine iudica terram quoniam hereditabis omnes gentes[/i]

Amen.

Edited by journeyman

• 2 weeks later...

Psalm 82

Deus, quis similis. A prayer against the enemies of God's church.

82:1. A canticle of a psalm for Asaph.
[i]Canticum psalmi Asaph [/i]

82:2. O God, who shall be like to thee? hold not thy peace, neither be thou still, O God.
[i]Deus ne taceas ne sileas et non quiescas Deus [/i]

82:3. For lo, thy enemies have made a noise: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
[i]Quia ecce inimici tui tumultuati sunt et qui oderunt te levaverunt caput [/i]

82:4. They have taken a malicious counsel against thy people, and have consulted against thy saints.
[i]Contra populum tuum nequiter tractaverunt et inierunt consilium adversum arcanum tuum [/i]

82:5. They have said: Come and let us destroy them, so that they be not a nation: and let the name of Israel be remembered no more.
[i]Dixerunt venite et conteramus eos de gente et non sit memoria nominis Israhel ultra [/i]

82:6. For they have contrived with one consent: they have made a covenant together against thee,
[i]Quoniam tractaverunt pariter contra te foedus pepigerunt [/i]

82:7. The tabernacle of the Edomites, and the Ishmahelites: Moab, and the Agarens,
[i]Tabernacula Idumeae et Ismahelitarum Moab et Aggareni [/i]

82:8. Gebal, and Ammon and Amalec: the Philistines, with the inhabitants of Tyre.
[i]Gebal et Ammon et Amalech Palestina cum habitatoribus Tyri [/i]

82:9. Yea, and the Assyrian also is joined with them: they are come to the aid of the sons of Lot.
[i]Sed et Assur venit cum eis facti sunt brachium filiorum Loth semper [/i]

82:10. Do to them as thou didst to Madian and to Sisara: as to Jabin at the brook of Cisson.
[i]Fac illis sicut Madian et Sisarae sicut Iabin in torrente Cison [/i]

82:11. Who perished at Endor: and became as dung for the earth.
[i]Contriti sunt in Aendor fuerunt quasi sterquilinium terrae [/i]

82:12. Make their princes like Oreb, and Zeb, and Zebee, and Salmana. All their princes,
[i]Pone duces eorum sicut Oreb et Zeb et Zebee et Salmana omnes principes eorum [/i]

82:13. Who have said: Let us possess the sanctuary of God for an inheritance.
[i]Qui dixerunt possideamus nobis pulchritudinem Dei [/i]

82:14. O my God, make them like a wheel; and as stubble before the wind.
[i]Deus meus pone eos ut rotam quasi stipulam ante faciem venti [/i]

82:15. As fire which burneth the wood: and as a flame burning mountains:
[i]Quomodo ignis conburit silvam et sicut flamma devorat montes [/i]

82:16. So shalt thou pursue them with thy tempest: and shalt trouble them in thy wrath.
[i]Sic persequere eos in tempestate tua et in turbine tuo conturba eos [/i]

82:17. Fill their faces with shame; and they shall seek thy name, O Lord.
[i]Imple facies eorum ignominia et quaerent nomen tuum Domine[/i]

82:18. Let them be ashamed and troubled for ever and ever: and let them be confounded and perish.
[i]Confundantur et conturbentur usque in saeculum et erubescant et pereant[/i]

82:19. And let them know that the Lord is thy name: thou alone art the most High over all the earth.
[i]Et sciant quia nomen tuum est Dominus solus tu Excelsus super omnem terram[/i]

[b]Psalms 83:[/b]

1  A canticle of a psalm for Asaph.
2  O God, who shall be like to thee? hold not thy peace, neither be thou still, O God.
3  For lo, thy enemies have made a noise: and they that hate thee have lifted up the head.
4  They have taken a malicious counsel against thy people, and have consulted against thy saints.
5  They have said: Come and let us destroy them, so that they be not a nation: and let the name of Israel be remembered no more.
6  For they have contrived with one consent: they have made a covenant together against thee,
7  the tabernacles of the Edomites, and the Ismahelites: Moab, and the Agarens,
8  Gebal, and Ammon and Amalec: the Philistines, with the inhabitants of Tyre.
9  Yea, and the Assyrian also is joined with them: they are come to the aid of the sons of Lot.
10  Do to them as thou didst to Madian and to Sisara: as to Jabin at the brook of Cisson.
11  Who perished at Endor: and became as dung for the earth.
12  Make their princes like Oreb, and Zeb, and Zebee, and Salmana. All their princes,
13  who have said: Let us possess the sanctuary of God for an inheritance.
14  O my God, make them like a wheel; and as stubble before the wind.
15  As fire which burneth the wood: and as a flame burning mountains:
16  So shalt thou pursue them with thy tempest: and shalt trouble them in thy wrath.
17  Fill their faces with shame; and they shall seek thy name, O Lord.
18  Let them be ashamed and troubled for ever and ever: and let them be confounded and perish.
19  And let them know that the Lord is thy name: thou alone art the most High over all the earth.

[b]Psalms 84:[/b]

1  Unto the end, for the winepresses, a psalm for the sons of Core.
2  How lovely are thy tabernacles, O Lord of host!
3  my soul longeth and fainteth for the courts of the Lord. My heart and my flesh have rejoiced in the living God.
4  For the sparrow hath found herself a house, and the turtle a nest for herself where she may lay her young ones: Thy altars, O Lord of hosts, my king and my God.
5  Blessed are they that dwell in thy house, O Lord: they shall praise thee for ever and ever.
6  Blessed is the man whose help is from thee: in his heart he hath disposed to ascend by steps,
7  in the vale of tears, in the place which be hath set.
8  For the lawgiver shall give a blessing, they shall go from virtue to virtue: the God of gods shall be seen in Sion.
9  O Lord God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob.
10  Behold, O God our protector: and look on the face of thy Christ.
11  For better is one day in thy courts above thousands. I have chosen to be an abject in the house of my God, rather than to dwell in the tabernacles of sinners.
12  For God loveth mercy and truth: the Lord will give grace and glory.
13  He will not deprive of good things them that walk in innocence: O Lord of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.

Psalm 84

Benedixisti, Domine. The coming of Christ, to bring peace and salvation to man.

84:1. Unto the end, for the sons of Core, a psalm.
[color="#808080"]Victori filiorum Core canticum[/color]

84:2. Lord, thou hast blessed thy land: thou hast turned away the captivity of Jacob.
[color="#808080"]Placatus es Domine terrae tuae reduxisti captivitatem Iacob[/color]

84:3. Thou hast forgiven the iniquity of thy people: thou hast covered all their sins.
[color="#808080"]Dimisisti iniquitatem populo tuo operuisti omnes iniquitates eorum semper[/color]

84:4. Thou hast mitigated all thy anger: thou hast turned away from the wrath of thy indignation.
[color="#808080"]Continuisti omnem indignationem tuam conversus es ab ira furoris tui[/color]

84:5. Convert us, O God our saviour: and turn off thy anger from us.
[color="#808080"]Converte nos Deus Iesus noster et solve iram tuam adversum nos[/color]

84:6. Wilt thou be angry with us for ever: or wilt thou extend thy wrath from generation to generation?
[color="#808080"]Noli in aeternum irasci nobis extendens iram tuam in generationem et generationem[/color]

84:7. Thou wilt turn, O God, and bring us to life: and thy people shall rejoice in thee.
[color="#808080"]Nonne tu revertens vivificabis nos et populus tuus laetabitur in te[/color]

84:8. Show us, O Lord, thy mercy; and grant us thy salvation.
[color="#808080"]Ostende nobis Domine misericordiam tuam et salutare tuum da nobis[/color]

84:9. I will hear what the Lord God will speak in me: for he will speak peace unto his people: And unto his saints: and unto them that are converted to the heart.
[color="#808080"]Audiam quid loquatur Dominus Deus loquetur enim pacem ad populum suum et ad sanctos suos ut non convertantur ad stultitiam[/color]

84:10. Surely his salvation is near to them that fear him: that glory may dwell in our land.
[color="#808080"]Verumtamen prope est his qui timent eum salutare eius ut habitet gloria in terra nostra[/color]

84:11. Mercy and truth have met each other: justice and peace have kissed.
[color="#808080"]Misericordia et veritas occurrerunt iustitia et pax deosculatae sunt[/color]

84:12. Truth is sprung out of the earth: and justice hath looked down from heaven.
[color="#808080"]Veritas de terra orta est et iustitia de caelo prospexit[/color]

84:13. For the Lord will give goodness: and our earth shall yield her fruit.
[color="#808080"]Sed et Dominus dabit bonum et terra nostra dabit germen suum[/color]

84:14. Justice shall walk before him: and shall set his steps in the way.
[color="#808080"]Iustitia ante eum ibit et ponet in via gressus suos[/color]

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost. As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.